Tucker Carlson is having a white nationalist fit over Congresswoman Ilhan Omar on his show where he said some really racist shit about her, including claiming that she hates this country and that she is “living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country.” And then last night, Carlson doubled down on his racism, insisting that we should only allow immigrants who “like us back” — i.e., agree with Tucker Carlson. OH! And he also had a guest on who claimed that if Omar “weren’t a member of Congress, she’d be a member of the KKK.”
Quick reminder: This is Representative Omar:
If it weren’t so fucking ignorant it might be funny.
As for Rep. Omar, she did manage to find the humor in it:
… before calling for a boycott of his show:
Look, even as liberal as I am, I don’t always agree with Rep. Omar. But the bottom line is she has assimilated, she has embraced what this country makes great, SHE’S A SITTING CONGRESSWOMAN FOR FUCK’S SAKE. She doesn’t hate this country, she wants it to live up to its ideals. And the idea that if you come here as an immigrant you abdicate your right to criticize this country? That’s one of the most anti-American things I’ve ever heard. Christ, what an asshole.
No, there will (probably) not be a third season of Big Little Lies. (Of course, that’s what they said about a second season.)
Dwayne Wade, Brad Paisley, Ellie Kemper and Jay Leno will all be guest judges on America’s Got Talent in the coming weeks.
The FCC has loosened some rules regarding children’s and educational programming for broadcasters. On the one hand, OUTRAGE! but on the other, the state of television has changed dramatically in the last few years and maybe it’s time to lighten the load a little.
Sex Monster News
So there was this one time when Jeffrey Epstein, Donald Trump, and 28 female models had a private party at Mar-a-Lago. Gross gross gross. Meanwhile, it remains a mystery how, exactly, Epstein became a (maybe) billionaire.
Matt Lauer’s wife has FINALLY filed for divorce. HOW IS THIS ONLY NOW HAPPENING?
Republican candidate for governor of Mississippi, Robert Foster, denied Larrison Campbell, a female reporter’s request to cover his campaign unless she was accompanied by a male colleague. Because this is fucking Saudi Arabia, apparently. JUST KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS, DUDE.
Ah yes, Harvey Weinstein has been “railroaded” by the emotion of the #MeToo movement. That’s what has happened here.
One Million Moms (Narrator: “It was actually about Seven Thousand Moms.”) are boycotting Toy Story 4 because a child is shown to have two mothers. Of all the things to be outraged by in this world …
- 13 Reasons Why might have been renewed for a fourth season at Netflix, but it’s unconfirmed.
- How to Get Away with Murder will end after season six on ABC.
- Best of Intentions, a coming of age comedy from the writer of American Pie has been ordered by Pop TV.
- Fight Like a Girl, a reality series starring the women of the WWE, is coming to Quibi.
- Thunder Bay, a true-crime podcast, is being turned into a TV series.
- A live-action horse-themed series is being developed by Imagine Kids.
- Amazon has set a deal with Scooter Braun.
- Darren Criss will star in and produce the musical comedy Royalties for Quibi.
- Tony Goldwyn will join the cast of Lovecraft Country on HBO.
- Carrie-Ann Moss will star in Tell Me a Story on CBS All Access, and Danielle Campbell will return.
- Angelica Ross is going to join American Horror Story: 1984.
- Maitreyi Ramakrishnan has been cast in the lead of Mindy Kaling’s untitled Netflix series. She was cast from an open casting call.
- Gary Oldman will star in the film Mank for Netflix.
- Hugh Bonneville will star in Netflix’s film Jingle Jangle.
- Arnold Schwartzenegger and Kevin Hart are going to star in shows for Snapchat which is a thing.
- Alexa Mansour, Nicolas Cantu, and Hal Cumpston are the three leads in the new The Walking Dead spinoff.
- Craig Tate, Wavyy Jonez, Shane Callahan, and Rory Cochrane have been cast in Hulu’s Reprisal.
- Jan Luis Castellanos, Erin Pineda, and Raquel McPeek Rodriguez are joining Don’t Look Deeper on Quibi.
- Hillary Swank is joining the cast of that Damon Lindelof movie, The Hunt.
Mark Your Calendars
- Lodge 49 returns on AMC on August 12.
- Otherhood will debut on Netflix on August 2.
- The Great Hack will debut on Netflix on July 24 and holy shit, you guys, it looks good. And terrifying.
- The Circus returns on Showtime on September 22.
- The Office episode, “The Dinner Party” will air in SMELL-O-VISION on COZI TV on August 26. Yeah.
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team will return on CMT on August 2.
- Racing Wives will return on CMT on August 2.
- Twisted Sisters will return on Investigation Discovery on August 12.
- Family Restaurant Rivals will debut on August 19.
- Say Yes to the Dress: America will premiere on TLC in January.
Denise Nickerson, Actress best known for playing Violet Beauregarde from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Freddie Jones, British actor
Jim Boulton, Former Yankees pitcher and one of the first authors of a tell-all sports book
Stewart the Corgi, Best known as Cheddar on Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Real Housewives of New York: We are already at the reunion — meanwhile, I’m literally 14 episodes behind. BUT DAMMIT, I’M GOING TO GET THIS DONE. 8 p.m., Bravo
The Outpost: Talon deals with a new threat in the season premiere. 8 p.m., The CW
Hollywood Game Night: Season premiere. 8 p.m., NBC
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Jon Favreau, D’Arcy Carden, Taylor Bennett
- Conan: Kumail Nanjiani
- Watch What Happens Live: Pauly D, Luann de Lesseps
|Family Food Fight
|Spin the Wheel
|Hollywood Game Night
|Law & Order: SVU