Roadblock in Tanzania.. pic.twitter.com/vhZXIyiCn6
— Buitengebieden (@buitengebieden) October 30, 2022
And you think Houston traffic is bad.
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
Happy Halloween! This is NOT a Stranger Things haunted house. I repeat this homemade neighborhood haunted house has nothing to do with Stranger Things.
— Matt Shearer (@MattWBZ) October 25, 2022
And here are a bunch of celebrities in Halloween costumes, if you care about that kind of thing.
For me, the biggest news of the day is that Henry Cavill is abandoning The Witcher for the stupid Superman franchise. BOO. Beginning in season four, Geralt of Rivia will be played by Liam Hemsworth. BUT CAN HE EVEN TAKE A BATH? They better have bath screen-tested Hemsworth IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ANY OF THIS.
I AM NOT OK.
On my travels this weekend, I watched the first three episodes of Unsolved Mysteries, 28 Days Haunted (which is the absolute most unintentionally hilarious paranormal show I’ve ever seen) and Love is Blind (DON’T YOU DARE JUDGE ME. ALSO, COLE AND BATISTE ARE GARBAGE MEN.). I only mention this because I am confident that they will catch Tammy Williams any day now thanks to Unsolved Mysteries. (Also, the episode on the Lake Michigan UFOs is genuinely fascinating stuff.)
— The Swoop™ (@modtinfreeman) October 31, 2022
— hazel 🦒 (@_heyyzzerr) October 31, 2022
Also, the opening credits contain a lot of clues, as they did last season.
As someone who has been on both sides of screen adaptations of literature, Martin discussed the “obligation to be faithful to the written material,” which he said is a “controversial” issue in Hollywood. The author made it clear where he stands: “How faithful do you have to be? Some people don’t feel that they have to be faithful at all. There’s this phrase that goes around: ‘I’m going to make it my own.’ I hate that phrase. And I think Neil probably hates that phrase, too.”
“I do,” Gaiman responded. “I spent 30 years watching people make ‘Sandman’ their own. And some of those people hadn’t even read ‘Sandman’ to make it their own, they’d just flipped through a few comics or something.” Gaiman added that it was a “joy” getting to make Season 1 of “The Sandman” on Netflix, and Martin energized the crowd by saying, “We want Season 2!”
Also, this was finally settled:
Neil Gaiman: “Did Tywin [Lannister] have chronic diarrhea or chronic constipation?”
— Variety (@Variety) October 28, 2022
In a different interview, Martin revealed that if he had his druthers, House of the Dragon would have begun 40 years earlier than it did, but that he was the only person enthused by that idea. NO DOUBT.
This is pretty funny: a while back, a bunch of male ABC executives just could not believe that people would watch a TV show where a female character had sex the night before her first day on a new job. And yet, Grey’s Anatomy has been on the air for 19 years now.
That wonderful Mad Men scene, in which Don Draper takes Peggy’s hand and kisses it after she tells him that she’s leaving, and she tears up — that was all improvised, and it was all real. This is beautiful:
Because Chris Licht is apparently on some sort of one-man mission to make me hate him, CNN is now talking about reducing their original series and films. This means that Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy, one of my favorite stress relievers, is under threat of cancelation. CHRIS LICHT, I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU.
It’s good to shed a tear when someone is singing your name 👌 pic.twitter.com/2yEw9P1y9E
— steve tudor (@stevetudorjame1) October 23, 2022
Chris Redd is out of the hospital after being attacked on Wednesday night.
Elon Musk has taken over Twitter, and immediately began tweeting out disgusting conspiracy theories about the savage beating of Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy. Fox News was quick to defend Musk. Gross.
- I mean, the good news is that The Witcher has been renewed for a fourth season on Netflix. But the bad news is … well, see above.
- Wreck has been renewed for a second season on BBC.
- DC’s Stargirl has been canceled after three seasons on The CW.
- The Real Love Boat has been moved from CBS to Paramount+. This isn’t a cancellation, per se, but it is.
- A Rick and Michonne limited series set in The Walking Dead universe is in the works at AMC.
- Book Club, a comedy about a book club whose members develop witchy powers, is in development at CBS.
- Vision Quest, a spinoff series from WandaVision, is in development at Disney+.
- Wild Things: Siegfried & Roy is being turned into a limited series at Apple TV+.
- Michael Imperioli is apparently writing a mystery project with David Chase.
- Jared Padalecki will guest star on Walker: Independence on The CW.
- Michaela Watkins and Dan Bakkedahl will star in Dinner with the Parents on Freevee.
- Jerrika Hinton has joined A Man in Full on Netflix.
- Salvador Chacón has joined For All Mankind on Apple TV+.
- Lola Glaudini will guest star on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit on NBC.
Mark Your Calendar
- Accused will premiere on Fox on January 22.
- Willow will premiere on Disney+ on November 30.
- The Best Man: The Final Chapters will premiere on Peacock on December 22.
- Orgasm Inc: The Story of OneTaste will debut on Netflix on November 5.
- Circuit Breakers will debut on Apple TV+ on November 11.
- The Silent Twins will debut on Peacock on November 4.
- Dolly Parton’s Mountain Magic Christmas will premiere on NBC on December 1.
- Gossip Girl will return on HBO Max on December 1.
- The Last Cowboy will return on CMT on November 18.
- Encanto at the Hollywood Bowl will stream on Disney+ on December 28.
Jerry Lee Lewis, Legendary Rock and Roll pioneer, member of the Rock and Roll and Country Music Halls of Fame and notorious monster who ruined multiple lives
Stephen C. Grossman, Producer of Newhart among others
Shirley Baskin Familian, Public TV pioneer, philanthropist, and one of the creators of Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream
Lee Jihan, K-pop singer and actor
D.H. Peligro, Drummer for the Dead Kennedys and Red Hot Chili Peppers
Cormac Roth, Musician son of Tim Roth
Bruce Arnold, Singer and songwriter for the band Orpheus
World Series Game 3: TAKE IT TO PHILLY, BOYS. 6 p.m., Fox
Inside Job: David Tennant and Stanley Tucci star … and … you know what? Enough said. I’m sold. Premiere. Netflix
God Forbid: The Sex Scandal that Brought Down a Dynasty: The story of how Jerry Falwell Jr. was taken down by a Miami pool boy and his own weird sex stuff. I live for this genre. Premiere. Hulu
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Daniel Radcliffe, Winston Duke, Caroline Rhea
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Ice T, John Irving, Rina Sawayama, Dena Tauriello
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Jennifer Hudson, Zosia Mamet
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Kerry Washington, Paul Feig, Rosa Linn
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Gwyneth Paltrow, Patton Oswalt
- The Daily Show: TBA
- Watch What Happens Live: Pam Grier, Chris Redd
|ABC||Bachelor in Paradise
|The Good Doctor
|Bob ♥ Abishola
|CW||World’s Funniest Animals: Halloween||The 13 Scariest Movies of All Time||Local|
|FOX||World Series: Game 3