beware of dog
(jukin media) pic.twitter.com/heWrbHltxx
— theworldofdog (@theworldofdog) October 31, 2022
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
Before we get started today, I just want to point out that we are one week from the midterm elections. And … look. You certainly know my political positions by now, and I have no expectation to convince someone who disagrees with me on the issues of abortion, race, gay rights, and the events of January 6th to be changed by anything that I say here. We will always disagree because we just see the world in fundamentally different ways.
But to everyone else, to those of you who agree with me on every position, and to those of you who might disagree with me on some things but not others, I am imploring you: VOTE. Please, for the love of this country, please vote. Things are getting dark out there, and I am worried.
I’m not telling you how to vote, I’m just saying there’s one side who is literally laughing at and campaigning on political violence RIGHT NOW, and one that isn’t. There is only one side who believes drag queens and critical race theory are existential threats to our country and are openly making comments about “The Jews,” and one that doesn’t. There is only one side who is fomenting distrust in our electoral system and is actively undermining democracy itself, and one that isn’t. These aren’t “two sides” to the same issue: this is a question of whether or not we still believe in the American experiment.
Please vote. Please. And vote in every single election on the ballot, because they are trying to undermine democracy from the bottom up. It can feel like a meaningless scream into a maelstrom sometimes, but if 2020 showed us anything, it’s that voting still matters. You still matter. Make sure you let them know that.
The View dressed a child as The Slap. Discuss amongst yourselves.
Disney+ wants you to start your holiday shopping early.
Winning a few Emmys means something: viewership for the season two premiere of The White Lotus was 63% higher than season one’s premiere.
That was Laura Dern cussing out Michael Imperioli’s character over the phone on The White Lotus.
The Washington Post has a great article asking hotel and travel industry insiders if the ultra-rich truly are as demanding and awful as the guests on The White Lotus. TL;DR: yes.
For the fifth year in a row, Netflix will celebrate Stranger Things Day on November 6. Theaters across the country (including Houston) will host screenings of Season 4 Volume 2. Additionally, there will be pop-up stores in some cities, and a Stranger Things Experience in others.
And while we’re on the topic: you can buy the Creel House for a mere $1.5 million (which honestly, for this house, feels like a reasonable price).
Kit Connor, star of Netflix’s Heartbreaker, was forced to come out as bisexual by online bullies.
back for a minute. i’m bi. congrats for forcing an 18 year old to out himself. i think some of you missed the point of the show. bye
— Kit Connor (@kit_connor) October 31, 2022
I truly don't understand how people can watch Heartstopper and then gleefully spend their time speculating about sexualities and judging based on stereotypes. I hope all those people are embarrassed as FUCK. Kit you are amazing 💖
— Alice Oseman Updates (@AliceOseman) October 31, 2022
i love u kit im sorry this has been so disgustingly rough on you. been treated so unfairly.
— kizzy edgell (@kizzy_edgell) October 31, 2022
Oh my God, how are we still talking about this?
And now Corden is out here stealing jokes word for word? When is his last day on The Late Late Show again?
In which James Corden basically does a Ricky Gervais joke word for word pic.twitter.com/8MfkrBo8Y0
— Rupert Myers (@RupertMyers) November 1, 2022
Glee‘s William Schuester was originally supposed to be a crystal-meth addict played by Justin Timberlake. Huh.
Country Music honored Loretta Lynn at the Grand Ole Opry House on Sunday. (I have to interject here that I stood on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry this summer, and it was literally a religious experience.)
Charging the Blue Check Mark people on Twitter $20 a month for their blue check marks to fight bots and trolls — even though the Blue Check Mark people are the only ones we know for sure aren’t bots and trolls and they are creating free content for you and are the only reason anyone uses that hell site? Yeah, Elon Musk has no fucking idea what he’s doing. I suspect he will back out of this whole Twitter thing by the end of the year.
Meanwhile, here are all the celebrities — Blue Check Marks all — who have left Twitter, or are threatening to do so. This is not a great business model, Elon.
Kevin Hart wins Halloween this year:
Kevin Hart dressed up as Tyrion for Halloween 😭😭 pic.twitter.com/8M6xls0i7S
— House Of The Dragon Source (@HOTDsource) November 1, 2022
HOW ANY WOMAN WORKS AT FOX NEWS IS A MIND-BOGGLING MYSTERY TO ME.
Outlander star Sam Heughan opened up in his memoir about doing the brutal rape scene in the first season and being forced to do a full-frontal shot, and how it impacted him negatively:
“This wasn’t a moment where I felt that being naked would add to the horror of what Jamie undergoes in that castle dungeon as a form of punishment, subjugation and humiliation,” he writes in the book.
“I pushed back, reasoning that nudity sexualised [sic.] a horrific experience for my character, and it sparked quite a debate.”
As a result, Heughan revealed on the Happy Sad Confused podcast earlier this year that Outlander, in season six, now has an intimacy coordinator.
“It’s important that everyone is protected, but also we find a way to explore these scenes and actually maybe get something more out of them,” Heughan said, saying that he felt “just thrown in the deep end” at the beginning of the series.
“Times have changed,” he writes in the book. “The c**k shot was unnecessary and did betray my trust in the creative team a bit.”
Similarly, Chloë Sevigny recently talked bout intimacy coordinators and how much she needed them in the early days of her career.
And Sigourney Weaver discussed the incredible sexism that she — a very powerful woman in Hollywood — faced in her career, which discouraged her from following her dream to direct.
In his attempt to support Meghan Markle’s comments about Deal or No Deal making her feel like a bimbo, Howie Mandel claims the show made him feel like a bimbo, too. Oh, Howie, no, honey. That’s … not helpful.
Florence Pugh says that when she was cast in the 2015 Fox pilot Studio City, she was told to change “my weight, my look, the shape of my face, the shape of my eyebrows,” causing her to second-guess whether or not she should be in the business at all.
I’m just going to leave this Google Doc right here called “Republican Sexual Predators, Abusers, and Enablers” which lists 905 cases that range from actual convictions to credible accusations, complete with receipts. GO VOTE ALREADY.
- Dangerous Liaisons has been renewed for a second season on Starz ahead of this weekend’s premiere.
- Fate: The Winx Saga has been canceled at Netflix after two seasons.
- Crystal Lake, a Friday the 13th series from Bryan Fuller, has been ordered at Peacock.
- Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin is going to change its name to Pretty Little Liars: Summer School for season two for some reason. It streams on HBO Max.
- Cristin Milioti has joined the cast of The Penguin series on HBO Max.
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will star in Wonder Man on Disney+.
- Gwendoline Christie, Bob Balaban, Merrit Wever, Alia Shawkat, Robby Benson, Stefano Carannante, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, and John Noble have joined the cast of Severance on Apple TV+. HUGE. This is huge, and I don’t know who I am most excited about: John Noble? Alia Shawkat? Gwendoline Christie? or Merrit Weaver? SCREAMING.
- Mark Consuelos has been cast as the President on The Girls on the Bus on HBO Max.
- Ray Romano has joined the cast of Project Artemis on Apple TV+.
- Ashleigh Murray, Brittany Adebumola, Hunter Parrish, and Sinclair Daniel have joined The Other Black Girl on Hulu.
- Poorna Jagannathan has been added to the cast of Deli Boys on Hulu.
- Michael Rowland, Grace Palmer, Gerry Dee, Kelli Ogmundson, and Alvina August have joined the cast of Animal Control on Fox.
- Saïd Taghmaoui has been added to The Family Plan on Apple TV+.
- Mathilda Gianopoulos has joined The Idea of You on Prime Video.
Mark Your Calendars
- The Last of Us will premiere on HBO on January 15. (But not officially, apparently.)
- Disenchanted will debut on Disney+ on November 18.
- Three Pines debuts on Prime Video on December 2.
- Alert will premiere on Fox on January 8.
- One Delicious Christmas will debut on Discovery+ on November 11.
- First Love will debut on Netflix on November 24.
- Don’t Worry Darling will premiere on HBO Max on November 7.
- Your Honor has pushed its return date on Showtime back to January 2023 from December 2022.
Kirsnik Khari Ball a.k.a. “Takeoff”, Rapper and one-third of the Migos. He was shot and killed at a bowling alley in downtown Houston
Jordan Klepper Fingers the Midterms – America Unfollows Democracy: See, it’s funny because we are about to vote in a bunch of anti-democratic Republicans who are wannabe fascists, and anyway, I’m just going to start drinking now. 10:30 p.m., Comedy Central
World Series Game
4 3: STUPID NO-ROOF-HAVING STADIUMS. 6 p.m., Fox
Oh hey, here’s @JustinVerlander entering the Citizens Bank Park for Game 3 of the World Series and flipping the bird to Phillies fans not once but TWICE. #GoPhillies #GoPhils #Philly #Philadelphia #Phillies @barstoolsports @BarstoolPhilly @NBCPhiladelphia pic.twitter.com/K1BByHAorY
— Darren ™ (@darren04) October 31, 2022
Young Royals: Season two. Netflix
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Lupita Nyong’o, “Weird Al” Yankovic, Cameron Crowe, a performance by the Broadway cast of “Almost Famous”
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Jake Tapper, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Sohla El-Waylly, Dena Tauriello
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Matthew Perry, Sen. Elizabeth Warren
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Will Arnett, Melia Kreiling, Tyga
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Mindy Kaling, Frank Grillo, Goose
- The Daily Show: TBA
- Watch What Happens Live: Capt. Sandy Yawn, Capt. Jason Chambers, Capt. Lee Rosbach, Capt. Glenn Shephard, Capt. Kerry Titheradge
|ABC||Bachelor in Paradise
|The Rookie: Feds
|FBI: Most Wanted
|FOX||World Series: Game 4