I love him.
Weighing a young penguin.. 😊 pic.twitter.com/TAjZUEAjF7
— Buitengebieden (@buitengebieden) October 20, 2022
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
You are going to have to find your Jeffrey Dahmer costumes someplace other than eBay.
Chris Licht’s attempt to move CNN more towards the center — by moving right — now includes hiring Stephen Gutowski, “the founder of The Reload, a news organization committed to ‘sober, serious reporting on–as well as analysis of–firearms policy and politics.’”
HIS ORGANIZATION IS CALLED “THE RELOAD.”
As you might expect, gun safety advocates have some thoughts.
THIS is who CNN just hired as a commentator on guns… Someone who was awarded gun lobby “reporter of the year,” who was a regular guest on the NRA’s extremists NRATV outlet, and friend of Dana and Chris Loesch… https://t.co/1pa6zIpL87
— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) October 19, 2022
This is Stephen Gutowski. He blocked me some time ago after I called him out. He is a gun industry shill hired by @CNN as a paid correspondent on guns. CNN, my bias is saving lives. You can hire me as your gun correspondent. I will do it for free, or a donation to a cause. pic.twitter.com/Jx00iqifQz
— Fred Guttenberg (@fred_guttenberg) October 20, 2022
Hiring Stephen Gutowski to report on gun violence is like hiring an oil exec to report on climate change. Love Josh and Jennifer though.
— David Hogg ☮️ (@davidhogg111) October 20, 2022
Meanwhile, Don Lemon is urging people to give Chris Licht a chance. Sure thing.
A former ABC News producer and reporter allegedly had his home raided by the FBI — possibly connected to classified documents? ABC says that James Gordon Meek “resigned very abruptly and hasn’t worked for us for months.”
A lettuce lated longer than Liz Truss did as the Prime Minister of the U.K.
Unbelievable, the Daily Star have a live feed, seeing whether Truss will outlive a lettuce. pic.twitter.com/AfcOIEcJy9
— Jaimie (@JaimieAlexKay) October 14, 2022
🚨 THE LETTUCE HAS OFFICIALLY OUTLASTED LIZ TRUSS AND WON 🚨
ALL HAIL THE LETTUCE.
— Daily Star (@dailystar) October 20, 2022
The Daily Star Lettuce when @trussliz resigns pic.twitter.com/fo0tcW1mDG
— Furquan Akhtar (@furquan) October 20, 2022
“We now go live to 10 Downing Street.” pic.twitter.com/ZdF9UgF4KK
— Amanda (@Pandamoanimum) October 20, 2022
Her chaotic exit created a lot of hilarious television:
Absolutely incredible opening to itv news tonight pic.twitter.com/Hp5PDzmsfG
— Niall (@notinaboyband) October 19, 2022
German TV news on what is happening in British politics is amazing. No need to understand German, watch to the end pic.twitter.com/RFPnD1iOFF
— Ben Phillips (@benphillips76) October 20, 2022
Krishnan Guru-Murthy calling Steve Baker a cunt. The evening just gets better and better. pic.twitter.com/quxlZTPgfQ
— Andy (@alreadytaken74) October 19, 2022
The Channel 4 reporter above, Krishnan Guru-Murthy, has been taken off the air for a week for saying. It didn’t air on TV, but was picked up on a live stream, lol. (I bet he feels like it was worth it.)
He wasn’t the only one to drop the “c” bomb on TV, though:
Peston: “Jeremy C***t’s Hunt’s cuts will be more painful.” pic.twitter.com/SiKjWHeRUb
— Scott Bryan (@scottygb) October 19, 2022
On current pace, King Charles could surpass his mother’s record of 15 prime ministers before the end of 2024
— Philip Sim (@BBCPhilipSim) October 20, 2022
Liz Truss lasted 4.1 Scaramuccis
— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) October 20, 2022
This is the perfect time to introduce yourself to The Thick of It, from Veep creator, Armando Iannucci.
— Armando Iannucci (@Aiannucci) October 20, 2022
Dame Judy Dench is hella pissed about The Crown, calling it “hurtful” and “crude sensationalism.”
The season premiere of Yellowstone and the series premiere of Tulsa King will screen in AMC theaters on October 29, ahead of their premieres on November 13.
Sounds like this upcoming season of Barry will be the last. Not entirely surprising, but ~sigh~.
Y’all: they’ve turned The Great British Bake Off into a musical. Insert taco challenge joke here.
Sarah Silverman and Kathryn Hahn’s feud — that I did not know they had — has been resolved. (It’s actually an interesting situation: Silverman called Hahn out for being cast as Jewish characters even though she is not Jewish. They’ve since talked it out, and everything is cool.)
Here is Drake Roger, the baby John Winchester of The Winchesters. One interesting thing about this interview is that he explains he’s not trying to recreate Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s performance, but rather incorporate parts of both Sam and Dean.
Billy Ray Cyrus is engaged to a woman younger than Miley who he met on the set of Hannah Montana and I’m just going to go stare at a wall for an hour.
Try Guy Wife has a story about James Corden being a jerk and now the internet has come full circle. We are done here.
*James Corden story time*
Patrick Stewart got turned away from a comedy show I was on bc it was full and instead of saying “excuse me I am Patrick Stewart” he was like “ok thanks” and went home https://t.co/f7g9M63slr
— Kath Barbadoro (@kathbarbadoro) October 18, 2022
Walter Hamada is out as the head of DC Films at Warner Bros. Discovery. He helped create the crossover of DC films and HBO Max, and oversaw production of The Batman during the pandemic. He also was accused by Ray Fisher of enabling Joss Whedon’s abusive behavior.
Every Logan Roy “Fuck Off” from
— Michael Warburton (@MichaelWarbur17) October 20, 2022
- P-Valley has been renewed for a third season on Starz.
- Heartbreak High has been renewed for a second season on Netflix.
- A limited series based on the Buffalo Rangers, the only all-Black special operations combat unit in U.S. history, is being produced
- Underrated, a documentary about Stephen Curry, is in the works at Apple TV+.
- The Bequeathed, from Yeon Sang-ho, has been set at Netflix.
- William H. Macy will guest star on The Conners, making him the third Shameless actor to be on the show.
- Missy Peregrym will return on FBI on CBS.
- Temuera Morrison will co-star in Chief of War on Apple TV+.
- Rachael Harris has joined the cast of Goosebumps on Disney+.
- Tom Wlaschiha and Mathilde Ollivier have been added to the cast of Mrs. Davis on Peacock.
- Charlie Day, Ray Romano, Kenan Thompson, Chase Sui Wonders, Simon Rex, and Brad Garrett have been added to the cast of Bupkis on Peacock.
- Chelsea Handler will host the Critics Choice Awards on The CW.
- William Moses and Denise Crosby have been cast as Jeff and Carolyn Webber on General Hospital.
- Judge Yodit Tewolde and Judge Rachel Juarez have joined Hot Bench in syndication.
- Bárbara Mori will star in Las Azules on Apple TV+.
Mark Your Calendars
- The Crown returns on Netflix on November 9.
- All Quiet on the Western Front will premiere on Netflix on October 28.
- Nope will debut on Peacock on November 18.
- The Big Brunch will premiere on HBO Max on November 10.
- Titans returns on HBO Max on November 3.
- Down to Earth with Zac Efron: Down Under debuts on Netflix on November 11.
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will debut on HBO on November 19.
- Ancient Apocalypse will premiere on Netflix on November 11.
- Hot Skull debuts on Netflix on December 2.
- My Name Is Vendetta premieres on Netflix on November 30.
- Camilo: El Primer Tour De Mi Vida will premiere on HBO Max on November 18.
- Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous: Hidden Adventure premieres on Netflix After School on November 15.
- Oni: Thunder God’s Tale will premiere on Netflix on October 21.
- Gangs Of London will return on AMC+ on November 17.
- Trevor Noah: I Wish You Would will premiere on Netflix on November 22.
- Wild Crime premieres on Hulu on November 24.
- Barmageddon debuts on USA on December 5.
- Moonshiners and Master Distiller return on Discovery Channel on November 9.
Harry Flynn, Hollywood publicist
Inside Amy Schumer: After taking a six-year break, Amy is back. Season premiere. Paramount+
The Peripheral: Chloë Grace Moretz stars in this new series based on the William Gibson novel of the same name as a young woman who finds herself in the middle of a murder mystery in a simulated universe. Or something. It’s from the creators of Westworld, so there’s no way it’s as straightforward as that. Series premiere. Prime Video
Poltergeist: Despite being 40 years old, this one holds up. 9 p.m., AMC
- The Daily Show: Tyler James Williams
|So Help Me Todd
|Welcome to Flatch
|Call Me Kat
|NBC||Law & Order
|Law & Order: SVU
|Law & Order: Organized Crime