And now you’ve seen this:
Bruh said by any means necessary.🤔😂 🐊 pic.twitter.com/V89Sy0auce
— J- 🌎✨ (@MajorFactor2) September 29, 2021
All Other TV News
That said, Variety is reporting that while at the moment he’s only signed for this one upcoming season, the idea is that he’ll take over hosting for both The Bachelor AND The Bachelorette, which is some straight-up bullshit. There’s no reason why The Bachelorette can’t continue to be hosted by former Bachelorettes except for some dumb ingrained patriarchal nonsense that says the franchises need a singular identifiable male face. Tayshia and Kaitlin are doing a great job over at The Bachelorette — they are empathetic and relatable and understand better than any man could what the FEMALE CONTESTANTS are going through. This is just another reminder that this series is reactionary trash. /end rant
Ray Liotta was offered the role of Ralph Cifaretto on The Sopranos, but turned it down, only to have Joey Pantoliano win an Emmy for the role. (Joey Pants was PERFECT in that role, so no harm, no foul.) And speaking of Ralph Cifaretto, the horse who played his character’s victim, Pie-O-My is alive and well and living her best life.
AMC seems to be shedding a lot of executives lately — are they trying to position themselves to be acquired by another media conglomerate?
Ozy Media is a production company that makes TV shows and podcasts, and has won an Emmy for an OWN program. And the only reason I’m talking about them is that they got into trouble when The New York Times revealed their COO impersonated a YouTube executive while on a call with potential investors. The executive in question is taking a “leave of absence,” a law firm has been brought in to investigate, and the CEO has stepped down from hosting today’s documentary Emmys ceremony. And Ozy Media’s executive producer and senior editor, Katty Kay, just resigned. She’d been there for all of three months. Yikes.
Saturday Night Live is losing its longtime director, Don Roy King, who is retiring after 15 seasons. He won 11 Emmys during his tenure there.
PRES TRUMP TODAY IN CALIFORNIA: " 'WEIRD AL' WAS VERY MEAN TO MR. COOLIO!! DIDN'T ASK FOR RIGHTS. NOT VERY NICE!" pic.twitter.com/kgF5UFYRLP
— James Austin Johnson (@shrimpJAJ) October 18, 2020
The news on the spread of the Delta variant is improving … slightly. Cases are dropping, and deaths are declining, though we are still over 2,000 deaths a day and rapidly approaching 700,000 American deaths from this virus. While cases are slowing down in the South, they are beginning to rise in the North and Midwest, which does not bode well for the upcoming winter.
The CEO of Pfizer is optimistic that we can get back to normal within a year IF PEOPLE WILL FUCKING GET VACCINATED.
In good news, vaccine mandates appear to be working:
We're reaching deadlines for vaccine mandates. Some compliance numbers:
Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, NY: 95.5%
Bassett Healthcare Network, NY: 97%
NY hospitals overall: 92%
In several cases: <1 percent of employees terminatedhttps://t.co/IWRSyw2TfM
— Aaron Blake (@AaronBlake) September 29, 2021
And United is set to fire 593 employees who refused to be vaccinated. GOOD. DO IT.
The NBA is denying Warriors player Andrew Wiggins a religious exemption to the vaccine, and they will not pay players like Wiggins and Kyrie Irving who miss games because they refuse to get vaxxed. GOOD. DO IT. LeBron James has finally publicly said that he and his family have been vaccinated, but then undermined any good that did by yammering about “personal choice.”
… where do they think ivermectin comes from. https://t.co/mgxdzewv9g
— Brandon Bird (@Brandon_Bird) September 27, 2021
You’ll be shocked to learn Garrison is treating his COVID with beet juice.
Tony Robbins is an idiot, and you should not take medical advice from him. (Or any advice for that matter.)
Real Housewife Vicki Gunvalson is an idiot, and you should not take medical advice from her. (Additionally, she probably shouldn’t have been allowed to film with the other women thanks to her unvaccinated status. Medical issues, my ass.)
Tucker Carlson thinks the military vaccination requirement is about turning the military into a bunch of cucks and not, you know, for public health reasons. Also, something about the Church of Satan? He’s lost his damn mind. Reminder: Tucker Carlson has been vaccinated.
YouTube has removed anti-vaccine content, including the profiles of notable anti-vaxxers Joseph Mercola and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Good, but a little too late, friends.
Mayim Bialik really really really wants you to know that she is not an anti-vaxxer despite saying some problematic anti-vaxxer things in the past because she really wants that Jeopardy! gig.
Zac Brown Band had to pause their tour after Zac Brown tested positive.
Gospel singer Kelly Price reveals that she was very sick from COVID and nearly died. Her family reported her missing after she self-isolated to recover, but she’s fine.
After being hurried off the set of The View last Friday thanks to what turned out to be false positives, Ana Navarro and Sunny Hostin expressed their frustration and embarrassment at having their results revealed so publicly. The producer of the show also apologized on air for the mistake.
Navarro also had to kneecap Dummy Jr. over the kerfuffle:
@DonaldJTrumpJr, thanks for your concern.
I don’t have COVID.
Fortunately for you, if you want to have a conversation about the effects of obesity on people with COVID, your dad is a phone call away…assuming he answers your calls.
Or just ask your sister to call him for you. https://t.co/1v6GISIt5B
— Ana Navarro-Cárdenas (@ananavarro) September 25, 2021
Dancing With the Stars‘ Cheryl Burke tested positive for COVID and will miss the next two episodes. Her partner, Cody Rigsby, has been given a temporary replacement.
President Biden got his booster shot on television because he’s a responsible leader.
His dad died of COVID last year. On his 12th birthday, his only wish was to get vaccinated.
"If a child can see with clarity the necessity and importance … then I don't understand what's holding people up."https://t.co/a6rYnHDnJn
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) September 25, 2021
- Archer has been renewed for a 13th season on FXX.
don’t ever send me a tiktok unless it’s this pic.twitter.com/wQ1hovEjbt
— Matt Negrin, HOST OF HARDBALL AT 7PM ON MSNBC (@MattNegrin) June 27, 2020
- Might there be Stranger Things spinoffs? Yes! There might!
- William Shatner’s novel TekWar is being adapted into an animated series
- Dept. H is being adapted into a series at Netflix.
- Tropicana Nights: The Life and Times of the Legendary Cuban Nightclub is being adapted into a TV series.
- Gina Atwater has signed a multi-year overall deal with Netflix.
- Sydney Park is joining the cast of Coercion on Showtime.
- Fran Drescher, Martin Kove, Mario Cantone, William Forsythe, Andrew Dice Clay, and Sofia Milos have joined the cast of Gravesend on Amazon.
- Martin Martinez will join the cast of Magnum P.I. on CBS.
- Sarah Drew and Carsyn Rose will star in Amber Brown on Apple TV+.
- Jake Picking, Will Ropp, Archie Renaux, and Kyle Allen have joined The Greatest Beer Run Ever on Apple TV+.
- Felisha Terrell has joined both Queens on ABC and BMF on Starz.
Mark Your Calendars
- Curb Your Enthusiasm will return on HBO on October 24.
- Phoebe Robinson: Sorry, Harriet Tubman will premiere on HBO Max on October 14.
- Dalgliesh will premiere on Acorn on November 1.
- Slumber Party Massacre will premiere on Syfy on October 16.
- Blush will debut on Apple TV+ on October 1.
- The “It’s A Wonderful Lifetime” programming event will begin on Lifetime on November 12.
- AMC FearFest 2021 begins October 1.
- The Doctor Is In will premiere on WE tv on November 11.
- When Hope Calls will debut on GAC on December 18.
- COPS: All Access will premiere on Fox Nation on October 1.
Sam Riddle, Star Search producer and Los Angeles DJ
Problem with Jon Stewart: Jon Stewart is back on TV with this new series in which he does a deep dive into a single issue every other week in this new series. So, sorta like Last Week Tonight or The Problem with Wyatt Cenac? Series premiere. Apple TV+
Big Brother: A winner is chosen. Season finale. 8 p.m., CBS
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Maluma; Michael Gandolfini; Giveon
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Demi Lovato; Neal Brennan; Audrey Nuna ft. Saba; Nick Baglio
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Anita Hill, Alessandro Nivola
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Tyra Banks, Leslie Odom Jr.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: LL Cool J, Nick Robinson, Tems
- The Daily Show: TBD
|The Wonder Years
|A Million Little Things
|In the Dark
|FOX||The Masked Singer