It is Tuesday. 49 days until Election Day. 28 days until early voting begins in Texas.
Here is a fox who does not want to give you her Starbucks cup.
DO NOT TAKE JUNIPER’S STARBUCKS CUP.
The Television Critics Association announced its awards yesterday. Unsurprisingly, Watchmen was the big winner. It took home: Outstanding Movie, Miniseries, Or Special; Outstanding New Program; Individual Achievement In Drama for Regina King; and Program Of The Year — literally every category it was eligible for. Fuck yeah, Watchmen.
The Creative Arts Emmys began last night, and will continue all week long. Here are the winners so far.
The end is really nigh:
View this post on Instagram
Well, here goes… I write this as I head to my last day of #Supernatural. My last day with #SamWinchester. Obviously, my head is spinning and my emotions are stratospheric, but there’s still a bit of time left on the clock. Thank y’all SO MUCH for the incredible amount of love and support that’s been headed our way, in these final hours. It’s definitely been felt. I’ll check in soon, but, for now, #WeHaveWorkToDo #spnfamily
View this post on Instagram
Woke up at 6am this morning. That alarm went off with a heavy tone. Today is the final day of a 15 year journey. One that has changed my life forever. To those I have worked with on this journey and to those who have watched and supported…you will never understand my great appreciation for you. “Thank you” doesn’t cover it. There just aren’t words. I’m so grateful for these memories that I will carry with me forever. What a ride it has been. And what a run. #spnfamilyforever here are a few shots from our final days…including today. I’ll try and send more later, but in true SPN form…we are in the middle of “nowhere” and have zero service. Go figure. Stay tuned.
Most Bachelor couples breakup, but rarely are restraining orders involved. Cassie Randolph has taken a restraining order against Colton Underwood accusing him of stalking her, inundating her with harassing calls and texts, and placing a tracking device on her car. I wish I could say this was surprising, but considering his behavior on the show, and his refusal to pick up on her signals or gracefully accept her rejection, this feels inevitable.
Carole Baskin, Joe Exotic’s nemesis and possible husband-murderer, made her debut on Dancing with the Stars last night, and it was a clompy mess. Not just because she can’t dance (she absolutely can not), but also because her dead/missing husband’s family took out an ad DURING THE SHOW to ask for information on Don Lewis’ whereabouts. SHAAAAAAADE.
Here’s more about the Game of Thrones pilot that was scrapped. Apparently, Rickon was very nearly cut from the series, and one scene was ruined by an … excited horse.
It’s official: CBS All Access will become Paramount+ next year.
Peacock has hit 15 million subscribers after two months. Not bad. It helps that it has a free platform, though.
So Disney has really made a hash of this whole Mulan situation, and all in chase of the China box office which didn’t even really pan out for them. SAD.
Welp, here’s today’s bummer news: Jerry Harris, the breakout star of Netflix’s Cheer, is being investigated by the FBI for allegedly soliciting sex and nudes from minors. He is also being sued by twin brothers. Harris is denying all of the claims.
Kate Winslet regrets working with Woody Allen and Roman Polanski. Glad you got here, but girl, what took you so long?
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) September 14, 2020
Reminder: A snake is not a proper face covering.
James Corden had to record last night’s Late Late Show from home last night because he came into contact with someone who tested positive.
Riverdale has resumed filming in Vancouver.
Law & Order: SVU resumed filming. The Chicago series and FBI are preparing to resume filming.
So, this is kind of amazing. This conspiracy group who calls themselves “Crowdsource the Truth” used a manipulated image of an Emmy award holding a coronavirus as part of their “Crony Awards,” earning them a takedown notice from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Crowdsource the Truth claimed it was a parody and therefore fair use, which is an argument, but then these idiots went and attacked the Academy President Adam Sharp, claiming he’s a “political operative” using the takedown process to stifle “competition from real news.” They went on to accuse Sharp’s career of being built on “nepotism, corruption, and CIA-led propaganda campaigns.” So now they’re getting sued. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver has been renewed for three more seasons on HBO. “We’re all extremely happy to be able to continue to do our show on HBO for another three years, or until the end of the world, whichever comes first,” John Oliver told The Hollywood Reporter.
- Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making the Team has been renewed for a 15th season on CMT.
- America’s Court with Judge Ross has been renewed for seven more seasons.
- An untitled family comedy based on Guy Barnum’s life has been put into production at NBC.
- The Big D, a drama set in 1980s Dallas, is being developed at HBO.
- An animated adaptation of Good Times has been ordered at Netflix. It’s produced by Norman Lear, Steph Curry, and Seth MacFarlane.
- The Kane Chronicles are being adapted into feature films for Netflix by Rick Riordan.
- Mega City Smiths, a stop-motion animated dramedy from the Robot Chicken guys has been ordered at AMC.
- Malcolm & Marie, starring Zendaya and John David Washington, has been bought by Netflix.
- Pieces of a Woman has also been bought by Netflix.
- Toothbrush, a dramedy, is being developed at Quibi.
- A female sports agent drama and a hip-hop anthology series, both produced by 50 Cent, have been picked up by Starz.
- Mara Brock Akil has signed an overall deal with Netflix.
- Genevieve Padalecki is joining the cast of Walker as real-life husband Jared Padalecki’s character’s wife.
- Lifetime has set the lead casts for their first LGBTQ and Asian-led Christmas movies. The Christmas Setup will star real-life married couple Ben Lewis and Blake Lee and co-star Fran Drescher. A Sugar & Spice Holiday will star Ellen Wong, Jacky Lai, Tony Giroux, and Tzi Ma.
- Anika Noni Rose will co-star in Maid on Netflix.
- Shivaani Ghai is joining the cast of Batwoman on The CW.
- Adriyan Rae is joining the cast of Chicago Fire.
- Anthony Anderson, America Ferrera, Issa Rae, Gabrielle Union, J.J. Watt, Lsetupena Waithe, and Oprah Winfrey will appear on the Emmys such as they will be.
Mark Your Calendars
- The Mandalorian will return on Disney+ on October 30.
- The Bachelorette returns on ABC on October 13.
- Moonbase 8 will premiere on Showtime on November 8.
- The Prom will premiere on Netflix on December 11.
- Siempre, Luis will debut on HBO on October 6.
- Tiny World will premiere on Apple TV+ on October 2.
- The Playbook premieres on Netflix on September 22.
- The Console Wars will debut on CBS All Access on September 23.
- Clouds debut on Disney+ on October 16.
- Love After Lockup returns on We TV on October 9.
- Hemingway will premiere on PBS on April 15.
- Flip Or Flop returns on HGTV on October 15.
- Death in Paradise will premiere on Ovation on October 1.
Peter Sova, Cinematographer on Diner and Donnie Brasco
Al Kasha, Oscar-winning composer
Sharon Hite, Author who upended myths about female sexuality
The Presidential Town Hall: Your Voice, Your Vote, Your Questions: President Cheese Brain takes questions from undecided voters. HOW ARE THERE ANY UNDECIDED VOTERS LEFT? 8 p.m., ABC
Taco Chronicles 2: TACOS. Season premiere. Netflix
The Public: Alec Baldwin, Emilio Estevez, Jena Malone, Taylor Schilling, Christian Slater, Che “Rhymefest” Smith, Gabrielle Union, Jacob Vargas, Michael K. Williams, and Jeffrey Wright star in this film about an act of civil disobedience in a Cincinnati public library. Peacock
Hope Frozen: A Quest to Live Twice: A documentary about a two-year-old girl, the youngest person to be cryonically frozen in hopes to cure her brain cancer someday in the future. Netflix
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Ewan McGregor, Willie & Bobbie Nelson, Kesha
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Wendy Williams, Blake Griffin, Yola, Sonny Emory
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Janelle Monáe, Jacob Soboroff
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Rainn Wilson, Anthony Ramos
- The Daily Show: The Daily Social Distancing Show
- Conan: Melissa Villaseñor
- Watch What Happens Live: Jenna Bush Hager, Paris Hilton
|The President and the People: A 20/20 Special Event|
|FBI: Most Wanted
|Tell Me a Story
|NBC||America’s Got Talent