Sound on for a good boy:
He snores like a cartoon 😂
— out of context dogs (@contextdogs) October 24, 2023
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
SAG-AFTRA and AMPTP are still talking (at least as of now).
The WGA put out a statement condemning the violence perpetuated by Hamas and apologized for dragging their feet about making it, and on the one hand, was that so hard? But on the other hand, why do people care so much?
Apple TV+ and Apple One are raising their prices. Apple TV+ will go from $6.99 to $9.99 a month. There’s also this story about how Apple is planning on making its app into a streaming hub for all your shows and movies. But I’m confused as to how this will possibly work when the other streaming services will have no incentive to allow their shows to be accessed through it?
Here are all the dishiest parts of John Stamos’ memoir, including how he tried to get the Olsen Twins fired from Full House, that he tried to get HIMSELF fired from Full House, that he didn’t like Bob Saget at first, why he turned down Nip/Tuck, his relationship with Lori Loughlin, and more. Oh, and then there’s the Tony Danza story …
Cheryl Burke was almost a Bachelorette, but the producers said Chris Harrison vetoed her for being a “sloppy drunk.” (Harrison denies this, insisting that he didn’t have that kind of power on the show, but not, from what I can tell, denying that he called her a “sloppy drunk.”)
HOW DID I NEGLECT TO MENTION YESTERDAY THAT FORMER PRESIDENT ELECTION DENIER’S FORMER LAWYER JENNA ELLIS ALSO PLED GUILTY? AND AND MARK MEADOWS GOT AN IMMUNITY DEAL FROM THE DOJ. TICK TOK, RUDY GIULIANI.
In other political news, we (finally) have a Speaker of the House — and he’s a far-right-wing Christian Nationalist lunatic who was one of the architects of the attempt to overthrow the 2020 election, which does not bode well for the 2024 election. Will he try to block the certification of the election if Former President Fuckleknuckle loses again?
Glad to hear The Young and the Restless‘ Christian LeBlanc is in remission and will be returning to the soap soon.
- Trixie Motel: Drag Me Home has been ordered at HGTV.
- Money, the graphic novel, is being adapted into a series by Amazon MGM.
- “True Crime, True Faith: The Serial Killer and the Texas Mom Who Stopped Him” is being adapted into a film by Amazon MGM.
- Ben Whishaw and Sarah Lancashire are joining the cast of Black Doves on Netflix.
- Tracy Spiridakos is leaving the cast of Chicago P.D. on NBC.
Mark Your Calendars
- Fargo returns on FX on November 21.
- Maestro will premiere on Netflix on December 20.
- Julia returns on Max on November 16.
- The Boulet Brothers’ Dragula returns on Shudder and AMC+ on October 31.
- Obituary premieres on Hulu on November 21.
- Matt Rife: Natural Selection will debut on Netflix on November 15.
- Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch premieres on Discovery on November 15.
- Steeltown Murders deubts on Acorn TV on November 27.
- Nothing to See Here premieres on Netflix on November 17.
- The Lazarus Project returns on Sky on November 15.
- David Holmes: The Boy Who Lived will premiere on HBO on November 15.
- Buying Back the Block will debut on HGTV on November 8.
- Who We Become premieres on Netflix on December 1.
- Shetland debuts on BritBox on November 29.
Richard Roundtree, Actor most famous for being Shaft, but who also appeared on As the World Turns, Being Mary Jane, and Cherish the Day among others
— Carl Weathers (@TheCarlWeathers) October 25, 2023
Working with Richard Roundtree was a dream. Getting to hang with him & our Being Mary Jane family was always a good ass time with the best stories & laughs. He was ALWAYS the coolest man in the room with the BEST vibes & ppl would literally run over to come see him. He was simply… pic.twitter.com/1N8fHVDsA6
— Gabrielle Union (@itsgabrielleu) October 25, 2023
The Hayes family would like to share our sadness with the loss of Richard Roundtree, a true icon.
His legendary role as SHAFT, transcended the screen, defining an era.
— Isaac Hayes (@isaachayes) October 25, 2023
Richard Roundtree had *many* recognizable roles, but I knew him best as Paul Patterson on Being Mary Jane. He truly was a transcendent actor, through and through. RIP! 💔 pic.twitter.com/1sQ4L8UFIM
— issa rae’s favorite interviewer. (@TheGreatIsNate) October 25, 2023
RIP, Richard Roundtree.
They say that cat was a bad motherfuc…https://t.co/Kd1kirBvJj
— Charles P. Pierce (@CharlesPPierce) October 25, 2023
My heart hurts to hear this beautiful legendary actor/actor/pioneer has passed. Blessed to have known him and worked with him on 21 Jump Street AND Hangin With Mr. Cooper.
I gave him his flowers every chance I got 💐
Rest In Peace, Richard Roundtree #giant #icon #Shaft 💔🙏🏾 pic.twitter.com/oRpoVg8MvX
— Holly Robinson Peete 💃🏾♍️ (@hollyrpeete) October 25, 2023
When I was a teenager I use to dream about growing up to meet Richard Roundtree. I did and what a wonderful human being. pic.twitter.com/1ZiIdj4d0o
— sheryl lee ralph (@thesherylralph) October 25, 2023
20 years ago the LEGEND Richard Roundtree did one day on my 1st movie Brick. It was a tiny weird movie, we were a set full of kids, and he was so kind & generous & patient, and even hung out with us all that night. Incredible guy, incredible career ♥️ pic.twitter.com/lNnPpJxxU0
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) October 25, 2023
Sad to hear of the passing of Richard Roundtree.. He was fabulous as John Shaft at a time when there were few leading Black men in film. He put the sexy and cool in being a detective. Rest well. Condolences to his family. 🙏🏾 pic.twitter.com/9HNJHS6yUz
— Loni Love (@LoniLove) October 25, 2023
Cedric “Beastie” Jones, Actor who appeared in The Terminal List, Emancipation, and Southpaw
Bill Kenwright, British West End theater and movie producer
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: LET THE KYLE AND MAURICIO SEASON BEGIN. 7 p.m., Bravo
Life on Our Planet: Morgan Freeman narrates this Stephen Spielberg-produced nature docuseries. Premiere. Netflix
The Exorcist: For a little late night scare, you can’t go wrong with the classic. 11:30 p.m., AMC
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Cameron Diaz, Guy Raz, Eslabon Armado featuring Gabito Ballesteros
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Allison Williams, Fisher Stevens, Neal Daniels
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Talking Heads, Mae Martin
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Meg Ryan, David Duchovny, Joe Walsh
- The Daily Show: Guest host Desus Nice
- Watch What Happens Live: Kyle Richards, Teddi Mellencamp
|Celebrity Wheel of Fortune
|The $100,000 Pyramid
|The Amazing Race
|The Spencer Sisters
|FOX||The Masked Singer