I don’t know what is happening here but I love it.
legend tells of a legendary dog walker pic.twitter.com/Tdcvgsd7ub
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) October 17, 2021
All Other TV News
H’oh boy, Meghan McCain has a new book coming out, and the chapter on why she left The View was published in Variety today. You’ll be shocked to hear this but she claims she left because of the “toxic workplace” and that Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg were mean to her. There is absolutely no recognition on her part that she contributed to that toxic environment by being bratty and disrespectful and entitled. But you knew that already.
(And don’t get me started on how she only decided to give a shit about paid maternity leave after she had a baby. and doesn’t seem to understand that the reason the party she so proudly belongs to is opposed to giving working women support is because THEY ARE OPPOSED TO WOMEN WORKING. It’s actually everything wrong with Meghan McCain: nothing matters until it applies to her, and she either is ignorant of her party’s actual platform and beliefs, or she chooses to ignore them. I hate this ride, let me off.)
This show is trash, but apparently people love them some trash, so what do I know?
Oh my God, do not let your 6-year-olds watch Squid Game, what is wrong with you people?
Generation X and younger are more likely to subscribe to a streaming service to watch a particular program, cancel it after, and then resubscribe later — a phenomenon known as “churn and return” — than older generations who are lucky to remember if they subscribed to a streamer in the first place.
Hey, here’s another deeply depressing and upsetting report from Jordan Klepper. Pray for this country.
Congratulations to Sarah Snook on her secret pandemic wedding!
Actress Lili Bernard has sued Bill Cosby for $225 million for drugging and raping her on multiple occasions. Good. I hope he spends the remainder of his days in court.
Meghan McCain isn’t the only one shopping a memoir: Katie Couric is about to be on the book tour, and she had to clarify after excerpts of the book leaked that she and Matt Lauer no longer speak and that she was shocked and appalled by his behavior when she learned about it. Apparently, Page Six ran with some stories that she initially supported Lauer when the allegations first broke.
An actress, Raeden Greer, has accused director Cary Joji Fukunaga of firing her after she refused to do a topless scene in True Detective, despite the fact that she didn’t have nudity in her rider.
WarnerMedia has seen some modest growth in the representation of women and people of color both in front of and behind the camera. (More in behind-the-camera roles, for what it’s worth.)
The BBC is overhauling its guidelines for dealing with sexual harassment and bullying. Better late than never.
- Family Reunion has been renewed for a third and final season on Netflix.
- Blood Sugar, a series starring and produced by Betty Gilpin, is in development at HBO.
- History of the World, Part II, a series sequel to the 1981 Mel Brooks movie, History of the World, Part I, has been ordered at Hulu.
- XO, Kitty, a spinoff of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, has been ordered at Netflix.
- Children Ruin Everything has been ordered at Roku.
- Good With Wood has been ordered at Discovery+
- A Banquet for Hungry Ghosts is being adapted into an animated anthology series.
- Mel Gibson is going to star in The Continental, the John Wick prequel on Starz. Welp.
- Corbin Bernsen is joining the cast of the L.A. Law reboot at ABC.
- Blair Underwood has joined the cast of Three Women on Showtime.
- Matt Walsh is joining Ghosts on CBS.
- Abbie Cornish is returning to Jack Ryan on Amazon.
- Mia Sinclair Jenness has joined the cast of Arcane on Netflix.
- Beanie Feldstein, Michaela Jaé Rodriguez, Kat Dennings, Jameela Jamil, and Lolly Adefope will star in Girls Can’t Shoot (& Other Lies), an anthology series.
- Meena Rayann, Jack Mullarkey, and Richard Clothier have joined Warrior Nun on Netflix.
- Aml Ameen, CCH Pounder, Michael Potts, Bill Irwin, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Gus Halper, Johnny Ramey, Carra Patterson, and Adrienne Warren have joined the cast of Rustin on Netflix.
- Diany Rodriguez has joined the cast of Law & Order: SVU on NBC.
- Keith Powers, Brianne Tju, and Chase Stokes will star in Uglies on Netflix.
Mark Your Calendars
- Ozark will return on Netflix on January 21.
- The Great returns on Hulu on November 19.
- Cowboy Bebop will debut on Netflix on November 19.
- Being the Ricardos will debut on December 10 in theaters and on December 21 on Amazon.
- The Lost Daughter will premiere in theaters on December 17 and on Netflix on December 31.
- Mayor Pete will debut on Amazon on November 12.
- Vice will return on Showtime on November 14.
- Great White will premiere on Shudder on November 18.
- Tear Along the Dotted Line will premiere on Netflix on November 17.
- Marvel’s Hit-Monkey will premiere on Hulu on November 17.
- Dear Earth will premiere on YouTube on October 23.
- Destination Fear will return on Travel and Discovery+ on November 6.
- 90 Day Fiance: Before the 90 Days will premiere on Discovery+ on December 12.
- 2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will air on HBO on November 20.
- Space Titans will premiere on Discovery+ on November 4.
- Highway to Heaven will debut on Lifetime on November 6.
- Soul Train Awards will air on BET on November 20.
Trevor Jones, Former Millionaire Matchmaker and The Profit contestant
The Bachelorette: Oh god, we’re doing this again already. Season premiere. 7 p.m., ABC
Queens: A girl group reunites twenty years later in this new series that is NOT Girls5Eva. Series premiere. 9 p.m., ABC
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Nick Offerman, Charlamagne Tha God
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Hailee Steinfeld, Lee Pace, Coldplay
- The Daily Show: Alex Wagner
- Watch What Happens Live: James Kennedy, Raquel Leviss
|FBI: Most Wanted
|Our Kind of People