We only rate dogs. This is clearly a little airplane awaiting clearance for takeoff. Please send dogs only. Thank you… 12/10 pic.twitter.com/3DT7g2X6bx
— WeRateDogs® (@dog_rates) September 7, 2021
All Other TV News
Today is the 25th anniversary of Blue’s Clues, and the hosts all got together to sing you a song:
This is adorable and all, but the real kick in the pants is this: a message and apology from original host Steve to all the former viewers for leaving the show so abruptly:
— Nick Jr. (@nickjr) September 7, 2021
Y’ALL, I WAS A FULL GROWN-ASS ADULT WHEN THIS SHOW PREMIERED, NOT A CHILD, AND THIS STILL GOT ME ALL UP IN MY FEELINGS.
I’m not the only one, either:
Therapist: “How are you this week?”
Me: “Steve came back to Blues Clues and now I’m an emotional wreck.”
Therapist: *Pulls out handy dandy notebook* https://t.co/5v1ZgIjXjv
— Connor Dunning (@CDunning929) September 7, 2021
steve from blues clues coming to heal a generation of abandonment issues huh pic.twitter.com/1mTcjRRPbr
— SSG Widow (@WidowOnTwitch) September 8, 2021
— Davie Ray (@Quartzalcoatl) September 7, 2021
I didn’t even know I needed Blues Clues closure until now. https://t.co/UJGnnto11i
— Virginia’s Very Own (@Dvrryl2times) September 7, 2021
Not Steve being proud of me 😭😭 pic.twitter.com/dEAVmzmZ7N
— Bri ✨ (@storymodebae) September 7, 2021
Me: Parasocial relationships can be extremely problematic.
Steve from Blues Clues tells me he's proud of me: pic.twitter.com/fiCy5GNuGN
— Deej Storer (@DnDeej) September 7, 2021
Was not expecting to open twitter hear some of the stuff I've needed to hear for years now from Steve from Blue Clues but here I am and I'm crying pic.twitter.com/mwoub2trZW
— Chibs 🌙 Lost Judgment and WPS anime hype (@little_chibs) September 7, 2021
Blues Clues Steve is proud of me and says i still look good so you can't tell me SHIT for the rest of the week
— Lil Nas Ash (@adashtra) September 7, 2021
"It's been student loans, jobs and families."
"And some of it, has been kind of hard." pic.twitter.com/Lz0FGuMM8P
— Chief Mister of Mischief (@JusticeRhino) September 8, 2021
We just got a letter! We just got letter! We just got a letter, I wonder who's it from?
…… NAVIENT!?! pic.twitter.com/Q3d1iX9y1z
— 🎼 Wes (@Wes_HarpFelt) September 7, 2021
There are a lot of people out there who are VERY MAD at Mulaney for impregnating Munn (while he was still married to his wife, Anna, if the math is correct). I have to admit, I found myself harboring some disappointment towards him, myself. But the truth is, none of us know anything about anyone else’s relationship, no matter how perfect it might seem from the outside. And so with that in mind, I send them nothing but good wishes and hope that he stays healthy.
Some very good news:
Back to work on Better Call Saul! So happy to be here and living this specific life surrounded by such good people. BTW this is makeup pro Cheri Montesanto making me not ugly for shooting! pic.twitter.com/lTAfPg7dDp
— Mr. Bob Odenkirk (@mrbobodenkirk) September 8, 2021
Some unfortunate news: Stephen Colbert has grown a mustache.
Is Regé-Jean Page going to make a cameo in season two of Bridgerton? Yes, probably, obviously.
About Evil‘s sex goo … (spoilers if you’re not caught up with season two).
Lisa Rinna’s daughter (20) is no longer dating Kourtney Kardashian’s ex (38) and we are all very relieved.
So, yes, it looks like there has been a decrease in the number of cases since last week, but do remember, these numbers are from a long weekend. If the numbers continue to go down for the next two weeks, we might be able to consider it a trend, but it’s too early to get hopeful. And leaving that aside, there is absolutely nothing to celebrate about the fact that we are back up to 1,500 deaths a day. Horrifying.
1 in 75 Tennesseans has COVID right now. ONE IN SEVENTY-FIVE.
The good news is that we are back to nearly 1,000,000 doses of vaccine being administered a day. Here in Harris County, we FINALLY have 50% of our entire population vaccinated (it had been hovering at around 46% for the last couple of months) which includes children who aren’t eligible for the vaccine.
The bad news is that as of five days ago, Texas has recorded 50,000 pediatric cases in the past couple of weeks, and 59 deaths, the most in the country. But tell me more about our Governor’s pro-life, “saving babies” stance.
Texas schools have amassed more than 50,000 confirmed coronavirus cases in students in just a couple of weeks. The state is a leader in child deaths from COVID-19 with 59 as of Sept. 3. | via @TPRNews https://t.co/9ZoCzW6pb4
— Houston Public Media (@HoustonPubMedia) September 3, 2021
People are still acting like fools, despite all this death and suffering.
Take This: Tempers flare and fists fly over a school mask mandate in Florida’s Lee County. @donlemon has the shocking video from inside and outside the school board meeting. Watch: pic.twitter.com/n38kxLhXbZ
— Don Lemon Tonight (@DonLemonTonight) September 1, 2021
Aaaand she’s a nurse. Whew. https://t.co/Ex3OeBIuaH
— Soledad O'Brien (@soledadobrien) August 31, 2021
There are a lot of images I'll remember from this era, but "Karen holding a 'let our kids smile' sign while laughing at a kid talking about his dead grandmother" is pretty close to the top of the list. https://t.co/sVClbuyeZ9
— Ben Hunt (@EpsilonTheory) September 8, 2021
Police and prison guards have some of the highest rates of COVID of any profession, and the police unions are actively fighting vaccine mandates across the country. It’s leading to more cops dying of COVID than anything else.
That dipshit Joe Rogan has recovered from his COVID diagnosis after testing positive last week. And I am not wishing that he had become sicker, but I do know this will just lead to more idiots taking horse paste and shitting their pants in the grocery store instead of getting the PERFECTLY SAFE VACCINE.
Mandates need to be happening for every production. People's health is on the line in addition to a lot of money. And let's be real: Miles Teller is very replaceable. You could swap him out for Dave Franco and it would arguably be an upgrade. https://t.co/7zNg0w00Jm
— Alan Sarapa (@AlanSarapa) September 3, 2021
JK Simmons beat up Miles Teller again challenge https://t.co/7auXJWYn2c
— Daryl Bartley (seeking gfx/vfx work) (@hypercubexl) September 3, 2021
Tom Brady caught COVID at the post-Super Bowl party last February.
Johnny Bench caught COVID and had to miss the Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
At least five anti-vaxx radio hosts died of COVID in August. And right now, a Florida councilman who spread disinformation about the virus is hospitalized with COVID. And the unvaccinated guy who organized the recall effort against Gavin Newsom also has COVID. Too bad.
I hate when I agree with Seth MacFarlane.
Recently on Fox News, Tucker Carlson has defended counterfeit vaccine cards, compared mask and vaccine mandates to “my body, my choice”, and suggested those working to stop Covid should be “punished severely.”
Oh also, Peter Griffin can’t say “goddamn.”
— Seth MacFarlane (@SethMacFarlane) September 5, 2021
- Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas has been ordered at Roku.
- Marie Antoinette, an eight-part drama, is in the works at Canal+.
- Jimmie Allen, Mel C, Christine Chiu, Melora Hardin, Olivia Jade, Matt James, Amanda Kloots, Suni Lee, Mike “The Miz” Mizanin, Kenya Moore, Cody Rigsby, Brian Austin Green, JoJo Siwa, and Iman Shumpert are this season’s contestants on Dancing with the Stars on ABC.
- Trace Adkins, Susan Sarandon, and Anna Friel will star in Monarch on Fox.
- Abigail Spencer is returning to Grey’s Anatomy on ABC.
- Matt Bomer will star in Fellow Travelers on Showtime.
- Jessica Pimentel has joined Olga Dies Dreaming on Hulu.
- Andrew Lees and Zoe Cipres are joining Roswell, New Mexico on The CW.
- Janel Parrish and Ryan Paevey will star in Coyote Christmas on Hallmark Channel.
- Michael Socha, Sophie McShera, and Anthony Welsh have been cast in The Gallows Pole on BBC.
Mark Your Calendars
- Don’t Look Up will debut on Netflix on December 24. And you really need to see this cast:
- The Matrix Resurrections will stream on HBO Max this December. The full trailer will come out tomorrow (small brag: I’ve already seen it, and I can’t disclose how, but it’s great fun) but until then, check out this site: thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com
- Janet will premiere on Lifetime in January.
- Justin Bieber: Our World will premiere on Amazon on October 8.
- Grey’s Anatomy and Station 19‘s crossover will take place on September 30.
- Discovering David Dobrik will premiere on Discovery+ soon.
- Baking Impossible will premiere on Netflix on October 6.
- No One Gets Out Alive will debut on Netflix on September 29.
- The Chestnut Man will debut on Netflix on September 29.
- Prey will premiere on Netflix on September 10.
- Squid Game will debut on Netflix on September 17.
- Disney+’s Hallowstream will begin on September 24.
- On My Block returns on Netflix on October 4.
- Fever Dream will premiere on Netflix on October 13.
- Hypnotic will debut on Netflix on October 27.
- The Nate & Jeremiah Home Project will premiere on HGTV on October 5.
- Netflix has released their dates for “Netflix and Chills” (some trailers above).
- Wolfboy and the Everything Factory will premiere on Apple TV on September 24; Get Rolling With Otis on October 8; Puppy Place on October 15.
Linda Kahn, Kids TV executive and former board member of New York Women in Film & Television
Francesco “Nino” Castelnuovo, Italian actor
Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.: It’s Doogie Howser, but a lady teen doctor, and in Hawaii. Series premiere. Disney+
The Circle: This is back. Season premiere. Netflix
Women of 9/11: A look at all the female first responders who risked their lives on that terrible day. 8 p.m., ABC
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Pete Davidson, Meredith Hagner, Baby Keem
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Selena Gomez, Glenn Howerton, Walker Hayes
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Chris Wallace, Holland Taylor
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Ron Funches, Justin Quiles
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Drew Barrymore, Sebastian Maniscalco, Rufus Wainwright
- Watch What Happens Live: Eileen Davidson, Camille Grammer-Meyer
|ABC||Press Your Luck
|Women of 9/11
|House Calls with Dr. Phil
|In the Dark
|NBC||America’s Got Talent
|Family Game Fight!