Hi! It’s Wednesday!
Enjoy this short story (sound on):
Hoo boy, has it been a 24 hours.
Attorney General Bill Barr, and President Tyrant’s best lackey, told the Associated Press that he has “not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election.” You can imagine how well this was received in the bowels of Trumpworld: Bill Barr — THE MAN WHO SHUT DOWN THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION — is now being called a member of the “Deep State.”
Watching trumpworld turn on Bill Barr who ruined himself for trump is really something— Molly Jong-Fast🏡 (@MollyJongFast) December 2, 2020
Trump campaign now going after AG Barr.— Yamiche Alcindor (@Yamiche) December 1, 2020
Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis say this: "With all due respect to the Attorney General, there hasn’t been any semblance of a Department of Justice investigation." pic.twitter.com/XVK6WImdvX
There was a Michigan election fraud hearing yesterday, and I strongly encourage you to enjoy the entire thread below for a good laugh. Basically, the best evidence they have there was fraud is “it was hot in the vote-counting room” and “rhinestone BLM masks”:
*extreme* Parks And Rec town hall episode energy at this MI state hearing on election fraud accusations https://t.co/v4fJx9pzg2— Actually, (@eaton) December 2, 2020
Sufficient number of people have asked me if its real or what. pic.twitter.com/8G1b2mG0GP— Sandwich Breathe (@TepidButterASMR) December 2, 2020
And as the runway to steal this election runs out, the lunatic fringe that President Maniac surrounds himself with are becoming fringier — somehow.
Lin Wood, a lawyer working to flip the election, has called for martial law:
Lin Wood, an attorney at the forefront of the Trump world push against the election results, is now calling on Trump to declare martial law pic.twitter.com/anvQwhQAFP— Jared Holt (@jaredlholt) December 1, 2020
Sidney “The Kraken” Powell is calling for the electoral college vote and Biden’s inauguration to be “cancelled.”
Sidney Powell, until recently one of President Trump’s lawyers, shared with her followers a request that Trump cancel the election he just lost, cancel Biden’s inauguration and instituted a “military commission” to investigate everything. pic.twitter.com/jJg0W0Hda9— Brad Heath (@bradheath) December 1, 2020
Mike Flynn literally called for the Constitution to be suspended:
Big pro-authoritarian energy in Trumpland today:— Brad Heath (@bradheath) December 2, 2020
The president's (recently pardoned) former national security adviser, Mike Flynn, shared a message encouraging President Trump to "temporarily suspend the Constitution," impose martial law and "silence the destructive media." pic.twitter.com/cQh0wl7oWw
And another President House on Fire lawyer, Joe diGenova, called for Chris Krebs, the former head of CISA to be “drawn and quartered” and “shot.”
“Anybody who thinks the election went well, like that idiot Krebs who used to be the head of cybersecurity [for Trump]. That guy is a class A moron. He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot,” Trump lawyer Joe diGenova https://t.co/duOWzy0HHy— Tim Miller (@Timodc) November 30, 2020
This obviously is not just insane rhetoric, but it’s also incredibly dangerous and people who are just doing their jobs and ensuring the security of this election are receiving death threats.
Gabriel Sterling, a Republican and Georgia’s voting system implementation manager, held a press conference yesterday, demanding that President Treason and Georgia senators Loeffler and Perdue condemn these violent actions. Please watch:
This is worth the watch in full pic.twitter.com/s2YzRKgJq5— Shane Goldmacher (@ShaneGoldmacher) December 2, 2020
And then yesterday, a story broke that the Department of Justice is investigating a pay-for-pardons bribery scheme, according to some court documents that were unsealed by a judge yesterday. Now, the documents are HEAVILY redacted, so we basically know nothing about this case, including whether or not President Dingaling and/or those close to him were directly involved, or who tried to bribe the White House, but stay tuned. Frankly, this might be the single least-surprising thing to happen during this administration, because everything President Art of the Deal does is transactional. Also? This doesn’t scream innocent:
Pardon investigation is Fake News!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 2, 2020
This story comes on the heels of one suggesting that President Felony is considering pardoning Rudy Giuliani, his paste-eating children, and even himself. Which, again, is definitely gross, but comes as absolutely no fucking surprise. Of course, this begs the question: what federal crimes did this clown car commit that they would need these preemptive pardons? And then there’s a question as to whether or not he can pardon himself which remains an untested one and the subject of a ton of debate among Constitutional scholars. (FoolishWatcher’s own legal counsel is pretty sure he can’t pardon himself, but won’t promise anything.)
Now, he can’t pardon himself or anyone else for state or local crimes, which is why I light a prayer candle devoted to New York State Attorney General Letitia James. (But, if I’m being completely honest with myself and now with you, dear reader, I don’t actually hold a lot of hope for seeing him [or his fail children or Rudy] ever arrested, especially if he goes through with his threat to run for President again. He would howl that any criminal prosecution was political retribution, and he has millions of followers who would see it as just that, no matter what horrible crimes he had committed. It ain’t fair, but if the past four years have taught me anything, it’s that life isn’t fair and this country is a FUCKING MESS.)
49 more days.
The United Kingdom has approved the Pfizer vaccine and will begin rolling it out next week. This is great news, and the first concrete step towards bringing this nightmare to an end.
And over on this side of the pond, the CDC is making their own suggestions for when vaccines become available (despite the White House’s refusal to offer guidance to the States):
Before COVID-19 vaccines are authorized, a CDC advisory committee recommended healthcare personnel and long-term care facility residents should receive #COVID19 vaccination first, while supplies are limited. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines: https://t.co/mUsXpasZ4S. pic.twitter.com/tWdHiKqSbh— CDC (@CDCgov) December 1, 2020
However, we have to get through this winter and it’s going to be bad:
CDC DIRECTOR REDFIELD: "December, January and February are going to be rough times. I actually believe they're going to be the most difficult in the public health history of this nation."@CDCDirector— Carl Quintanilla (@carlquintanilla) December 2, 2020
(via @megtirrell @CNBC)
AND GREAT NEWS, GUYS: Apparently, we can cure ourselves by wearing magic amulets and visiting Stonehenge. (To be fair, this would actually work if while you were visiting Stonehenge and wearing your magic amulet, you picked up one of those U.K. vaccines.)
Hey, musical theater nerds: Dr. Fauci says that with widespread vaccine use, Broadway could reopen by next fall.
Rosie Perez contracted COVID-19 while shooting The Flight Attendant back in December.
Ryan Gallagher was cut from The Voice after he violated the show’s COVID-19 protocols. No further explanation was given, but it should have been.
The Daytime Emmys is going to remain virtual next year, vaccine or no vaccine, and you know what? Why not. It probably was a money-saver for an event that is losing money every year.
All American is not going to write the pandemic into its story this season, but don’t be expecting any more big high school party scenes.
All Other TV News
So proud of our superhero! WE LOVE YOU ELLIOT! Can't wait to see you return in season 3! 🎻 🖤— Netflix (@netflix) December 1, 2020
Discovery (Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, and HGTV) is going to get into the streaming platform business with Discovery +, which, I mean, of course they are. I know it feels like there are too many streamers, but honestly, this is the future of television. It’s a matter of time before cable ends, so networks need to find some way to survive in a streaming world. Look for A&E networks (A&E, History, Lifetime, FYI, Vice) to do this soon, too.
James O’Keefe, the lunatic behind Project Veritas, crashed a CNN editorial call, and now the cops are getting involved. Why isn’t this idiot already in prison?
Stephen Colbert has vertigo. Be careful, Stephen Colbert!
- Masked Singer has been renewed at Fox for a fifth season.
- Stowaway, a sci-fi thriller starring Anna Kendrick, Toni Collette, Daniel Dae Kim, and Shamier Anderson, has been bought by Netflix.
- God’s Favorite Idiot, a comedy series from Melissa McCarthy and Ben Falcone, has been ordered at Netflix.
- A comedy about an all-Black detective agency is in development at HBO Max.
- Acapulco, a comedy inspired by How to Be A Latin Lover, has been ordered at AppleTV+.
- Meshed, a sci-fi sports drama (????), is being developed as a series.
- The Middle is now available to stream on HBO Max.
- Charlize Theron has signed a first-look deal with HBO and HBO Max.
- Ken Jeong and Joel McHale will be the new hosts of Fox’s New Year’s Eve special.
- Helen Hunt, Benjamin Earl Turner, Atticus Woodward, Jaylen Barron, Candace Nicholas-Lippman have been cast in Blindspotting on Starz.
- David Ramsey will return as John Diggle in five Arrowverse episodes on The CW, and in a “mystery role” on Legends of Tomorrow.
- Amanda Kloots and Elaine Welteroth are joining The Talk as hosts.
- Armie Hammer will star in The Offer on Paramount Plus.
- Jada Pinkett Smith will star in Redd Zone on Netflix.
- Camille Sullivan, Chad Willett, and Patrick Gallagher are joining Big Sky on ABC.
Mark Your Calendars
- The Ravens-Steelers game that was originally scheduled for Thanksgiving will be played today on NBC at 2:40 p.m.
- Jake Tapper’s The Lead will air the first joint interview with President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris since the election tomorrow on CNN.
- Vikings’ final episodes will stream on Amazon on December 30 before airing on the History Channel.
- Gordon Ramsay’s American Road Trip will debut on Fox on January 5.
- Nancy Drew returns on The CW on January 20.
- Run the World premieres on Starz soon.
- Home for Christmas returns on Netflix on December 18.
- Homeschool Musical: Class of 2020 will premiere on HBO Max on December 17.
- Song Exploder: Vol. 2 will premiere on Netflix on December 15.
- Little Women: Atlanta returns on Lifetime on January 22.
- How to Ruin Christmas: The Wedding will premiere on Netflix on December 16.
- Escena en Blanco y Negro debuts on Amazon on December 15.
- PBS American Portrait will debut on PBS on January 5.
- Under the Grapefruit Tree: The CC Sabathia Story will debut on HBO on December 22.
- A Little Late With Lilly Singh returns on NBC on January 2.
- Horizon Line will debut on Epix on January 12.
Pat Patterson, WWE Hall of Famer and first openly gay wrestling superstar
The 88th Annual Christmas in Rockefeller Center: TURN ON THE TREE. WE NEED THE TREE. 7 p.m., NBC
Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes: MORE KICKING. 9 p.m., NBC
Baby God: A documentary about fertility doctor Dr. Quincy Fortier who used his own sperm to impregnate his patients without their knowledge. 8 p.m., HBO
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Jamie Dornan, Joe Manganiello, Phoebe Bridgers
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Kate Winslet, Michael Eric Dyson
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Bad Bunny
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: George Clooney, Amanda Seyfried, Tones and I
- The Daily Show: The Daily Social Distancing Show
- Watch What Happens Live: Kelly Dodd, Whitney Rose
|CBS||The Amazing Race
|FOX||The Masked Singer
|NBC||88th Annual Christmas in Rockefeller Center
|Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes