It’s Tuesday and we are FOUR WEEKS from Election Day, and ONE WEEK from early voting here in Texas. I hope you’re registered and ready; the next step is to make a plan to vote.
Assuming the Texas GOP ratfuckers don’t succeed in pushing early voting back to October 19, here are the locations in Harris County where you can early vote. Also, we will have drive-through voting in these locations, and 24-hour voting on October 29 in these locations.
If you’re not in Harris County, check for your early voting locations on your county’s site, or here on the Texas Secretary of State’s site — which won’t give you any information until October 11 because, you know, ratfuckers.
As for the rest of you: vote.org is as good a resource as any. Make a plan, kids!
And now cuteness: Lift for a surprise!
Welp, he did it.President Pneumonia turned both his contracting COVID-19 through his negligence and ignorance and his leaving Walter Reed Hospital early into a campaign ad. You can find it online if you need to, but I’m not going to embed it here because I don’t want to give this fascist free publicity for his nonsense.
I still have the lung power and I wore less makeup. This revival is closing November 3rd. pic.twitter.com/vRQ4LepACv— Patti LuPone (@PattiLuPone) October 6, 2020
What I will say is he repeated his bullshit of telling people to not let the virus “dominate [their] lives,” which is not only dangerous, it’s insulting to the 215,000 Americans who have died from this virus and their loved ones.
I’ll let Nick Cordero’s widow take this one:
View this post on Instagram
To all the over 208,000 Americans who lost loved ones to this virus – I stand by you, with you, holding your hand. Unfortunately it did dominate our lives didn’t it? It dominated Nick’s family’s lives and my family’s lives. I guess we “let it” – like it was our choice?? Unfortunately not everyone is lucky enough to spend two days in the hospital. I cried next to my husband for 95 days watching what COVID did to the person I love. It IS something to be afraid of. After you see the person you love the most die from this disease you would never say what this tweet says. There is no empathy to all the lives lost. He is bragging instead. It is sad. It is hurtful. It is disgraceful.
“Don’t be afraid of Covid” he dares say to those of us who have lost loved ones to Covid. This man is evil. https://t.co/Ap2dlviXz4— Ava DuVernay (@ava) October 5, 2020
The president of the United States just tweeted “Don’t be afraid of Covid” after being hospitalized, forced to take supplemental oxygen and pumped full of experimental drugs. That’s his message to families of 210,000 dead and counting.— Beau Willimon (@BeauWillimon) October 5, 2020
Don’t be afraid of Covid?!— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) October 5, 2020
You’ve been under round-the-clock care by the best doctors using the best drugs. Do you really think everyone has access to that?!
Sadly, I’m sure you’re aware of that disparity, you just don’t care
This is reckless to a shocking degree, even for you https://t.co/H8CGlD9DcZ
And don’t let the glossy video editing fool you, President Covita (I wish I came up with that, but alas, did not) wasn’t as robust as he and his cult pretended to be:
Trump appears to be wincing in pain while he breathes pic.twitter.com/YKhGhu0VN0— Brennan Murphy (@brenonade) October 5, 2020
Also, note that this bitch takes off his mask before going back inside the White House to contaminate that space and spread his disease to any unfortunate staffers who may be nearby. And that’s not a small deal: apparently White House staffers are freaking out, and can you blame them?
- “It’s insane that he would return to the White House and jeopardize his staff’s health when we are still learning of new cases among senior staff. This place is a cesspool.”
- “He was so concerned with preventing embarrassing stories that he exposed thousands of his own staff and supporters to a deadly virus. He has kept us in the dark, and now our spouses and kids have to pay the price. It’s just selfish.”
And the number of people who are in President Superspreader’s orbit who are becoming infected continues to spread. Since my post yesterday, the following people have tested positive:
Karoline Leavitt, Assistant Press Secretary
Charles W. Ray, U.S. Coast Guard Admiral
- Greg Laurie, Pastor
- Michael D. Shear, New York Times correspondent
- Al Drago, Photojournalist
- An unnamed military aide
And that’s not counting God only knows who else from the rally he held in Minnesota and the fundraiser he attended in New Jersey, or even at the Rose Garden event, which the White House has refused to contact trace. HUH. WONDER WHY.
Wear a mask. pic.twitter.com/TSuLuzAXEB— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) October 6, 2020
So then, this morning he tweeted out some nonsense comparing the virus to the flu (while lying about how many Americans the flu kills every year), and what could have been a responsible message about getting a flu shot ended up being another tweet that had to be marked as misleading and harmful by Twitter and Facebook.
Meanwhile, Mike Pence’s team is requesting that his side of the desk not be plexiglassed during tomorrow’s debate with Kamala Harris. Which, you know, pretty much sums up everything wrong with this goddamned administration: MIKE PENCE SHOULDN’T EVEN BE LEAVING THE OLD EXECUTIVE OFFICE RIGHT NOW SINCE HE’S IN THE CENTER OF A SUPERSPREADER EVENT, BUT THIS LITTLE WHINY PILE OF MAYONNAISE IS REFUSING EVEN A BASIC SAFETY MEASURE BECAUSE HE’S WORRIED IT WILL UPSET THE METHED-UP LUNATIC IN THE WHITE HOUSE WHO THINKS IT MAKES HIM LOOK STRONG TO BE SICK.
And I wish we were done but we’re still not done because President I Need You To Do Me A Favor Though just announced he won’t sign off on another stimulus bill until after the election.
…request, and looking to the future of our Country. I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business. I have asked…— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 6, 2020
…also coming back in record numbers. We are leading the World in Economic Recovery, and THE BEST IS YET TO COME!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 6, 2020
Well, OK, I guess you own all the small businesses that close and all the jobs that are lost between now and November 3, you Velveeta-brained halfwit. This is on you. Thanks for making that loud and clear.
Oh, and is the “Stock Market at record levels?” He tweeted this at 2:48 p.m., CST.
And before I close this up, don’t let this little nugget slip your notice: the White House is still trying to rush a vaccine before Election Day, and are actively blocking new federal guidelines for the emergency release of one: “A main sticking point has been the recommendation that volunteers who have participated in vaccine clinical trials be followed for a median of two months after the final dose before any authorization is granted, according to a senior administration official and others familiar with the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Given where the clinical trials stand, that two-month follow-up period would all but preclude any emergency clearance before Election Day.”
They don’t care about your safety, they only care about the election. And if that means eroding the public’s trust in this — or any other vaccine, and the FDA and the CDC as institutions — so be it.
TIME NEEDS TO MOVE FASTER PLEASE.
Netflix canceled GLOW because of COVID-19, and I’m so bummed. The series had been renewed for a fourth season, and they were in the middle of filming it when the lockdown went into place. But because it’s a wrestling series, it’s kinda hard to socially distance and keep everyone safe. I get it, but it’s disappointing nevertheless.
No more GLOW. Sorry. Stinks.— marc maron (@marcmaron) October 5, 2020
We all would have waited 2, 3 years for a final season of #GLOW— Kirsten (@KirstenAcuna) October 5, 2020
American Idol is returning to production, though the scale will be different. Contestants will go to California for auditions instead of the show traveling around the country, for instance.
Watch What Happens Live! will return to the clubhouse next week.
The Morning Show will resume production on October 19.
The Saturday Night Live audience was paid for their time ($150 apiece), making them paid employees so the show could skirt the rule against live audiences.
Because the New England Patriots/Kansas City Chiefs game had to be pushed from Sunday to Monday thanks to players testing positive, the CBS premiere of One Day at a Time had to be pushed to next week.
Oh, hey, apparently Ye had the Rona.
Fox News correspondent Gillian Turner was also positive last month.
WELL, THIS WAS PREDICTABLE. Hope you weren’t planning on seeing any big blockbusters in the theaters this winter because it ain’t gonna happen. The film slate has been pushed back, again, and the big movies aren’t going to premiere until sometime next year — at the very earliest.
- No Time to Die will now open in April 2021.
- Dune has been pushed back to October 2021.
- The Batman will now open in March of 2022.
- Black Adam, Dwayne Johnson’s film was supposed to open in December, but no longer has a premiere dates.
- Monster Hunter is moving to December from April 2021, while Escape Room 2 has been pushed back into 2021.
- The Matrix is actually moving up to December 2021, after originally being slated for April 2022.
Additionally, the Oscars are being pushed back to April this year, which … what will even be eligible for nomination at this point?
New York City had to shut schools back down in some hotspots. It’s going to be a long fall and winter, kids.
Kris Jenner is being sued by her former security guard for sexual harassment, racial and gender discrimination, and wrongful termination.
And for a refreshing change of pace, a story about a good man standing up for a woman, taking a pay cut so that she could be paid what she was worth. Chadwick Boseman was a really good person.
All Other TV News
Here’s a bunch of Bachelorette stuff — it premieres one week from today, and my box wine stores are not replenished.
Here is a list of all the women who were considered for The Bachelorette, but just didn’t have “it.” I would have watched THE HELL out of a Demi season, y’all — ESPECIALLY if it were filled with both male and female contestants. Think about it, ABC.
Oh look, here’s Chris Harrison saying absolutely nothing about this season of The Bachelorette, but, for some reason, shilling for Kelly Blue Book? LOL, OK.
Former Bachelorette contestant, and shoulda been Bachelor, Mike Johnson has written an autobiography where he opens up being sexually abused as a child.
Top Chef fans might find this piece about the evolution of the show interesting.
I wasn’t going to include this piece on Dorinda Medley talking to Bethenny Frankel about why she left The Real Housewives of New York City, but then I read this line: “Bethenny agrees, explaining that on the show, ‘You get in over your skeeze.'” LOL, NOPE. The expression is “[out] over your skis,” not SKEEZE, although that is quite an image.
- Teenage Bounty Hunters was also canceled by Netflix after only one season, but I don’t think it had anything to do with COVID. It’s a surprising decision: the series landed in the streaming top ten list the week it debuted, and it received tons of critical praise. (I LOVED IT.) The only thing I see is that it is produced by Jenji Kohan, and I wonder if this has something to do with the cancelation of her other show, GLOW. VERY ANGRY ABOUT THIS.
- Valley Of the Gods, a drama from the creator of How to Get Away With Murder, is in development at ABC.
- A drama series based on the creation of Essence Magazine is being developed at HBO Max.
- Fiasco, a docuseries based on the podcast of the same name, has been ordered at EPIX.
- Wraith, a film of the novel of the same name, has been ordered at Netflix.
- The Swarm has been bought by Netflix.
- Girl in the Basement has been greenlit at Lifetime.
- A documentary about WeWork has landed at Hulu.
- We Baby Bears is in the works at Cartoon Network.
- Ollie’s Odyssey is being adapted for Netflix.
- Temple Hill Productions has signed a first-look deal with Lionsgate Television.
- Paddy Considine has been cast as King Viserys in the Game of Thrones prequel, House of the Dragon.
- Chloë Grace Moretz will star in the Amazon series The Peripheral from Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy.
- Sterling K. Brown is your new Leo in the West Wing reunion.
- Evan Mock is joining the cast of the HBO Max Gossip Girl reboot.
- Eva Longoria, Gloria Estefan, and Ricky Martin will host Essential Heroes: A Momento Latino Event on CBS.
- Nikiva Dionne will guest on A Million Little Things on ABC.
- Sabrina Carpenter will star in and produce Alice on Netflix.
Mark Your Calendars
- Selena: The Series will premiere on Netflix on December 4.
- My Next Guest Needs No Introduction returns on Netflix on October 21.
- What the Constitution Means to Me will premiere on Amazon on October 16.
- The Pack will debut on Amazon Prime on November 20.
- Blood of Zeus will debut on Netflix on October 27.
- Rebuilding Paradise will premiere on National Geographic on November 8.
- Paranormal will debut on Netflix on November 5.
- Miley Cyrus Backyard Sessions will debut on MTV on October 13.
- Blackpink: Light Up the Sky will premiere on Netflix on October 14.
- Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller will premiere on National Geographic on December 2.
- Lennox Lewis: The Untold Story will premiere on Crackle on October 15.
- Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life will premiere on The CW on November 23.
- Bruce Springsteen’s Letter to You will debut on Apple TV+ on October 23.
- Struggle Gourmet and Made from Scratch will return on Fuse on October 13.
- Chrisley Knows Best and Miz and Mrs will return on USA on November 12.
Eddie Van Halen, Rock god
Clark Middleton, Actor in The Blacklist, Fringe, and Twin Peaks among many other credits
Chris Carnel, Stunt performer
neXt: John Slatterly stars in this new techno-thriller about the dangers of A.I. destroying humanity, and you know what? BRING IT. BRING THE DOOM, A.I. Series premiere. 8 p.m., Fox
Siempre, Luis: A documentary about Luis Miranda, New York politico, and padre to Lin-Manuel. Premiere. 8 p.m., HBO
Ellen’s Game of Games: Season premiere. 8 p.m., NBC
FBI: Declassified: To kill the time until FBI can return, enjoy this reality series about the FBI. It’s kinda the same thing, right? Premiere. 9 p.m., CBS
The Lie: Blumhouse Pictures have partnered with Amazon for four creepy movies to get you in the Halloween spirit. In this movie, two desperate parents cover up their daughter’s murder of her best friend. Amazon
Black Box: And in this Blumhouse film, a man who loses his wife and his memory in a car accident undergoes an experimental treatment that leaves him questioning everything. Amazon
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Lin-Manuel Miranda, Luis Miranda, Ruby Rose, the Highwomen
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Timothy Olyphant, Bob Woodward, BENEE
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Jerry Seinfeld, Ella Mai
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Whoopi Goldberg, Bishop Briggs
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Armie Hammer, Marlon Wayans, Jaden Smith
- The Daily Show: The Daily Social Distancing Show
- Watch What Happens Live: Maya Rudolph, Emily Spivey
|The FBI Declassified
|Whose Line Is It Anyway?
|FOX||Cosmos: Possible Worlds
|Ellen’s Game of Games