GIMME. GIMME NOW.
American Horror Story has released a bunch of weird teasers as it is wont to do. See more on their Instagram page.
I am so excited about this season, you guys, it’s not even reasonable.
Stranger Things 3 is going to be inspired, somehow, by Fletch, the movie that everyone but me loves. I KNOW, I KNOW, I’M WRONG AND DUMB but I just hate it, you guys.
Netflix is experimenting with commercials which is some BULLSHIT. NO THANK YOU, NETFLIX.
Jennifer Esposito says she has lost five jobs in the past month for not being “white enough” which is crazy and you people need to get your act together and hire Jennifer Esposito who is great.
Bane is headed to Gotham in the upcoming final season.
Dear Debby Ryan: In hindsight, the Friends fat suit has also been called problematic. Maybe don’t use that as your defense, sweetie.
TVLine makes a list of shows that should have ended after only one season and it’s kinda hard to argue with it.
Twin Peaks, the show that created obsessive TV fans (including yours truly — with no Twin Peaks, I doubt this blog would have ever been created).
Lauren Cohan explains that she’s leaving The Walking Dead because 8 years is enough, thank you very much. That, and she wasn’t getting paid the same as her male co-stars. Somehow that part of the equation got left out of this story.
Here io9 argues that the Game of Thrones prequel should take place during the Battle of the Dawn, which I’m pretty sure has already been confirmed will be when the prequel will take place? Am I crazy or has this already been established?
A chat with Game of Thrones‘ production designer — which would be SUCH A COOL JOB.
If you care about businessy things, this is how Netflix pays for all those huge deals with TV creators.
Uh, you guys? Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves are married and have been so for 25 years. Maybe.
Some Dumb Political News
Rudy Giuliani is very, very, very terrible at his job. I mean, just look at the faces he made Chuck Todd make.
As John Oliver points out, at this rate, Trump will soon behind bars with Giuliani assuring him that “prison isn’t prison:”
But leaving aside the hilarious insanity of “truth isn’t truth,” don’t let it slip your notice how dangerous and destructive such statements are. War is Peace. Slavery is Freedom. Ignorance is Strength. Truth isn’t truth.
Meanwhile, when President Dipshit wasn’t screaming into Twitter about Robert Mueller, Bruce Ohr, John Dean, The New York Times, John Brennan, or the fact that the White House Counsel cooperated with the investigation, he was bitching about social media clamping down on the likes of InfoWars, Gavin McInnes and Proud Boys for being dangerous hate-mongers. I mean, “conservative.”
Again, for the idiots in the back of the room — and in the White House — a private company has the right to determine who uses their platform, and banning certain people for violating their terms of service is not attacking their right to free speech.
Speaking of freedom of speech, ESPN has decided to stop airing the national anthem performance during NFL broadcasts.
AND YOU GUYS, A CBS POLLSTER JUST SAID THAT A BLUE WAVE IN NOVEMBER IS UNLIKELY. ON ELECTION DAY WE NEED TO TURN HIM INTO A DUMB IDIOT WHO GOT IT VERY WRONG.
In April, Asia Argento paid off a young actor whom she sexually assaulted. Argento was one of Harvey Weinstein’s first public accusers and helped set off the #MeToo movement, and so to learn she raped a 17-year-old is an unfortunate plot twist, to say the least.
In a genre that thrives on controversy, casting reality shows in the era of #MeToo is … complicated.
Stop talking, Chelsea Handler. You’re not helping, Chelsea Handler.
- The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale and The Break with Michelle Wolf have both been cancelled by Netflix, goddammit. I suppose timely shows don’t work on streaming platforms BUT I AM STILL VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS.
- MTV might be threatening a The Hills reunion.
- The Light is being developed by Hulu and Channel 4.
- Chocolate Wars is being turned into a TV series.
- Ken Jeong and Carl Weathers will guest on Magnum P.I.
- Inbar Levi has been cast as Eve on Lucifer.
- Jillian Bell, Rob Corddry, Jon Cryer, Rhys Darby, Donald Faison, Lucy Hale, Tom Lennon, Ken Marino, Tim Matheson, Joel McHale, Tim Meadows, Stephen Merchant, Ben Schwartz, Dax Shepard, Jessica St Clair, Pete Wentz, and Samira Wiley will guest star on Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television.
- Mike Tirico is replacing Dan Scorvino on Football Night in America.
- Krista Marie Yu is joining Last Man Standing.
- Reggie Lee is joining NCIS: New Orleans.
- Samathan Sloyan is joining SEAL Team.
- Nina Sosanya, Julian Barratt and Edward Bluemel are joining Killing Eve.
Mark Your Calendar
- Outlaw King will debut on Netflix on November 9.
- Atypical returns on Netflix on September 7.
- Coop & Cami Ask the World will debut on Disney on October 12.
Miriam Nelson, Choreographer
Simonne Samantha Kerr, Finalist on Britain’s Got Talent
Bachelor in Paradise: Ugh. The Tia/Colton drama continues. 7 p.m., ABC
2018 MTV VMAs: Just give “This is America” all of the prizes and call it a night. 8 p.m., MTV (preshow begins at 7 p.m.)
Carpool Karaoke: When Corden Met McCartney Live from Liverpool: An hour-long version of the Paul McCartney “Carpool Karaoke” from a couple of months ago. 7 p.m., CBS
Rebels on Pointe: A documentary about Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo, the drag ballet company founded in the aftermath of the Stonewall riots. 8 p.m., Starz
Late Night: Conan: Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Jimmy O. Yang, Emmy Blotnick
|ABC||Bachelor in Paradise
|Man with a Plan
|CW||Penn & Teller: Fool Us
|Whose Line is it Anyway?
|Whose Line is it Anyway?
|FOX||So You Think You Can Dance
|NBC||American Ninja Warrior