Who could have guessed that an angry Fox News screaming head wouldn’t seamlessly transition to toothless network morning news fluff? Megyn Kelly has had an eventful first week on Megyn Kelly Today. In her first episode, she suggested that Will & Grace turned a fan gay. In her second episode, she tried to dodge a question about the NFL kneeing controversy by saying that she doesn’t go to sportsball events and then mumbling something about the first amendment. And then yesterday, in her third episode, she asked Jane Fonda about her plastic surgery. Which no! FOR SO MANY OBVIOUS FUCKING REASONS, NO. Jane Fonda was not amused — you have to watch the clip below.
DRAG HER, JANE FONDA.
How is Megyn going to round out the week? Setting a guest on fire? Pantsing an audience member? She has two more days, so she could do both…
Megyn Kelly Today beat Live with Kelly and Ryan on Monday, mostly because people are going to be curious about the new girl. Since then, she’s been shedding viewers. But with these shenanigans she might just win people back interested in witnessing the next trainwreck.
First of all, what kind of dumb question is “why hasn’t your show changed?” Because it works? Uh duh? But second of all, the reason Curb Your Enthusiasm hasn’t changed is because Larry David doesn’t change, he doesn’t evolve, THAT’S THE POINT.
John Legend would like to revive Underground, please. AMC? FX? USA? Amazon, Hulu, Netflix? Any of y’all listening?
Whoa, wait, Nick said “fuck” on Fear the Walking Dead this week? I didn’t even notice. So place your bets on who will say the first “fuck” on The Walking Dead: it’ll probably be Negan, but I wish it would be Carol.
Even HBO doesn’t know if Viserion is breathing ice or fire. I mean, it looks like blue flame to me but what do I know?
Jeffrey Dean Morgan would like to return to Supernatural. DO YOU HEAR THAT, SUPERNATURAL? MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Justin Timberlake would like to return to the Super Bowl. DO YOU HEAR THAT, SUPER BOWL? MAKE IT HAPPEN.
“How is Meredith Grey still alive?” That’s what you’re going to ask? HOW IS GREY’S ANATOMY STILL ALIVE? There, I fixed your headline for you.
This is technically a Casting story, but it has some interesting implications for Designated Survivor, so. Apparently, Natascha McElhone has been cast in The First, the Sean Penn Hulu series from Beau Willimon, and is leaving Designated Survivor after this season to take the role. So is Designated Survivor going to kill off the First Lady? And, more importantly, will they explain her death with a quick joke about coupons?
Is one of the Fuller House kids a Trump supporter: an investigation.
Go on with your bad self, Norman Lear.
- It’s not technically a “renewal” but Young Sheldon will receive a full season at CBS.
- Spike has cancelled The Mist after one season. Spike is rebranding in January as Paramount Television, so this isn’t entirely surprising.
- Scanners is being turned into a series (although this isn’t the first time they’ve tried to turn it into a series, so).
- Disney is working on a Hocus Pocus TV movie.
- Broken Record, a girl group drama being produced by Meghan Trainor, is being developed at ABC.
- The Russo Brothers are developing the comic book Deadly Class into a series.
- Fox is developing Take it from the Top, a hip-hop dancing family drama.
- Fox is also developing Silicon Beach, a tech drama from McG.
- CBS is working on Here Comes the Neighborhood, a comedy from a Big Bang producer.
- CMT has ordered Music City, a new reality series from the producer of The Hills.
- Harry Moon’s Good Mischief is being developed as a reality series.
- BBC is working on Dublin Murders, which will be an eight-part miniseries.
- Amazon bought McMafia, a BBC/AMC crime series.
- Meghan McCain is, officially, The View‘s new conservative.
- American Idol is still looking for its third judge, and reallyreallyreally wants Lionel Richie.
- Atlanta is casting and they’re looking for white trash:
Hugh Hefner, That guy
Anne Jeffreys, Actress
Nathan for You: I honestly do not know if there is a more awkward and painful series than this one. It is a gem. Season premiere. 9 p.m., Comedy Central
Grey’s Anatomy: Season premiere. 7 p.m., ABC
Superstore: Season premiere. 7 p.m., NBC
Great News: Season premiere. 8:30 p.m., NBC
Chicago Fire: Season premiere. 9 p.m., NBC
How to Get Away With Murder: Season premiere. 9 p.m., ABC
Will & Grace: Season premiere. Sorta? I mean, it’s not a series premiere, but it’s not a typical season premiere, either. I don’t know. 8 p.m., NBC
Late Night: Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Harrison Ford, Rachel Maddow, Charli XCX Late Night with Seth Meyers: Jennifer Hudson, Jeff Garlin, Jesmyn Ward, Gregg Bissonette The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Steve Martin, Mark Feuerstein, Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers The Late Late Show with James Corden: Nina Dobrev Jimmy Kimmel Live: Kaley Cuoco, David Muir, the XX Conan: Kyle MacLachlan, Rob Schneider, Lisa Loeb The Daily Show: Craig Robinson Watch What Happens Live: Savannah Guthrie, Adam Scott
|How to Get Away With Murder
|CBS||Thursday Night Football
|CW||Penn & Teller: Fool Us
|Whose Line is it Anyway?
|Whose Line is it Anyway?
|The Good Place
|Will & Grace