The Creative Emmys were handed out this weekend, here are the ones you really care about:
- Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Gerald McRaney as Dr. K, This is Us
- Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Alexis Bledel, The Handmaid’s Tale
- Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Melissa McCarthy, Saturday Night Live
- Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series: Dave Chappelle, Saturday Night Live
- Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program: RuPaul Charles
- Outstanding Structured Reality Program: Shark Tank
- Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program: United Shades Of America With W. Kamau Bell
- Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special: 13th
- Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Series: Planet Earth II
- Outstanding Animated Program: Bob’s Burgers
- Outstanding Informational Series or Special: Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath
Miss Texas — who is from Houston — put Trump in his place on the issue of Charlottesville during last night’s Miss America Pageant. This was a wonderful moment, for sure, but how sad is it that the bar has been lowered this far, that we are excited when someone points out that white supremacists are terrorists. OF COURSE THEY ARE. OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE.
Oh, lord. A Great British Bakeoff judge was caught wearing a Nazi uniform. Y’ALL, STOP IT.
On the new season of Star Trek, co-showrunner Aaron Harberts said, “The Klingons are going to help us really look at certain sides of ourselves and our country. Isolationism is a big theme. Racial purity is a big them. The Klingons are not the enemy, but they do have a different view on things. It raises big questions: Should we let people in? Do we want to change? There’s also the question of just because you reach your hand out to someone, do they have to take it? Sometimes, they don’t want to take it.” HMM. WHO COULD HE BE TALKING ABOUT?
Did race play a factor in who The Bachelor chose for this season? Yes, duh, next question.
OK, NOW GO AWAY FOREVER:
#tbt to the most incredible journey of this life time that has now officially come to an end today. As I sit here writing this, I struggle to hold back the tears as I am overcome with emotion one last time. First and foremost.. Rachel, there are so very many things that I've wished I could say to you since the day we parted ways in Spain, but for everyone's sake, I'll keep it short… You gave me a chance and all that I can say is thank you. I have a heart filled with love for you now and always and wish you nothing but the best in your life and love ahead. ABC, you saw something in me, but something held me back. You treated me with such love and kindness and showed me glimpses of a life I never once dreamed that I could have. I will be forever humbled and grateful and will always look back at these last 6 months with an ear to ear smile, knowing that this has truly been a very special life indeed. Upon leaving the @bacheloretteabc I was asked, "what did you learn about yourself during this process?" And at the time I naively said "nothing that I can think of." Now… looking back… I realize I learned one of the single greatest teachings of my life; When you let uncertainty or fear guide your decisions, you risk missing out on what could potentially be the greatest opportunity of a life time. So live dangerously, live without the fear of the unknown, and continue to live and love with a heart that is truly open to anything. #thankyou #lovealways
LOL, some Real Housewives of New Jersey reportedly want Danielle Staub edited out of the upcoming season. Never gonna happen, y’all.
Speaking of Housewives, Bethenny Frankel visited Houston this weekend.
Game of Thrones was pirated one BILLION times this summer. That seems like a lot.
Some late night notes: Colbert is going to be on Kimmel this Thursday, and Clinton will appear on The Daily Show on November 1.
Bobby Brown has brought a million dollar lawsuit against TV One for that Bobbi Christina movie.
Meanwhile, fellow suspended anchor, Charles Payne, is returning to Fox Business News.
Chris Christie wants to be a CNN or MSNBC contributor. DON’T DO IT, GUYS. STAND STRONG.
Oh no, get well soon, Jon Dorenbos, football player and America’s Got Talent contestant!
- Showtime has renewed I’m Dying Up Here for a second season.
- Ozzy and Jack’s World Detour has been renewed for a second season, but will be moving to A&E.
- The Last Tycoon has been cancelled by Amazon.
- The Specialists has been cancelled at Fox News in the wake of Eric Bolling’s firing.
- The Greatest American Hero is being rebooted at ABC, this time with an Indian-American woman in the lead.
- Amazon has ordered a comedy from Fred Armisen and Maya Rudolph; Upload, a comedy from Greg Daniels; Making Friends, a comedy from the creators of How I Met Your Mother; a drama called Tong Wars; and The Boys, another series based on a comic by the author of Preacher from Seth Green, Evan Goldberg, and written by Erik Kripke.
- Spirited, a drama starring Laverne Cox as a fake psychic who learns she really can communicate with the dead, has been given a put pilot order at ABC.
- NBC ordered a crime drama about an FBI agent-turned reporter from one of the Timeless guys.
- NBC is developing The Outsider, a Supreme Court thriller.
- Starz has acquired Monster, a Norweigan serial killer thriller.
- The Green Beret’s Guide to Surviving the Apocalypse, a comedy produced by Matt Damon and Peter Berg, has been picked up by Netflix.
- Netflix acquired Kodachrome, a movie starring Ed Harris, Jason Sudeikis and Elizabeth Olsen.
- The Science Channel will go live when the Cassini spacecraft hurls itself into Saturn on Friday.
- The Machine reboot is not moving forward at Syfy.
- Bonnie Bedelia is joining Designated Survivor.
- Colton Haynes is returning to Arrow this season.
- Sherilyn Fenn has booked a recurring role on S.W.A.T.
- Nick Blood is returning to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this season.
- Tina Majorino will be joining Scorpion this season.
- KJ Smith is joining Dynasty.
- Meegan Warner is going to be your Rapunzel on Once Upon a Time.
- Maybe Dove Cameron has been cast as Sabrina the Teenaged Witch on Riverdale? Possibly?
Don Ohlmeyer, Former NBC West President, coined “Must-See TV,” man who fired Norm MacDonald from “Weekend Update”
Len Wein, Creator of Wolverine, Swamp Thing and editor of The Watchmen
Jeffrey Tuchman, Documentarian
Mike Hodge, Actor
Blake Heron, Actor
Bachelor in Paradise: The last two hours of this nonsense (this season) sees the couples go to fantasy suites and then everyone reunites in the Bachelor studio to yell at Dean for being such an asshole. 7 p.m., ABC
The Real Housewives of Dallas: Cary and Stephanie embark on Brandi’s family trip. Presumably that makes sense to someone. 9 p.m., Bravo
Preacher: The group plans to leave New Orleans when there is a change in plans. Season finale. 8 p.m., AMC
Babe marathon: Babe is a delightful movie. Babe Pig in the City is the stuff of nightmares that I have never been able to watch all the way through. You’ve been warned. 7 p.m., Showtime Family Zone
Late Night: Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Seth Meyers, Russell Westbrook, Prophets of Rage Late Night with Seth Meyers: Danny McBride, Jill Kargman, Elaine Bradley The Late Late Show with James Corden: Christian Slater, Adrianne Palicki, Circus 1903 Jimmy Kimmel Live: Larry David, David Salmoni, 21 Savage Conan: Heather Graham, Adam Conover, Jenny Zigrino The Daily Show: Idris Elba Watch What Happens Live: Brandi Redmond, Cary Deuber, Stephanie Hollman
|ABC||Bachelor in Paradise
|To Tell the Truth
|CBS||The Big Bang Theory
|Kevin Can Wait
|Life in Pieces
|Hooten and the Lady
|FOX||So You Think You Can Dance
|NBC||American Ninja Warrior