Today is Thursday.
Correction: We deleted a tweet that said it was Thursday. Today is Wednesday.
— The Lens (@TheLensNOLA) August 5, 2020
NO, I SAID IT IS THURSDAY.
— Reese Witherspoon (@ReeseW) August 4, 2020
Pretty much. Inspired by @ReeseW pic.twitter.com/u7E2qo4RkK
— Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) August 4, 2020
(Inspired by @ReeseW) pic.twitter.com/G1TnYBQall
— Kyle MacLachlan (@Kyle_MacLachlan) August 6, 2020
.@ReeseW I feel you on #2020 girl… pic.twitter.com/Li71CfdTLW
— Charlize Theron (@CharlizeAfrica) August 6, 2020
.@ReeseW @mindykaling…SAME pic.twitter.com/P8RddrG1Py
— kerry washington (@kerrywashington) August 4, 2020
Inspired by @ReeseW pic.twitter.com/uHxelycyVH
— Mark Ruffalo (@MarkRuffalo) August 5, 2020
has anyone done this one yet pic.twitter.com/Sgq7GEVcrc
— Niccole Thurman (@niccolethurman) August 6, 2020
After his comically disastrous Axios interview, President Mouthbreather went on Fox & Friends yesterday morning to find a safe space where he could just babble his nonsense unchallenged. There, this idiot, this it-would-be-laughable-how-dumb-he-is-if-he-weren’t-also-so-FUCKING-DANGEROUS, said that “children were almost immune from COVID-19.”
Narrator: They’re not.
Then, the Trump Campaign posted this clip on both their Twitter account and their Facebook page, which prompted both social media sites to remove said posts for violating their policies against spreading misinformation about the virus.
I know that every day is another wave of nonsense and horseshit, but just pause for a moment and really think about this: the President of the United States is lying so egregiously about a dangerous virus that has in six months killed more than 160,000 Americans that video of him had to be taken down from social media sites.
Oh, hey, remember that Georgia high school where students were photographed packed in a hallway, most not wearing masks? Guess where there’s been a COVID-19 outbreak? Worse: guess where there had already been an outbreak among student-athletes before school started and they went ahead and forced students to come back in person anyway?
North Paulding High School, about an hour outside Atlanta, reopened Monday despite an outbreak among members of its high school football team, many of whom, a Facebook video shows, worked out together in a crowded indoor gym last week as part of a weightlifting fundraiser.
Within days of that workout, several North Paulding players had tested positive for the coronavirus. The school’s parents were notified just hours before the first day of class.
And multiple teachers at North Paulding say there are positive tests among school staff, including a staff member who came into contact with most teachers at the school while exhibiting symptoms last week. Teachers and staff said the school won’t confirm coronavirus infections among district employees, citing privacy reasons.
Oh, and the student who took the picture that went viral? He was suspended.
Students at school touted by Pence for reopening must quarantine due to COVID-19.https://t.co/MJoXZtNeTB
— Thomas Kennedy (@tomaskenn) August 6, 2020
"Taylor Coombs told CNN that six students and one staff member tested positive for the coronavirus. According to Coombs, 116 students that have been considered in "close contact" of a positive case have been sent home to quarantine for 14 days."https://t.co/ifX59mv7le
— Justin "Rabbit Hole J.Cole" Coleman (@DemopJ) August 6, 2020
And it’s because of shit like this — in addition to the mismanagement of this virus in general — that we’re going to have to cancel Halloween. And don’t get all excited about Thanksgiving or Christmas, friends. I mean, no one can keep you from seeing your grandparents, of course, but I predict it’s going to be a real question whether you should.
Los Angeles’ Mayor Garcetti is going to turn people’s water and power off if they don’t stop PARTYING LIKE A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES.
REMINDER: DO NOT DRINK HAND SANITIZER.
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has tested positive.
It sounds like Stephen Colbert and James Corden are the next late-night hosts who will be returning to a studio soon. Colbert won’t be in the Ed Sullivan theater, but he’ll be out of his New Jersey home, so.
Grey’s Anatomy might start filming again soon:
The plan is to start in a few weeks but don’t have an exact start date but @msdebbieallen is prepping! https://t.co/hyDmyD88kP
— Ellen Pompeo (@EllenPompeo) August 5, 2020
Tyler Perry has started filming on his series The Oval in his production bubble.
Ultimate Surfer, ABC’s surfing competition, has returned to production.
In fact, production permit requests are up in Los Angeles, but most of them are for reality shows and commercials.
Meanwhile, in Vancouver, filming has been stalled over a fight about testing. It’s pretty wild: basically, the American unions, like SAG-AFTRA call for testing three times a week, but the BC Council of Film Unions wants less testing than that. Whaaaaa? As a result, The Good Doctor, which was supposed to be the first to start production has paused, and the entire crew temporarily fired. Some in the industry are saying that this could harm Vancouver’s role as a go-to filming location in the future (but I’m not holding my breath).
Big Brother returned last night and revealed its cast. According to Julie Chen, some contestants that she thought would make the cast were found ineligible when they tested positive for COVID.
All Other TV News
Ah, the presidential debates. So here’s a funny thing that is happening right now: the Trump campaign keeps going out there saying that Joe Biden doesn’t want to debate President Mental Acuity Test, that in fact, he’s scared to do so. The Biden campaign has made no such statement and has, in fact, agreed to the three debates as set by the Debate Commission.
Hey, you know who hasn’t agreed to the debates?
This happened on Fox News this morning:
On Fox & Friends, Rudy Giuliani says the Commission on Presidential Debates should be abolished if they refuse the Trump campaign's request to add a fourth debate or move the first one up. pic.twitter.com/OANirPptBQ
— Bobby Lewis (@revrrlewis) August 6, 2020
The Commission has declined Guiliani’s request:
NEWS Commission on Presidential Debates rejects Giuliani's request for a fourth debate in early Sept, saying voters who get their ballots before the first scheduled debate are not compelled to submit them before the debate. They also push back on his request to choose moderators. pic.twitter.com/Uow32SZeKx
— Jennifer Epstein (@jeneps) August 6, 2020
So yeah, there is a non-zero chance the Trump campaign will pull out of the debates claiming if the Commission won’t give in to their demand of four debates there will be NO debates and that this somehow proves that it was Biden who refused to debate. Watch and see, kids.
Meanwhile, the GOP is trying to use Kanye West to trick-fuck the election.
Things I did not know: Conan O’Brien and Jeff Zucker went to Harvard together, and, in fact, Zucker once had O’Brien arrested. It should be noted Zucker fired O’Brien from The Tonight Show many years later AND O’Brien is once again one of Zucker’s employees. Crazy.
Please stop asking Megan McCain if she’s leaving The View. We will never be so lucky.
The Office‘s cringiest episode: SCOTT’S TOTS.
The Office‘s most expensive joke: Two tickets to paradise.
Lovecraft Country‘s showrunner, Misha Green, credits Lost and Get Out for her show being made. (Yay! CAN NOT WAIT.)
Yes, Jurnee Smollett believes and supports her brother.
- Tacoma FD has been renewed at truTV for a third season.
- The Misery Index has been renewed for a third season at TBS.
- The Expanse might have been renewed for a sixth season on Netflix.
- High Fidelity has been canceled at Hulu after only one season.
- Siren has been canceled at Freeform after three seasons.
- E! News, Pop of the Morning, and In the Room have all been canceled at E! It’s reportedly part of the NBCUniversal purge I mentioned earlier in the week.
- The Cube, a British game show, is coming to the U.S. Dwayne Wade is set to host.
- A drama about a female hip-hop group is being developed at ABC.
- Boss of the Beach, a series about New York lifeguards, is being developed into a series.
- The podcast 36 Questions is being turned into a movie at Netflix.
- The Sting, a crime drama, is in the works at Apple TV+.
- Troppo, a crime drama starring Thomas Jane, is being turned into a series.
- Regina Hall and Bobby Cannavale have joined the cast of Nine Perfect Strangers on Hulu.
- Keith Powell, Jill Knox, Shakina Nayfack, Ely Henry, and Preacher Lawson have been cast in the NBC comedy Connecting.
- Keke Palmer has joined the voice cast of The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder on Disney+. She’s also going to host the VMAs, so she’s having a moment.
Mark Your Calendars
- Bill & Ted Face the Music has been moved up to August 28 on VOD.
- I’m Thinking of Ending Things will debut on Netflix on September 4.
- Selena + Chef will premiere on HBO Max on September 13.
- Dancing with the Stars will return on Monday nights this fall on ABC. No word yet on a precise date.
This is going to be next level. #DWTS is returning Mondays on ABC. pic.twitter.com/F3kbzGJQcr
— Dancing With The Stars #DWTS (@DancingABC) August 4, 2020
- Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against The Universe will debut on Disney+ on August 28.
- The Flight Attendant will debut on HBO Max soon.
- John Was Trying to Contact Aliens will debut on Netflix on August 20.
- About Face will premiere on Quibi on August 10.
- Demarcus Family Rules will debut on Netflix on August 19.
- MTV’s Ghosted: Love Gone Missing will return on MTV on September 2.
- Impractical Jokers: The Movie will be available on HBO Max on September 1.
- Dr. Pimple Popper: Before the Pop will premiere on TLC on September 3.
- My Feet Are Killing Me: First Steps will debut on TLC on September 10.
Billy Goldenberg, Emmy-winning composer and music director
Mike Clark, USA Today film critic
American Pickle: Seth Rogan stars in this comedy as a 19th-century pickle maker who becomes pickled and revived in the 21st century, and said pickle maker’s great-grandson. HBO Max
Star Trek: Lower Decks: This new animated series follows the adventures of the support staff on Starfleet’s U.S.S. Cerritos. Series premiere. CBS All Access
Hitmen: Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins star as two best friends who also happen to be assassins in this British comedy. Premiere. Peacock
The Rain: Third and final season. Netflix
On the Trail: The 2020 Primaries: Basically, this is HBO Max’s version of The Circus, but not in real time. Premiere. HBO Max
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Matthew McConaughey, Jaden Smith
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: J.B. Smoove, Dana Bash, Kaitlan Collins, Kyung Lah, Thaddeus Dixon
- The Daily Show: The Daily Social Distancing Show
- Watch What Happens Live: “Countess & Friends: RHONY 200th Episode Special”
|To Tell the Truth
|Penn & Teller: Fool Us
|NBC||Ellen’s Game of Games
|Law & Order: SVU
|Law & Order: SVU