Sophie Turner revealed in an interview that she told some friends the ending of Game of Thrones and people were SO MAD. She then had to clarify that she only told two people: her husband and one other friend and it was no biggie. First of all, y’all need to calm down. Second of all, she didn’t “ruin” anything for anyone. If I were friends with her or any other person associated with the show, and I didn’t mind being spoiled, you better believe I’d not only demand they tell me everything and be VERY FURIOUS if they refused.
And in conclusion: LEAVE SANSA ALONE.
In other Game of Thrones news, Benioff and Weiss will be awarded the Founders Award at this year’s International Emmy Awards. The award is given to those whose “creative accomplishments have contributed in some way to the quality of global television production.”
Iain Glen reflects on his relationship with Emilia Clarke as Game of Thrones ends. It’s very sweet.
Apple is unveiling its new TV service today. You can watch it live on Apple.com beginning at 10 a.m. PST. Here are some of the shows you can expect when it officially launches. But don’t be looking for Netflix to be a part of the subscription bundle Apple offers, those two aren’t getting along.
So I had read that Viacom and AT&T were in a squabble and I didn’t really think anything about it because I stopped watching MTV when they stopped playing music. But then I was watching this week’s episode of RuPaul’s Drag Race and all these notices that I needed to call AT&T and scream at them if I wanted to keep my Drag Race popped up and what I’m saying is I am relieved everything worked out because I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPY IF MY QUEENS HAD BEEN TAKEN AWAY. MTV is one thing, DRAG RACE IS A WHOLE ‘NOTHER.
What we know about the fourth season of This is Us: Rebecca’s father will play a role. That’s it.
Roseanne Barr reveals she was suicidal in the days following her tweet and being fired from Roseanne. And that’s sad! But don’t go blaming Sarah Gilbert for your shitty choices, lady!
At the Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Awards, Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber defended Lori Loughton in their acceptance speech for Favorite Funny Show.
Here’s a long piece about Felicity Huffman in the wake of the college scandal, in case you were worried that Lori Loughton was getting all the attention.
Oh, Dre. Did YOU forget about something? Because after posting a gloating Instagram photo about how your daughter got into USC on her own, some people pointed out that you and Jimmy Iovine gave the school $70 MILLION. In comparison, Lori Loughton got a deal.
Y’all really like Stranger Things. The trailer for season three is the most watched Netflix video on YouTube ever, having racked up 21 million views since it debuted on Friday.
Barbara Streisand really fucking stepped in it, you guys. In an interview with The Times of London, she said that she blames the parents of Michael Jackson’s accusers for what happened to them — which is not great, but kinda understandable. But then! She went on to suggest that the abuse couldn’t have been that bad because they “both married and they both have children, so it didn’t kill them.” AND THEN, she went on to add, “His sexual needs were his sexual needs, coming from whatever childhood he has or whatever DNA he has. You can say ‘molested,’ but those children, as you heard say, they were thrilled to be there.”
Streisand has since issued an apology:
And Diana Ross has put out a tweet in support of Jackson in the wake of Finding Neverland:
Mehdi Hasan, an Al Jazeera anchor, has apologized for past comments where he attacked LGBTQ people, non-Muslims, and atheists.
- Marvel’s Runaways has been renewed at Hulu.
- Supernatural will end after the next season, season 15. Godspeed, Show.
- Origin has been canceled at YouTube.
- Perry Mason has been ordered at HBO.
- Death is my BFF is in the works at Syfy.
- Miss Scarlett and The Duke has been greenlit at A&E International.
- The Gift has been ordered by Netflix.
- Project Christmas: Alabama has been ordered by Hallmark. Christmas Cookie Countdown has also been ordered.
- Home for Christmas has been ordered at Netflix.
- Our House is being adapted for TV.
- Judith Light and Bette Midler have joined the cast of Ryan Murphy’s The Politician on Netflix.
- Patty LuPone will join the cast of Pose on FX.
- Fat Joe is joining the cast of New York Undercover‘s pilot at ABC.
- Michael Michele is your new Dominique Deveraux.
- Simone Missick is going to star in Courthouse, CBS’s drama pilot.
- Jack Davenport is going to co-star in Why Women Kill on CBS All Access.
- Dani and Dannah Lockett have been cast in NBC’s pilot The Kenan Show.
- H. Michael Croner will join the Fox comedy pilot Patty’s Auto.
- Elizabeth Cappuccino is joining the cast of the Fox pilot neXT.
- Tate Ellington is joining the cast of NBC’s pilot Lincoln.
- Anna Cathcart, Janel Parrish, and John Corbett are rejoining the cast of the sequel to the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before sequel.
- Chester Lockhart and Brady Dalton Richards have joined the cast of Glamorous at The CW.
- Carmen Cusack is joining the cast of NBC’s pilot Zooey’s Extraordinary Playlist.
- Bridgit Mendler and Brent Morin will lead Merry Happy Whatever at Netflix and Ashley Tisdale, Adam Rose and Hayes MacArthur will join the cast.
Mark Your Calendar
- Unicorn Store will premiere on Netflix on April 5.
- Paradise Hotel will premiere on Fox on May 9.
- The Mueller Report: A Turning Point will air on CBS tonight.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion is going to premiere on Netflix on June 21.
- Barefoot Contessa: Cook Like a Pro will premiere on Food Network on April 21.
- Jeremy Wade’s Dark Waters will debut on Animal Planet on April 21.
- Dora and the Lost City of Gold is a movie and not coming to TV, but it’s based on the animated series and, well, hoo boy. Boots is going to haunt my nightmares for a while.
Antonia Rey, Actress who appeared in Happy!, Who’s the Boss? and many others
Larry Cohen, Writer, producer, and director
Ken Jacobson, Talent manager, producer, and sometime actor
Scott Walker, Experimental pop musician, and icon
A local driver for NBC News was killed in Syria when a device exploded near a group of journalists. His name has not been released at this time.
Knightfall: Mark Hamill joins the cast in the second season. Season premiere. 9 p.m., History
One Nation Under Stress: Dr. Sanjay Gupta explores the spike in the rise of deaths by suicide and overdose in a country that spends more on healthcare than anywhere else in the world. 8 p.m., HBO
Women, War & Peace: The second season of the series that explores the way women have put their own lives on the line to try to stop wars begins with a look at the Troubles. Season premiere. 8 p.m., PBS
The Hunger Games marathon: No reason. 1 p.m., TNT
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Conor McGregor, Michael Che, Rachel Feinstein, Frank Pellegrino Jr.
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Tony Hale, Paul Simon
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Max Greenfield, Maggie Siff, Dido
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Bill Hader, Regina Hall, Gunna
- The Daily Show: Abbi Jacobson, Ilana Glazer
- Watch What Happens Live: Tom Schwartz, Aidy Bryant
|Man with a Plan
|The Mueller Report: A Turning Point
|Penn & Teller: Fool Us
|The Enemy Within