Oh hey, here’s another Chron gallery, although this one will probably inspire less consternation. Last week, Daredevil and Take Two were canceled, and a few other shows were not given additional episode orders, so I’ve updated the Renew/Cancel predictions accordingly. But I warn you, we won’t know how good any of these predictions are for a while. Over the past couple of years, the networks have gone from competing to see who would be the first to cancel a series, to seeing how long they can postpone the announcement of the inevitable. As a result, it’s possible we won’t know which of these shows have been officially canceled until late April, early May. But if there was one show that would be canceled before the Upfronts, maybe even in the next couple of weeks while everyone is distracted by the holidays? Alec Baldwin, pack your talk show that NO ONE ASKED FOR and please see yourself to the door.
Kit Harington is not going to be in any Game of Thrones spinoffs, which, you know, no duh.
The Twilight Zone reboot just cast three more amazing actors for an upcoming episode (see below). Here’s everything we know about the reboot so far.
Here’s what kind of dystopian hellscape 2018 is: a Nathan For You scheme actually happened:
Max Greenfield is right: The Leftovers should have won the Emmy for Outstanding Drama for last year even if it wasn’t eligible.
Do not click this if you are eating something right now. Also, Ramona: gross. Gross, Ramona, so gross.
Love horror and love Christmas? Here are five classic creepy Christmas episodes of television to get you in the spirit and where to stream them.
More great news for horror fans: The Exorcist series is now streaming on Hulu. If you missed this series, do yourself a favor and catch up. I genuinely think it was one of the best horror series I’ve seen in a long time, if ever.
And in other streaming news, despite the scare that Friends was leaving Netflix on January 1st, it seems the sitcom is going to remain on Netflix through 2019. However, Warner is launching its own streaming service (oh for fuck’s sake) at the end of 2019 and the series will eventually move there.
Here’s why You is moving from Lifetime to Netflix. (Basically, because “creative differences” and Netflix already had streaming rights.)
The Blaze is merging with CRTV, another conservative media brand, putting Glen Beck and Mark Levin under the same roof, saints preserve us. Some media watchers think that this is just a ploy to try to get Fox News to buy them and add them to their new streaming service, but we’ll have to wait and see.
HEY, ASSHOLES, LEAVE PETE DAVIDSON ALONE.
Dear Men of Wall Street (and all men, honestly): the answer to sexual harassment allegations is not to sexually discriminate. Have dinner with your female colleagues! Just don’t go all Neil deGrasse Tyson on them and start stripping off your clothes and talking about how you need a physical “release” and giving her “special” handshakes, and you’ll probably be fine! This is not hard to figure out, guys!
Piers Morgan piersmorganed a dumb bad transphobic joke and dragged Dick Van Dyke into it and Dick Van Dyke was having NONE OF IT.
God damned legend.
- My Brilliant Friend has been renewed for a second season on HBO.
- Henry Danger received 10 more episodes at Nickelodeon.
- The Dolls, a limited series produced by and starring Laura Dern and Issa Rae, is happening at HBO.
- Stephen King’s The Outsider is being turned into a movie at HBO. It will star Ben Mendelsohn.
- Eight, a family comedy from writers from You’re the Worst and It’s Always Sunny, is in development at Fox.
- A Jane the Virgin spinoff is being considered at The CW. YES PLEASE.
- Exhibit A, a legal drama based on a Korean show from Daniel Dae Kim, is in development at ABC.
- Dirty, a drama from Sharon Horgan, is being developed at Amazon.
- Barkskins is being adapted into a series for National Geographic.
- Straight White Male is being adapted into a series in the U.K.
- Trackers is being adapted into a series for television.
- Bobby Flay has signed a deal with Food Network.
- Samantha Bee has launched her own production company to make documentaries.
- Sounds like M. Night Shyamalan’s Tales from the Crypt won’t be happening.
- John Cho, Allison Tolman, and Jacob Tremblay will be in an episode of The Twilight Zone.
- Dylan McDermott and January Jones are joining the cast of The Politician on Netflix.
- Isabelle Fuhrman and Liana Liberato will co-star in YouTube’s Edge of Seventeen series.
Mark Your Calendars
- Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club will debut on MTV on January 8.
- Flack will debut on Pop on February 21.
- Watership Down will air on BBC soon.
- History Remembers George H.W. Bush will air on History on December 5.
- A Home for the Holidays will air on CBS on December 21.
- Grace and Frankie will return on Netflix on January 18.
- Comedians of the World will debut on Netflix on January 1. It will feature 47 stand-up specials from comedians from all over the world.
- Meanwhile, Comedy Central just announced a bunch of comedy specials, too.
- Backyard Envy will debut on Bravo on January 17.
- Amanda Seales: I Be Knowin’ will debut on HBO on January 26.
- Elvis All-Star Tribute will air on February 17 on NBC.
- Sex Education will stream on Netflix on January 11.
Michele Carey, Actress
Geoff Murphy, Director
Legends of the Lost with Megan Fox: Megan Fox is the unlikely host of this new series that explores ancient mysteries. You do you, Megan Fox. Series premiere. 7 p.m., Travel
A Saturday Night Live Christmas Special: Here are a bunch of SNL Christmas-themed sketches. 8 p.m., NBC
Late Night: Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Saoirse Ronan, Russell Westbrook, Alessia Cara Late Night with Seth Meyers: Jake Tapper, Bill Burr, Nikki Glaspie The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Julia Roberts, Patrick Wilson The Late Late Show with James Corden: Zachary Levi Jimmy Kimmel Live: Justin Theroux, Karen Gillan, Gucci Mane The Daily Show: Anderson .Paak Watch What Happens Live: Ross Inia, Ashton Pienaar, Rhylee Gerber
|The Kids Are Alright
|Splitting Up Together
|NCIS: New Orleans
|A Saturday Night Live Christmas Special