HBO released a new teaser trailer advertising their upcoming series, and SOUND THE HORN! it includes images from Game of Thrones season 8!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, from what I can tell, it contains exactly one image from season 8:
So SPOILER ALERT! Jon returns to Winterfell next season and hugs Sansa. OR THAT’S WHAT THEY WANT US TO THINK.
All kidding aside, what we can tell from this image is that Jon returns to Winterfell before the Night King and the White Walkers move south — or we can assume that based on the fact that Winterfell is still in pretty good shape. Or, alternatively, that he returns after Sansa et al fight off the Night King, but how likely is that? But more importantly, Sansa is giving the stank eye to someone over Jon’s shoulder. But to whom? Daenerys? Tyrion? The Mountain? All of the above? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
HOW ABOUT THAT SHARP OBJECTS ENDING? Obviously, do not click on the clickies if you haven’t watched yet, you’ve been duly warned. Here’s why the director chose to put THOSE scenes into the credits — and it makes total sense. Marti Noxon discusses that gut punch of an ending. Here’s how the show upended everything we’ve been taught to understand about easter eggs. Four clues as to the killer which were right in front of our faces all along. And here’s why it was a remarkably feminist show.
USA launched a Purge Shopping Channel and it is kind of amazing. The Purge will debut on USA on September 4.
Sounds like Taissa Farmiga will be playing both her “Murder House” and “Coven” characters on this season of American Horror Story: Apocalypse.
Comic spoilers about what is happening in The Walking Dead comics right about now — and where the show may eventually be headed.
Samantha Bee doesn’t give a fuck what the right thinks of her and why should she?
This is an interesting piece on how television stigmatizes mental health issues by portraying medications as something that is designed to stifle one’s “specialness.”
And this is a lovely piece about how Steven Universe helps the author with her anxiety through its profound sincerity. “What if something good happens?”
I pay proper tribute to John McCain later in this post, unlike NBC:
A woman is suing Mario Batali for sexually assaulting her in 2017.
Jason Bateman realizes he needs to shut up and listen more and this has nothing to do with the fact that he’s promoting a new season of Ozark.
- Who is America? will not have a second season.
- The Game of Thrones prequel will go into production in February.
- The Great is nearing an official order at Hulu.
- The podcast My Dad Wrote a Porno might be turned into a series.
- Joshua Jackson, Christopher Jackson, and Adepero Oduye have joined Netflix’s Central Park Five.
- Katey Sagal and Courteney Cox have joined the cast of Shameless.
- Diane Lane, Greg Kinnear, and Cody Fern have been added to House of Cards.
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste is joining the cast of The Good Place.
- Cassady McClincy is joining The Walking Dead as Lydia.
- Necar Zadegan is joining NCIS: New Orleans.
- Anthony Konechny is joining Supergirl.
- Suzy Nakamura has been cast in HBO’s Avenue 5.
- It’s not TV news, but Dominic Monaghan is going to be in the next Star Wars movie, reuniting him with J.J. Abrams. Losties will get it.
Mark Your Calendar
- HBO released a “first look” trailer for a bunch of series, including a teensy bit from Game of Thrones, some footage of Big Little Lies 2 and more. And bad news, Game of Thrones is definitely not going to air in the spring, but at the very earliest, next summer.
- My Dinner with Hervé will debut on HBO on October 20.
- True Detective returns in January on HBO and I will be a sucker and watch it.
- The Haunting of Hill House will begin streaming on Netflix on October 12.
- Wanderlust will debut on Netflix on October 19.
- Constantine: The Legend Continues will air on The CW on October 15.
- The Oslo Diaries will debut on HBO on September 13.
- Wedding of Dreams will air on Lifetime on September 8.
Neil Simon, Great American writer. Before he became a famous playwright and created The Odd Couple, he wrote for a number of television shows in the early days of the business.
John McCain, Senator, statesman, presidential candidate, war hero. I don’t usually mention politicians here, but McCain was also a pop culture figure who appeared many times on The Daily Show, and made appearances on Parks and Recreation, 24, and Saturday Night Live.
He also was a husband and father. Meghan McCain posted a beautiful tribute to her dad:
John Carter, Editor
Momoko Sakura, Creator of Chibi Maruko-chan
Bachelor in Paradise: A bachelor leaves early because apparently he has a brain in his pretty head. GODSPEED, BACHELOR. 7 p.m., ABC
The Proposal: On the finale of this God-forsaken series, a woman is looking for a man who is “the perfect mix of Mr. Rogers and Christian Grey.” Again, all y’all need to get Mr. Rogers’ name OUT YO MOUTHS. Season finale. 9 p.m., ABC
Goodfellas: “As long as I can remember, I always wanted to be
the President a gangster.” Ahem. No reason. 6 p.m., AMC
Late Night: Conan: Marc Maron, Bert Kreischer
|ABC||Bachelor in Paradise
|Life in Pieces
|CW||Penn & Teller: Fool Us
|Whose Line is it Anyway?
|Whose Line is it Anyway?
|FOX||So You Think You Can Dance
|NBC||American Ninja Warrior
America’s Got Talent