Ryan Murphy’s Feud: Jane and Megyn:
Jane on Megyn: “It wasn’t like I was upset. I was stunned. It was so inappropriate. It showed that she’s not that good an interviewer.”
Megyn on Jane: “By the way, she still says she’s not proud of America. So, the moral indignation is a little much… honestly, she has no business lecturing anyone on what qualifies as offensive.”
Holland Taylor as Jane Fonda, Katherine Heigl as Megyn Kelly. Get it done, Ryan Murphy.
Peter Dinklage is happy that Game of Thrones will end before it jumps the Kraken, and while I agree with him, I also feel like there was at least two more 10-episode seasons worth of material before that would happen.
Obviously Fear the Walking Dead is going to undergo a time jump, why are we still talking about this?
The SAG Awards were last night. Here are the TV winners:
- Male Actor in a Comedy: William H. Macy – Shameless (Showtime)
- Female Actress in a Comedy: Julia Louis-Dreyfus – Veep (HBO)
- Male Actor in a Drama: Sterling K. Brown – This Is Us (NBC)
- Female Actor in a Drama: Claire Foy – The Crown (Netflix)
- Male Actress in Miniseries or TV Movie: Alexander Skarsgård –Big Little Lies (HBO)
- Female Actress in Miniseries or TV Movie: Nicole Kidman — Big Little Lies (HBO)
- Ensemble Comedy: Veep (HBO)
- Ensemble Drama: This Is Us (NBC)
- Stunt Ensemble: Game of Thrones (HBO)
But, question: What was Jack McBrayer doing at the Big Little Lies table? Was he Alexander Skarsgård’s date? Because I’m totally shipping Jack McBrayer and Alexander Skarsgård from here on out.
The Notorious RBG is aware of Kate McKinnon’s impersonation of her, and she loves it.
The episode of This is Us that will follow the big sportsball game will be sportsball focused. But don’t be looking for the traditional pre-sportsball interview with the President, because someone is a scaredy-cat.
STEPHEN KING IS A GOD DAMNED GENIUS. CUT IT OUT WITH THE CHICAGO CRAP, AND MAKE THIS HAPPEN DICK WOLF:
Mo’Nique is calling for a boycott of Netflix, accusing them of gender and color bias. Her complaint is that Netflix only offered her $500,000 for her comedy special, whereas they paid Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock $20 million and Amy Schumer somewhere around $13 million. Which, OK, but Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, and Amy Schumer are better known stand-up comedians than Mo’Nique? Like, much much better known? And in conclusion, good luck with your boycott, Mo’Nique!
Why We March
The publisher of the Los Angeles Times is taking a leave of absence following allegations of sexual harassment.
Alison Brie was forced to defend her brother-in-law, James Franco, on the SAG red carpet last night and managed to thread the needle well enough. However, Scarlett Johansson is not done with you yet, Franco.
Meanwhile, Aziz Ansari skipped the SAGs altogether, even though he was a nominee.
Took you long enough, Annette Roque.
And you’re going to want to grasp your pearls for the next one:
I want to be her.
- Fox ordered pilots for Mixtape, Our People, and Rel.
- ABC ordered a pilot for a 1970s comedy from the creator of Last Man Standing.
- The documentary Flint Town is coming to Netflix.
- The creator of Peaky Blinders has optioned When We Were Orphans to turn into a TV series.
- The Hollywood Reporter is keeping track of all the pilot orders here.
- Paul Bettany is close to being your new Prince Philip.
- Keiynan Lonsdale is joining Legends of Tomorrow.
- Drew Carey is going to guest star on NCIS.
- Lisa Edelstein is going to star in Confessions of a Sociopath.
- Sarah Baker, Susan Sullivan, Emily Osment, Graham Rogers, Ashleigh LaThrop, Jenna Lyng Adams, Melissa Tang, and Casey Brown have joined Netflix’s The Kominsky Method, Chuck Lorre’s new comedy.
- Ryan Michelle is joining Empire.
- Tessa Ferrer is joining Mr. Mercedes.
- Shannon Kook is joining The 100.
Mark Your Calendar
Alison Shearmur, Producer
Dorothy Malone, Actress
John Coleman, Co-founder of The Weather Channel
Bob Smith, Comedian
The Bachelor: The Bachelor and his harem go to Foolish’s Mountain retreat and RUIN IT. 7 p.m., ABC
Mosaic: Sharon Stone stars in this new Soderbergh mystery that to fully experience, you have to download an app for some reason. Series premiere. 7 p.m.., Mosaic
Summer House: Season premiere. 9 p.m., Bravo
Late Night: Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Greg Kinnear, Jason Momoa, the War on Drugs Late Night with Seth Meyers: John Lithgow, Selma Blair, Derek Waters, Brann Dailor The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: James Corden, Ann Curry, Deon Cole Jimmy Kimmel Live: Zach Galifianakis, Antonia Thomas, Tune-Yards Conan: Sharon Stone, Luke Evans The Daily Show: Michael Wolff The Opposition with Jordan Klepper : Jason Kander Watch What Happens Live: Samantha Bee, Dan Rather
|The Good Doctor
|CBS||Kevin Can Wait
|Man with a Plan
|Better Late Than Never