But first a quick Harvey Update: Houston is still underwater and it is still raining. In addition to the places I listed yesterday, you can also donate to:
- Our local school district, HISD, is going to be hit hard. 76% of students in HISD live below the poverty line, and HISD’s schools are already insufficiently funded. This storm is going to be devastating for the students, the staff, and the schools.
- J.J. Watt has started You Caring to raise relief funds.
- There’s the Baker Ripley Organization, a community center and charity that is helping with relief efforts.
- The Cajun Navy have come from Louisiana to help save people.
- And my pal and fellow TV blogger, Jo Garfein has started her own TV-related fund raiser. She’s the best:
And God bless Kevin Hart. Some people are mad at him for calling out celebrities in this way. This Houstonian is not among them.
View this post on Instagram
I'm calling this the Hurricane Harvey Relief Challenge….Lets go @therock @beyonce @chrisrock Jay Z Dave Chappelle @jerryseinfeild @iamsteveharveytv @justintimberlake #HurricaneHarveyReliefChallenge #prayforhouston …..I am getting a link together now people. Help me help Houston….
View this post on Instagram
Click the link in my Bio & help me help Houston as well as the other cities that are being affected by Hurricane Harvey….I will be able to track this money and make sure that it is being used properly. Keep your head up Houston & keep your faith. I love you all & my prayers are with you!!!! Click the link in my Bio….I will be calling out celebs daily. You also don't have to be a celebrity to donate….Any and everybody can click the link and help out!!!! CLICK THE LINK IN MY BIO
Alright, some TV business:
I’m so emotionally drained right now, I honestly don’t know how long it is going to take me to get to the Game of Thrones recap. I always hope to get it up by Wednesday, I never get it up by Wednesday. It’s definitely not going to be up by Wednesday. In the meantime, here’s the first installment of HBO’s “Game Revealed,” a behind-the-scenes look at how the episodes were made. First up, the premiere episode, “Dragonstone.”
While we are talking Game of Thrones, this is just some very good gossip.
Some things we know about the upcoming season of American Horror Story: Evan Peters is going to play a number of cult leaders, including Charles Manson, Jim Jones, David Koresh and … Andy Warhol? Lena Dunham is going to play the real-life would-be Warhol assassin, Valerie Solanas, and this will be the first season without any supernatural elements, and also, bees.
Oooh, set your DVRs for September 6th: The Countess Luann is going to talk about her divorce.
Oh no, Jane the Virgin’s episode order has been reduced to 17 from 20 last season. Is it a sign of doom? Or is it a sign that The CW never cancels anything ever and they just don’t have room on their schedule for a 20-22 episode order? WHO KNOWS.
We’re also getting fewer episodes of UnREAL. WHAT GIVES?
If you want a distraction from depressing Harvey coverage, here are a bunch of hilarious British Drunk History clips.
If you’re a Hulu subscriber, you’ll soon get The CW live.
ABC is moving its Sunday schedule around for the fall: America’s Funniest Home Videos is moving to 7/8 p.m. for the first time in decades.
Here’s a deleted scene from last season’s Supernatural in which Rowena compares having sex with one partner to “riding a heavily sedated walrus.”
Someone thinks that it’s a good idea to give Michael Vick another career.
- TLC has renewed Who Do You Think You Are?
- Dr. Jeff: Rocky Mountain Vet has been renewed by Animal Planet.
- ABC is working on a comedy about a Texan Mexican-American family from the people who made The Real O’Neals.
- Fox is going to do a two-hour investigative special on the murders of Tupac and Biggie, and Ice-T is somehow involved (not in their murders, though) (as far as I know).
- CBS is working on a CIA family drama called
Spy KidsFamily Business.
- Fox is developing Not Ready, a single camera comedy.
- Fox is also developing Suspended, a comedy from the Powerless guys.
- Fox is developing Proxy, a sci-fi drama.
- A man has no show: TNT is not making that drama with the guy who played Jaqen H’ghar after all.
- Minnie Driver is returning to Will & Grace as Karen’s nemesis, Lorraine.
- The Lacheys are both joining Dancing with the Stars.
- Melina Kanakaredes is joining the cast of The Resident.
- Jackson Robert Scott will be one of the leads in Locke & Key.
- Martin Donovan (Ant-Man), Andy McQueen (Jack Ryan) and Grace Lynn Kung (Mary Kills People) have all been added to the cast of HBO’s Fahrenheit 451.
- Jojo is going to guest on Lethal Weapon.
Tobe Hooper, Legendary horror director
Mireille Darc, French actress
Bachelor in Paradise: It’s Corinne’s turn to talk. 7 p.m., ABC
Black Love: This new docuseries explores the challenges and rewards of making a Black marriage work. Series premiere. 8 p.m., OWN
The Muppet Movie: Come on, you know you love this. Midnight, Showtime Family
Late Night: The Daily Show: Maggie Haberman, Glenn Thrush
|ABC||Bachelor in Paradise
|NCIS: New Orleans
|DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
|NBC||America’s Got Talent
|Hollywood Game Night