Someone was up early watching The Today Show and Good Morning America and he did not like what he saw.
Another day, another angry tweet attacking the free press for doing their damn jobs. Here’s the thing about this particular tweet: leaving aside calling reputable news outlets “fake,” there is nothing “so-called” about the Russia story. All 17 intelligence agencies agree that the Russians attempted to manipulate the election (to what degree they were successful is unclear). FBI Director James Comey admitted to Congress on Monday that the FBI is and has been investigating — since this summer — whether or not the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians to influence the election. Breitbart and Infowars are both under investigation for possibly working with the Russians to spread actual fake news during the election. And it was just revealed that Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager for six crucial months, had been paid millions of dollars to advance Putin’s agenda in the United States.
This is just skimming the surface of the Russian story: that’s leaving aside Mike Flynn and Roger Stone and Rex Tillerson and Carter Page and Jeff Sessions and Jared Kushner and the Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak and Devin Nunes’ weird behavior yesterday trying to pretend that he found proof that Obama had wiretapped Trump when all he did was confirm that people in the Trump administration had been caught up in foreign intercepts WHICH IS NOT A GOOD THING FOR THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION and the pee dossier and Trump asking that the Russians hack Hillary Clinton and the GOP’s sudden removal of their pledge of support for Ukraine on their official platform and the administration turning on NATO and Trump’s many connections to Russian oligarchs and his repeated refusal to ever criticize Vladimir Putin FOR ANYTHING EVER and my point is that all of this amounts to something just a smidge bigger than a “so-called” story, you fucking liar.
Interestingly, ABC News, one of Trump’s twitter targets, was hacked on Twitter this morning with pro-Trump messages:
What is most interesting about this hack is the part where they call CNN “real news” considering that their “lord and savior” just tweeted this three days ago:
Speaking of Fox, in a completely outrageous interview with Time Magazine that was published this morning, and in which Trump literally said, “I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not,” he tries to place the blame of his outrageous and false claims that President Obama wiretapped him in the lap of Fox News.
Why do you say that I have to apologize? I’m just quoting the newspaper, just like I quoted the judge the other day, Judge Napolitano, I quoted Judge Napolitano, just like I quoted Bret Baier, I mean Bret Baier mentioned the word wiretap. Now he can now deny it, or whatever he is doing, you know. But I watched Bret Baier, and he used that term. I have a lot of respect for Judge Napolitano, and he said that three sources have told him things that would make me right. I don’t know where he has gone with it since then. But I’m quoting highly respected people from highly respected television networks.
Late Night Takes
Seth Meyers is concerned that all this Russia/wiretapping news is overshadowing another political crime: the confirmation hearings of Judge Gorsuch (a subject I literally can not think about or talk about without blood pouring out of my eyes).
Hey, remember that Russian ambassador I mentioned above?
Jimmy Kimmel has some thoughts on Paul Manafort’s “very limited role” to the Trump campaign:
Meanwhile, Stephen Colbert is concerned that he’s missing out on awesome sex scandals thanks to Trump:
And Samantha Bee would like to introduce you to the Nazi advisor to Trump:
In other TV news
Netflix is ditching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Angel, and The X-Files in April, so binge up, Joss Whedon fans. In the wake of this news, is Hulu turning out to be a better bet than Netflix for TV fans now that Netflix is ditching old TV series to make room for original content?
The Daytime Emmy nominations have come out and General Hospital and The Young and the Restless lead the pack because THEY ARE THE ONLY SOAP OPERAS LEFT ON TELEVISION.
Fox has set their summer premiere dates for Andy Cohen’s Love Connection, So You Think You Can Dance and other shows.
This is going to come as a surprise, but women are less represented on the news than men.
Here’s the original script from
Ramsay Bolton’s Stannis Baratheon death scene, in case your life just was incomplete without it. Oh, and spoiler alert for those of you just starting Game of Thrones, but Ramsay Bolton Stannis Baratheon dies. (Ramsay Bolton also dies.)
CHIPs star Larry Wilcox is pretty sure you’re going to hate the CHIPs movie that is coming out.
Kim Richards update: She’s missed the deadline to complete 20 hours of community service and attend 52 Alcohol Anonymous meetings and now she needs to do 450 hours of community service before September. Oh, girl.
It’s Ewan McGregor vs. Ewan McGregor in the new Fargo trailer:
Netflix has turned their documentary film Hot Girls Wanted into a documentary series, Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On:
Mystery Science Theater 3000‘s Netflix trailer is here:
- Freeform has bought Flighty, a flight attendant comedy.
- HGTV just announced a bunch of new shows including Brother vs. Brother which will take place in what HGTV calls the “fun beach community of Galveston, Texas.” “Fun.” LOL OK.
- The Travel Channel has released their new slate of shows, including more Xtreme series and a show from Jacques Cousteau’s grandson.
- The Vampire Diaries could be getting another spinoff. Vampires are immortal after all.
- Hulu is developing a series based on the book One Million Steps.
- HBO bought the rights to May It Last: A Portrait of the Avett Brothers.
- John Cho is going to be Billy Eichner’s boyfriend in the third season of Difficult People on Hulu because Billy Eichner has figured out what Mindy Kaling has known all along: that you can just write in whoever you want to play your boyfriend if you’re in charge of the show.
- David Boreanaz is replacing Jim Caviezel in CBS’s Navy SEALs project, and I can not spell either of their names.
- Kristen Johnston (3rd Rock from the Sun) will join the cast of CBS’s Real Life, a comedy pilot.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters) has joined the cast of Me, Myself and I, CBS’s comedy pilot.
- Luke James is your new Puff Daddy.
- Michael Bolton is going to appear in the season finale of Fresh Off the Boat, guys.
- Beau Garrett (Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce) is joining the ABC’s medical drama pilot The Good Doctor.
- Sawyer Barth has been added to the cast of Amy’s Brother, Fox’s comedy pilot.
- JJ Feild (Turn) and Latarsha Rose (The Hunger Games) are joining the cast of NBC’s medical pilot.
- Bobby Lee (MadTV) is joining ABC’s comedy pilot Splitting Up Together.
- Sam Huntington is joining the cast of Losing It, ABC’s family comedy with Jon Cryer.
- Robert Baker (Texas Rising) is joining the cast of Charlie Foxtrot, ABC’s military comedy pilot.
- Angel Laketa Moore (ER) is joining the cast of Linda from HR, a Fox comedy pilot.
- Diona Reasonover (Clipped) has been added to the cast of Relatively Happy, an NBC comedy pilot.
- J. August Richards (Notorious) and Joanna Garcia Swisher (Once Upon a Time) are joining the cast of The Gospel of Kevin, ABC’s comedy pilot.
- Kelley Missal (One Life to Live) is joining the cast of The Crossing, ABC’s drama pilot.
- Merrin Dungey (Conviction) has been added to the cast of Brothered Up, CBS’s buddy cop comedy.
- Berto Colon (Orange Is the New Black), Tim Kang (The Mentalist) and David Warshofsky are joining the cast of The Trustee, ABC’s comedy pilot.
- Langston Kerman (Insecure) is joining Singularity, an FX sci-fi comedy pilot.
- Hillary Anne Matthews is joining Zach Braff’s comedy pilot for ABC.
- Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs) has been cast in Insatiable, The CW’s drama pilot.
- Jacob McCarthy has joined the cast of Seth Meyer’s comedy pilot for NBC.
- Michael Grady (UnReal) is joining the cast of The Get, CBS’s journalism drama pilot.
- Willa Fitzgerald (Scream) and Dylan Bruno (Numb3rs) have joined the Behind Enemy Lines reboot pilot at Fox.
- Melissa Roxburgh will join the cast of Valor, The CW’s military pilot.
- Alex Russell is joining S.W.A.T., CBS’ pilot.
Baskets: Chip joins the Russians in the season finale. Just like our President. 9 p.m., Fox
Superstore: Mateo deals with immigration issues in this episode directed by America Ferrera. 7 p.m., NBC
Late Night: Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Anthony Anderson, Rhett & Link, Migos Late Night with Seth Meyers: Jake Gyllenhaal, Whitney Cummings, Post Malone featuring Quavo of Migos & Metro Boomin, Charlie Benante The Late Late Show with James Corden: Terrence Howard, Jenna Elfman, Take That Jimmy Kimmel Live: Shaquille O’Neal, Noah Hawley, Mondo Cozmo The Daily Show: Rep. Adam Schiff Watch What Happens Live: Dax Shepard, Michael Pena
|Kicking & Screaming
|The Blacklist: Redemption