Have I shown you my favorite possum of all time?
😄 A possum that ran onto the field interrupted an American football match and clung to the turf with its claws, not wanting to leave the arena.
❌ The touchdown performed by the marsupial did not take place, but the attempt was counted. pic.twitter.com/bd3uxjZsVQ
— Everything you need to know (@Everything65687) November 3, 2023
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
Last week, the AMPTP claimed they were making their “last, best and final offer” to SAG-AFTRA to end the 117-day-long strike, and the actors’ union took the weekend to consider it. And it sounds like the studios and the actors are pretty close … except for one pretty big sticking point: “The language currently in the AMPTP’s offer would see the studios and streamers secure the right to use scans of deceased performers without the consent of their estate or SAG-AFTRA.” THEY WANT TO OWN YOUR FACE AFTER YOU ARE DEAD WITHOUT YOUR ESTATE’S CONSENT. I mean, look, with any union dispute, for anyone outside the industry, it can be hard to follow the specific negotiating points. But I think we can all agree HOLLYWOOD SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OWN YOUR FACE AFTER YOU ARE DEAD. Insane.
So that Gen V season one finale! First of all, kudos on setting up both the new season of The Boys and a second season of Gen V. Sticking that kind of landing that gives runway for two separate shows is no easy feat.
But also THAT TWIST! I’m going to try to avoid as many spoilers as possible (though they will be all over the links I’m going to provide below), but … the entire season, not unlike The Boys in general, has been this very nuanced conversation about “good” and “evil” in a way that the traditional superhero franchises are just incapable of having, only to end the season by saying, “Yeah, none of your intentions and actions actually matter — what matters is who tells your story. They’ll be the ones who decide if you’re a ‘hero’ or not.” Genius. And important as we keep having to remind people that POLITICS MATTER AND WE HAVE A BINARY SYSTEM IN WHICH ONLY ONE PARTY ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT DEMOCRACY WHILE THE OTHER IS JUST GOING FULL FASCIST.
Sorry for screaming. Hey, did you vote today?
Uhhh thinking these may need to be updated… https://t.co/jbE8nRdNLi
— GEN V (@genv) November 6, 2023
As for those links I promised you:
- The Boys season 4 will pick up just days after Gen V‘s season 1 finale, which will be close to Election Day, according to executive producers Eric Kripke and Michele Fazekas. (They have a lot more to say than that, btw.)
- Collider explains how this season finale sets up season 2 of Gen V. And it’s not just about escaping you know where. And The A.V. Club explains how it sets up The Boys season 4.
- Here Michele Fazekas, the showrunner, discusses that ending, the fact that she doesn’t have any intention of exploring the story outside the confines of Godkin University, which characters she clearly thinks are still redeemable, and how the characters are still evolving. (Great job, Michele, genuinely.)
- A Reddit user has some questions about Emma’s powers:
- Uproxx outlines all the biggest WTF?! moments of that wild episode.
- CAN WE TALK ABOUT ANTONY STARR?
- And we have some lingering questions, possibly most pressing: just how powerful is Marie?
me driving by prime headquarters if they think they gon make us wait as long as we did for invincible for GenV s2 and The Boys s4
— met (@planetmet) November 3, 2023
— Rho 🌩 (@ohheyrho) November 3, 2023
HOLD UP: There are rumors that House of the Dragon is going to cut the character of Nettles and if this is true, I’m going to riot. NOT OK, GUYS.
Russell Brand and Warner Bros. are being sued by a woman who claims he sexually assaulted her on the set of the remake of Arthur. According to the woman, Brand exposed himself to her and then later assaulted her in a bathroom while a crew member stood guard outside the door. Gross.
This is wild: Abigail Breslin reportedly didn’t want to be left alone on set with her Classified co-star Aaron Eckhart because of his alleged aggressive and unprofessional behavior, and she is the one being sued by the studio for causing filming delays. UM, GUYS.
Steven Tyler is being sued by a woman who says he sexually assaulted her when she was 17 years old in 1975.
Emily Hampshire is sorry for dressing up as Johnny Depp for Halloween.
- Celebrity Race Across the World has been renewed at BBC for season 2.
- Apple TV+ is developing a Peanuts feature film.
Mark Your Calendars
- The Velveteen Rabbit debuts on Apple TV+ on November 22.
- Chrissy & Dave Dine Out will debut on Freeform on January 24.
- Slow Horses returns on Apple TV+ on November 29.
- Reacher will return on Prime Video on December 15.
- Good Trouble returns on Freeform on January 2.
- The Couple Next Door will debut on Starz in 2024.
“The Couple Next Door”
— Sam Heughan (@SamHeughan) November 6, 2023
- The Choice Is Yours will premiere on Paramount+ on November 21.
- Disney+ has released its holiday schedule.
- Dancing with the Stars on ABC will have a Taylor Swift night on November 21.
- The Floor will premiere on Fox on January 2.
- Murder in Boston: Roots, Rampage, and Reckoning will premiere on HBO on December 4.
- All of House will be available on Hulu starting today!
Pat E. Johnson, Stuntman and fight choreographer in the Karate Kid movies (he also played the referee)
Gary Martin, Longtime Sony Pictures executive
Dolly Parton: From Rhinestones to Rock and Roll: Dear ABC Press Team: Please release a simple one-page press release on all of your specials, news programs, and documentaries. I have an idea what this hour of television will be, but would like some confirmation and there is LITERALLY NOTHING on your press site or the internet in general to offer me any assistance in promoting YOUR SHOW. Seriously, get it together., Signed, Therese. 9 p.m., ABC
Stand Up and Shout: Songs from a Philly High School: This documentary follows a group of Philadelphian 10th graders as they participate in a songwriting contest following the isolation of the pandemic. Premiere. 8 p.m., HBO
Wipeout: Season premiere. 8 p.m., TBS
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Brian Cox, Maren Morris, Mickey Guyton, Brittney Spencer
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Rachel Maddow, Jeff Tweedy, Ms. Pat, Justin Faulkner
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Saint Harison; Announcement of the Sexiest Man Alive
- The Daily Show: Cat Bohannon, guest host Sarah Silverman
- Watch What Happens Live: Bravocon Live: Bravo’s Showgirls
|ABC||Dancing with the Stars
|Dolly Parton – From Rhinestones to Rock & Roll
|CW||Inside the NFL
|Whose Line Is It Anyway?
|Whose Line Is It Anyway?
|FOX||Name That Tune
|9-1-1: Lone Star