This dog lacks Christmas spirit:
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
"BAPPA PEEG" is my favorite line in anything this year, I walk around my home saying it to no one, and it is one billion percent ruder knowing it was improvised — my GOD https://t.co/Lf9we7uY47
— Caity Weaver (@caityweaver) December 7, 2022
The White Lotus finale airs on Sunday, and you know what that means: Someone is going to die. BUT WHO? Everyone has guesses:
And a thing to remember: in the first episode, Rocco notes that there have been “a few” guest deaths recently, which means it will certainly be at least two, possibly three of the characters we have gotten to know this season:
- Vanity Fair writers have a variety of suspected corpses
- Pajiba gives their odds on various characters
- Warming Glow has their ideas including “Chekov’s Jet Ski”
- The A.V. Club outlines some wild theories that might play out
- Haley Lu Richardson has her own theory: a Sicilian fisherman introduced in the final episode
- And here’s a clue that Harper was at least on the beach with Daphne before the body in the water was found. As to where she was when the body was found … that’s a whole other question.
Finally, remember to search for clues in the opening credits, the show loves to hide little Easter Eggs in there:
this image in the opener…the swan dress…is every major plot point depicted as a motif in the opener??? #WhiteLotus pic.twitter.com/08ejyPiWJb
— emma (@twee_rights) December 5, 2022
In any event, Mike White is correct: he should have been putting mystery bodies in all of his shows from the get-go.
Some answers about last week’s episode:
Who was that in the photo that Tanya found? GASP!
And did you notice the red light? What was THAT about?
And here the wonderful Sabrina Impacciatore discusses Valentina’s big moment in the previous episode. She’s been a revelation this season.
A few more White Lotus stories to get you excited about Sunday’s episode:
They cut a cameo by Lukas Gage in the coke party scene. I get why they did but still, it would have had people screaming.
fun fact: Lukas Gage was also there at the party but apparently they cut his cameo appearance (he was in a White Lotus season 1 outfit in a hallucination while Tanya's high)
— Jackson McHenry (@McHenryJD) December 5, 2022
Apparently, Mike White had a whole different concept for the second season until he did some scouting for sets and visited The San Domenico Palace, where he realized he needed to make the season about sex, adultery, and jealousy.
Portia’s White Lotus outfits pic.twitter.com/JISyhjU6xp
— the art of the steele (@S4MST33L3) December 5, 2022
The biggest scandal of the season: these people not eating outside of the hotel.
Why does everyone at The White Lotus eat at the hotel every night? YOU'RE IN ITALY!!!!!
— Sophie Vershbow (@svershbow) December 5, 2022
In a recent episode, Tanya told Portia, “When I see you, I… I see a younger version of me,” and yeah, Haley Lu Richardson does look like a young Jennifer Coolidge:
holy shit when jennifer coolidge says "you remind me of a young me" she was not fucking around at ALL #TheWhiteLotus pic.twitter.com/FkeYRMbxrK
— devon of nine (@dynamofire) December 5, 2022
The royal family is not the only one feeling defensive about the Harry & Meghan documentary. The BBC has come out to complain about the allegation that their engagement interview with Harry & Meghan was “orchestrated” and “rehearsed.” Of course, the documentary doesn’t say by whom the interview with “orchestrated” and “rehearsed.” They very well could have meant that they had to rehearse the interview with royal media handlers before being turned over to the BBC. ANYWAY.
Piers Morgan out here admitting that he was so obsessed with Meghan Markle that he forgot to wish his wife a happy birthday is … not the win he seems to think it is?
Meanwhile, the King and Queen Consort visited the Wrexham Football Club, and Rob McElhenny and Ryan Reynolds and I just never imagined a scenario in which someone involved with It’s Always Sunny would ever cross paths with the King of England. McElhenny’s Irish ancestors are rolling over in their graves.
Trevor Noah said goodbye to The Daily Show last night and paid tribute to Black women in a slightly tearful coda:
Last night was Kelli Giddish’s last episode of Law & Order: SVU:
More shakeups at Warner Bros. Discovery, but PLOT TWIST, this time Discovery channel heads have been cut. Also, the guy in charge of original programming at CNN is out. Someone needs to hire the genius who gave us Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy.
Also, if you never got around to watching Gordita Chronicles on HBO Max, you better do so before they pull it from the streamer. They’re just monsters over there.
A quick update on the GMA T.J. Holmes/Amy Robach situation: Gayle King called it “sloppy” and “messy” and she ain’t wrong. The question is will ABC fire them? Because lawyers agree that they are well within their rights to do so. They may not want to, considering how it helped the ratings …
Look at Amber Riley out here speaking truth about Lea Michele.
WHY OH WHY WON’T REPUBLICANS VOTE BY MAIL? IT’S A MYSTERY FOR THE AGES!
For whatever reason! pic.twitter.com/oyQQsovvjy
— The Recount (@therecount) December 8, 2022
Stay healthy, Al!
- The Bastard Son & The Devil Himself has been canceled after one season on Netflix.
- Survival From Above will not be moving forward at Roku.
- Amigos, a multicam comedy about six Latino friends, is being developed for NBC.
- Citizen Jane, a cold case drama series, is being developed at CBS.
- For Justice, a crime drama, and The Pact, a medical drama, are both in development at CBS.
- 12 Rocks in a Box, a dramedy about a woman obsessed with true-crime, is in development at HBO Max.
- A sequel series to the film City of God, is in the works at HBO Max.
- 100 Days to Indy has been acquired by The CW.
- The Destroyer book series is being adapted into a TV series by a Better Call Saul writer-producer.
- Luke Wilson and Annie Murphy have joined the cast of Fingernails on Apple TV+.
- Matt Damon and Casey Affleck will star in The Instigators on Apple TV+.
- Barbara Starr, CNN’s Pentagon reporter for over 20 years, has announced she is leaving the network.
Mark Your Calendar
- White House Plumbers will debut on HBO in March.
- Paul T. Goldman will premiere on Peacock on January 1. It’s a true-crime (Or “true-crime”) documentary from Jason Woliner, the director of Borat 2, so buckle up.
- Hunters will return on Prime Video on January 13.
- This Place Rules will premiere on HBO on December 30.
- Sherri Papini: Lies, Lies and More Lies debuts on Oxygen on December 17.
- Carpool Karaoke: The Series returns on Apple TV+ today.
- Kold x Windy will premiere on WE tv on January 5.
- Love & Marriage: D.C. returns on OWN on January 21.
- Grails: When Sneakers Change the Game will premiere on Hulu on December 14.
- Koala Man will debut on Hulu on January 1.
- Nate Bargatze: Hello World debuts on Prime Video on January 31.
Helen Slayton-Hughes, Actress on Parks and Recreation, Single Parents, Fresh Off the Boat, The Middle, New Girl, Parenthood, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Burning Love, Raising Hope, Desperate Housewives, True Blood, My Name Is Earl, Arrested Development, That’s So Raven, The West Wing, Malcolm in the Middle, NYPD Blue, and Nash Bridges among others
Gary Friedkin, Actor on Happy Days, The Twilight Zone, Return of the Jedi, and others
Barbara “Babs” Thore, Star of My Big Fabulous Life
Ronnie Turner, Son of Tina and Ike Turner
Norman Pattiz, Founder of Westwood One Radio Network
Idina Menzel: Which Way to the Stage?: This documentary follows Tony-award-winning Broadway actress
Adele Dazeem Idina Menzel as she tours the country in preparation for a concert at Madison Square Garden. Premiere. Disney+
Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area Part 2: Season two. Netflix
Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio: Guillermo del Toro reimagines the classic puppet-come-to-lief story in this new film. Premiere. Netflix
S.W.A.T.: Violence erupts at a food truck festival in the fall finale. 7 p.m., CBS
Fire Country: Vince’s judgment is compromised by a dangerous rescue. Fall finale. 8 p.m., CBS
Whose Line Is It Anyway?: Fall finale. 8 p.m., The CW
Blue Bloods: Frank and the mayor butt heads over an off-duty cop. Fall finale. 9 p.m., CBS
Saturday Night Live: Steve Martin and Martin Short with musical guest Brandi Carlisle 10:30 p.m., NBC
Serial Killer Capital: Baton Rouge: This new series examines the 12 years between 1992 and 2004 when more than three dozen women were brutally murdered in the Baton Rouge area, and law enforcement grappled with the mystery of whether or not they had multiple serial killers. Series premiere. 8 p.m., Oxygen
Amsterdam: Christian Bale, Margot Robbie, and John David Washington star in this David O. Russell film as three friends who find themselves in the center of a murder mystery in the 1930s. The supporting cast is bonkers: Chris Rock, Anya Taylor-Joy, Zoe Saldaña, Mike Myers, Michael Shannon, Timothy Olyphant, Andrea Riseborough, Taylor Swift, Matthias Schoenaerts, Alessandro Nivola, Rami Malek, and Robert De Niro. 7 p.m., HBO
The White Lotus: Not sure what is going to happen except that SOMEONE is going to die. Maybe multiple SOMEONE’S. Season finale. 8 p.m., HBO
National Tree Lighting: The National Parks Service lights up the Christmas tree in the 100th celebration of the annual tradition. 7 p.m., CBS
Family Law: Nina discovers she is not her father’s biological daughter in the fall finale. PLOT TWIST. 7 p.m., The CW
The Simpsons: Coach Moe teaches Nelson the art of hockey goonery. Fall finale. 7 p.m., Fox
The Great North: Moon rescues a reindeer. Fall finale. 7:30 p.m., Fox
Bob’s Burgers: Bob and Linda try to attend all three kids’ Christmas performances. Fall finale. 8 p.m., Fox
Family Guy: Stewie and Doug compete for snack captain in the fall finale. 8:30 p.m., Fox
Must Love Christmas: A romance novelist finds herself in a love triangle with her childhood crush and a reporter in this new holiday rom-com. Premiere. 8 p.m., CBS
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (Friday): Miley Cyrus, Jesse Williams, Mary Mack
|CW||Penn & Teller: Fool Us
|Whose Line Is It Anyway?
|Whose Line Is It Anyway?
|FOX||Friday Night Smackdown||Local|
|NBC||Lopez vs. Lopez
|CBS||Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer||Frosty the Snowman||Frosty Returns||48 Hours||News/Local|
|CW||Criss Angel’s Magic With The Stars
|World’s Funniest Animals
|World’s Funniest Animals
|Saturday Night Live
|Saturday Night Live
(Steve Martin and Martin Short with Belinda Carlisle)
|ABC||America’s Funniest Home Videos
|Celebrity Wheel of Fortune
|CBS||60 Minutes||National Christmas Tree Lighting: Celebrating 100 Years
|Must Love Christmas
|The CW||Local||Family Law
|The Great North
|NBC||Sunday Night Football