SASSY SEAL IS SASSY.
When you’re trying to finish up at work & the seal blocks the dock then mocks you 🤣😂🤣 this is my daughter #pnw #upperleftcorner #wildlife #sealife #funnyvideos #washington #fyp #makeherfamous #monkeyseemonkeydo #water #boats #boatlife #harborseal #anacorteswashington
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
I was traveling this weekend, and when I travel, I tend to binge a series, especially while I’m flying. This weekend’s series was Mike Flanagan’s The Midnight Club on Netflix. I was a little hesitant as it is based on a young adult series, which isn’t really my jam. But, on the other hand, it is a Flanagan horror series, and it turns out I am helpless in the face of this very specific genre.
Like all of Flanagan’s other Netflix series (The Haunting of Hill House; The Haunting of Bly Manor; Midnight Mass) the series suffers from some ham-fisted sentimentality and cheesiness, a lot of big ideas that he doesn’t entirely have a grasp of, and it’s more therapy than it is actual horror (although it could be argued that this is exactly what makes it scary). But damned if I didn’t become completely absorbed and deeply moved by it.
Three sentence recap: A bunch of dying teens live in a mysterious hospice in Northern California which may or may not have healing properties. They form a club where they share scary stories, and a promise to send a message from the Great Beyond if they are the first to die. Also, there’s a cult.
Yeah so, like, I just finished episode 7 of The Midnight Club and I'm honestly tired of making jokes about Mike Flanagan needing to pay for my therapy.
This man is eating up my life force and I can't get enough apparently. pic.twitter.com/wxCX84cHeX
— Earl (@EarlMarrowIV) October 12, 2022
Also, Elliott from E.T. plays a dangerous hitchhiker named “Freedom Jack.”
The Midnight Club with a chilling reminder why we do NOT pick up hitchhikers — even if they're Henry Thomas. pic.twitter.com/wne7sbf9G5
— Netflix (@netflix) October 15, 2022
As opposed to his other series, The Midnight Club could possibly be renewed for additional seasons — in fact, season one ends on a bit of a cliffhanger — and Flanagan suggests he already knows what a second season would look like.
For those of you who have watched the series, an important question that I still haven’t answered for myself: did the ritual work? DO NOT CLICK THE CLICKY IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED, IT HAS ALL THE SPOILERS.
And (again, huge spoilers in this link) the ballerina? Here’s an interesting theory.
And finally, one of Midnight Club‘s major characters, Doctor Stanton who runs the hospice, is played by Heather Langenkamp, better known as Nancy from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. She’s wonderful in this series, and says that it’s the best role she’s had since Elm Street.
me sitting down to watch the midnight club despite having not emotionally or mentally recovered from midnight mass, bly manor, or hill house pic.twitter.com/6hGgKXbG64
— el (@ELORAETC) October 7, 2022
This weekend, BravoCon was held in New York City (there is plenty of show, casting, and dates news below), and Variety has a good roundup of some of the more gossipy news from the event if you love you some Housewives. That said, some of the DRAMA took place away from the convention floor: After telling E! News that she was tired of all the drama involved with her sister-in-law Teresa Giudice, Melissa Gorga got into a fight with Jennifer Aydin in a hotel lobby, which ended, in typical Housewife fashion with Aydin throwing a glass of ice water on Gorga.
Jennifer Aydin throws drink at Joe Gorga in NYC Bravocon 2022 pic.twitter.com/o8N2yjbgL1
— Aria Potter (@Aria_Potter1) October 16, 2022
You can’t take these ladies anywhere.
And Yolanda Hadid opened up about how much her mental health suffered while filming Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. And I am CERTAIN that this interview has nothing to do with the fact that Hadid has inspired a whole conversation on TikTok about so-called “Almond Moms,” based on the way she policed her daughters’ eating habits when she was on the show.
Netflix has postponed a documentary about Harry and Meghan so that it won’t coincide with the season five premiere of The Crown. This comes after days and days of negative front-page tabloid stories in the U.K. about The Crown, speculating on what will be in this season (which will cover Diana’s death), and complaining that it is TOO SOON after Queen Elizabeth’s death. Yes, well, I suppose they could wait until the spring and time it up with Charles’ coronation, would that be better?
Rob Lowe credits hosting Saturday Night Live in 1990 for keeping his career alive. (Funny how this article never mentions the infamous 1988 sex tape with a 16-year-old as being one of the things that had derailed his career at that point.)
I don’t know about Guy Fieri hosting an entire episode of SNL, but I would enjoy him doing a “Weekend Update” cameo, maybe.
Be prepared to lose the basic tier on Netflix when the ad-supported one comes online next month.
Dikembe Mutombo, get well soon. Kick cancer’s ass.
- Grimsburg has been renewed for a second season ahead of its premiere on Fox.
- Below Deck Sailing Yacht has been renewed for a fourth season, and Below Deck Mediterranean for an eighth on Bravo. Below Deck Down Under has been renewed for a second season on Peacock.
- Luann and Sonja: Welcome to Crappie Lake is in the works at Bravo.
- Litvinenko will be coming to AMC+ and Sundance Now.
- Marie Antoinette, an eight-part series, has been acquired by PBS.
- The Rise and Fall of Boris Becker has been ordered for ITVX.
- Deadline: Special Report, an interview series from Nicole Wallace, is coming to Peacock.
- Getting Away With It, a book about the U.K. magazine Loaded, is being adapted into a TV series for Channel 4.
- Jason Kim has signed an overall deal with 20th Television and Onyx Collective.
- Joel McHale will star in Animal Control on Fox.
- Julianne Moore will star in Mary & George on AMC and Sky.
- Jack Harlow will host and be the musical guest on the October 29 episode of Saturday Night Live.
- Hannah New has joined the cast of Bridgerton on Netflix.
- Marin Ireland has joined Sinking Spring on Apple TV+.
- Yvonne Senat Jones has been added to the cast of The Crossover on Disney+.
- Guy Burnet, Luca Diaz, and Daniella Pineda have been cast in Western on Freevee.
- “Fashion blogger and Scout the City owner Sai De Silva, model and philanthropist Ubah Hassan, home renovation and design firm owner Erin Dana Lichy, fashion industry veteran Jenna Lyons, influencer and activist Lizzy Savetsky, fashion publicist Jessel Taank and brand marketing and communications professional Brynn Whitfield” are your new Real Housewives of New York City on Bravo.
- Vicki Gunvalson will make cameos on The Real Housewives of Orange County on Bravo.
Mark Your Calendar
- A Christmas Story Christmas will debut on HBO Max on November 17.
- Tulsa King will premiere on Paramount+ on November 13.
- The Real Housewives of Miami returns on Peacock on December 8.
- Becoming Abi will debut on Netflix on October 28.
- Once Upon a Time in Londongrad debuts on Peacock on November 15.
- Wild Is the Wind will premiere on Netflix on October 28.
- Terror Train debuts on Tubi on October 21.
- HBO premiered this teaser for 2023 releases, including Succession:
- The Crown returns on Netflix on November 5.
- Ghosts will have a one-hour holiday special on CBS on December 15.
- The Soul Train Awards will air on BET on November 13.
- Dr. Seuss Baking Challenge will debut on Prime Video on December 13.
- Savage X Fenty Show Vol. 4 will premiere on Prime Video on November 9.
- Family Karma returns on Bravo on November 6.
- Mickey Mouse Funhouse returns on Disney Channel on November 4.
- Southern Hospitality will premiere on Bravo on November 28.
- Fit for Christmas will premiere on CBS on December 4; Must Love Christmas on December 11; When Christmas Was Young on December 18.
Robbie Coltrane, Legendary actor in countless roles, but will be remembered as Hagrid in the Harry Potter films
Daniel Radcliffe in a statement: “Robbie was one of the funniest people I’ve met and used to keep us laughing constantly as kids on the set. I’ve especially fond memories of him keeping our spirits up on Prisoner of Azkaban, when we were all hiding from the torrential rain for hours in Hagrid’s hut and he was telling stories and cracking jokes to keep morale up. I feel incredibly lucky that I got to meet and work with him and very sad that he’s passed. He was an incredible actor and a lovely man.”
One of my fondest memories of filming Harry Potter was a night shoot on the first film in the forbidden forest. I was 12. Robbie cared & looked after everyone around of him. Effortlessly. And made them laugh. Effortlessly. pic.twitter.com/eQA5v1YCm8
— Tom Felton (@TomFelton) October 14, 2022
I'll never know anyone remotely like Robbie again. He was an incredible talent, a complete one off, and I was beyond fortunate to know him, work with him and laugh my head off with him. I send my love and deepest condolences to his family, above all his children. pic.twitter.com/tzpln8hD9z
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) October 14, 2022
I hope it’s OK to spout memories: I used to ride with Robbie Coltrane between Manchester and London in his sort-of-restored MGA. I’d roll him cigarettes while he discoursed on the ways of the world, and I don’t think I’ve ever laughed or learned so much in my life.
— Hugh Laurie (@hughlaurie) October 14, 2022
I first met Robbie Coltrane almost exactly 40 years ago. I was awe/terror/love struck all at the same time. Such depth, power & talent: funny enough to cause helpless hiccups & honking as we made our first TV show, “Alfresco”. Farewell, old fellow. You’ll be so dreadfully missed
— Stephen Fry (@stephenfry) October 14, 2022
Robbie Coltrane’s passing is a tragic loss to the world. He was an exceptional actor whose talent knew no bounds. He was beloved to Bond audiences as Valentin Zukovsky in GOLDENEYE and THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH as well as to millions who saw him in his multitude of roles. (1/2) pic.twitter.com/hrEXPMN8UJ
— James Bond (@007) October 14, 2022
Ted White, Stuntman and actor who played Jason Voorhees in one Friday the 13th film
Antonio Dennard, Former NFL player
Joyce Sims, Singer
Noel Duggan, Founding member of the band Clannad
Max Woodward, Producer for the Kennedy Center
Maria Salud Ramirez Caballero, The woman who inspired “Mama Coco” in the Pixar film, Coco
The Vow: The second season of this docuseries explores the federal trial against NXIVM cult leader Keith Raniere, including interviews with Raniere himself and his partner Nancy Salzman. 8 p.m., HBO
Clue: A classic. Educate your children. 8:45 p.m., Flix
Rising Against Asian Hate: An exploration of the fight against hate crimes against Asian-Americans following the horrific March 2021 spa massacre, and the rash of violent assaults in the aftermath of the pandemic. 9 p.m., PBS
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Amy Schumer; Charlamagne Tha God; Run The Jewels
- The Daily Show: TBA
|ABC||Bachelor in Paradise
|The Good Doctor
|Bob ♥ Abishola
|All American: Homecoming
|The Cleaning Lady