You never knew you needed Mariachi ducks in your life until this very moment.
— why you should have a duck 🦆 (@shouldhaveaduck) July 6, 2022
All Other TV News
Listen, the UK, I just want to say thanks. We've had a terrible few weeks here in the US and watching Boris Johnson get metaphorically kicked in the nuts for 24 straight hours has really cheered a lot of us up.
— Maureen Johnson (@maureenjohnson) July 6, 2022
Let me preface this by saying that I don’t really understand the British parliamentarian rules or anything about how their system works. But from what I understand, after months of controversies and lies and scandals, Boris Johnson’s conservative Tory party has had enough of his foolishness and finally pressured him to step down as Prime Minister.
After he barely survived a no-confidence vote a few weeks ago, it was revealed that Johnson knew that a man who he had appointed to a powerful position had been accused by multiple people — men and women — of being a gropey groper who gropes (appropriately enough, his name was “Chris Pincher”). This turned out to be the final straw for the Tories. During a hearing yesterday, literally dozens of Tories resigned from their appointments to pressure Boris Johnson to step down. Previously, the record for the most resignations in Parliament in a 24 hour period had been 6. Yesterday, some 52 Tories resigned. Johnson resisted! But as of this morning, he finally said he would leave … in the fall. Whether or not they can get him out of 10 Downing Street before that remains to be seen.
Just touching base – we feel the time is right for a press conference.
We have some experience with this sort of thing…
— Four Seasons Total Landscaping (@TotalSeasons) July 6, 2022
Hugh Grant requested that some activists with speakers stationed outside 10 Downing Street play some “Yakety Sax” while the news is covering this whole kerfuffle:
Morning @snb19692 Glad you have your speakers back. Do you by any chance have the Benny Hill music to hand?
— Hugh Grant (@HackedOffHugh) July 7, 2022
— Steve Bray Activist Against Brexit +Corrupt Tories (@snb19692) July 7, 2022
And the result was sheer perfection:
“THE BENNY HILL THEME TUNE” IS BEING BLASTED OUT ON SKY NEWS. pic.twitter.com/N06wBwcoZl
— Scott Bryan (@scottygb) July 7, 2022
THANK YOU, HUGH GRANT, YOU ARE A GENIUS.
Meanwhile, on this side of the pond:
Fox & Friends obliviously criticizing Boris Johnson for being untrustworthy, refusing to leave office, creating chaos, and mishandling Covid — after years of running interference for you know who — is pretty rich pic.twitter.com/ddyPyri968
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) July 7, 2022
So. When are we going to learn who our Jeopardy! host going to be? The best guess is at the end of this season, which will be at the end of the month, but stayed tuned.
A 22-year-old horse died on the set of The Gilded Age and PETA is ALL OVER IT.
Potsie is running for mayor of Ojai, and the Fonz supports him:
You have my vote https://t.co/mU27HPLa2I
— Henry Winkler (@hwinkler4real) July 6, 2022
After playing her on Saturday Night Live, Chloe Fineman was gifted an original piece of art by Anna Delvey.
No, Kesha did not have sex with a ghost. That said …
- Evil has been renewed at Paramount+ for a fourth season (hooray!).
- The Ms. Pat Show has been renewed for a third season on BET.
- Holmes Family Rescue has been renewed for a second season on HGTV.
- Collector’s Call has been renewed for a fourth season on MeTV.
- The Duffer Brothers have created a production company: Upside Down Pictures. They are currently working on a spin-off of Stranger Things; an adaptation of The Talisman; and a live-action adaptation of Death Note.
- A wedding comedy starring Will Ferrell and Reese Witherspoon has been bought at Amazon.
- Billionaire Class, a drama series, is being developed at Fox.
- The National Treasure series at Disney+ is officially titled National Treasure: Edge of History.
- Get Lifted Film Co., John Legend’s production company, has signed an overall deal with NBCUniversal.
- Jerrod Carmichael has signed a two-year overall deal with HBO.
- Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio are joining the cast of Echo on Disney+.
- Eleanor Tomlinson has been cast in One Day on Netflix.
- P.J. Byrne has joined The Big Cigar on Apple TV+.
- Yvonne Chapman is returning to Kung Fu on The CW.
- Pat Healy is replacing Don Harvey on Better Call Saul on AMC.
- Patricia Alliso is not returning on Sex Education on Netflix.
Mark Your Calendars
- Better Call Saul returns on AMC on July 11.
- The Rehearsal will debut on HBO Max on July 15.
- grown-ish returns on Freeform on July 20.
- Luck will debut on Apple TV+ on August 5.
- Victoria’s Secret: Angels and Demons premieres on Hulu on July 14.
- Celebrity Beef will premiere on E! on August 2.
- Aliens, Abductions and UFOs: Roswell at 75 is now streaming on Tubi.
- Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal returns on Adult Swim on July 21 and HBO Max on July 22.
- Naked and Afraid XL: Frozen premieres on Discovery on July 31.
- Light & Magic will premiere on Disney+ on July 27.
James Caan, Legendary actor and one of the stars of The Godfather, Misery, Thief, Brian’s Song and Elf
It is with great sadness that we inform you of the passing of Jimmy on the evening of July 6.
The family appreciates the outpouring of love and heartfelt condolences and asks that you continue to respect their privacy during this difficult time.
End of tweet
— James Caan (@James_Caan) July 7, 2022
Rest In Peace James Caan. There are so many movies of his I love, The Godfather films of course being at the very top, but here are a few more I adore (Thief in particular was a Gunn family classic – I had the poster on my wall in high school). 🙏❤️ pic.twitter.com/mhrtGMzB0S
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) July 7, 2022
So sorry to hear the news. I loved working with him. And the only Jew I knew who could calf rope with the best of them. Love to the family.
— Rob Reiner (@robreiner) July 7, 2022
James Caan swooping in during the flashback scene at the end of The Godfather Part II is one of the all-time great star reveals. You can practically hear the audience cheering. RIP to a real one. https://t.co/6sNDLyOwHX
— James Urbaniak (@JamesUrbaniak) July 7, 2022
Very sad to hear the news that James Caan has died. Heartbroken for his family & his friends. Wonderful to know him & call him a pal. Jimmy was so supportive of Gary Sinise Foundation & my work w/ our veterans. He will be missed. Thank you my friend. Rest In Peace. God bless you pic.twitter.com/BJYJkSepOW
— Gary Sinise (@GarySinise) July 7, 2022
I once passed James Caan in the commissary at Paramount Pictures. He looked me over in my Data makeup and uniform and uttered just one word, “Working?” Honored. RIP
— Brent Spiner (@BrentSpiner) July 7, 2022
James Caan. Loved him very much. Always wanted to be like him. So happy I got to know him. Never ever stopped laughing when I was around that man. His movies were best of the best. We all will miss him terribly. Thinking of his family and sending my love. pic.twitter.com/a0q8rCP1Yl
— Adam Sandler (@AdamSandler) July 7, 2022
— Cary Elwes (@Cary_Elwes) July 7, 2022
RIP James Caan. Shocked. Was lucky enough, after a lifetime of loving his work, to get to work with him and I loved him as a person even more. Funny, warm, self-deprecating, and effortlessly talented. They say never meet your heroes, but he proved that to be very very wrong
— Andy Richter (@AndyRichter) July 7, 2022
Alexander ‘AJ’ Jennings, A stand-in for Chase Stokes on Outer Banks
Takahashi Kazuki, Creator of Yu-Gi-Oh
Bryan Marchment, Former NHL player
Manny Charlton, Founding guitarist of the band Nazareth
Black Bird: Taron Egerton stars in this new drama as a drug dealer tasked with eliciting a confession from an alleged serial killer. Series premiere. Discovery+
Moonhaven: The guy who created Lodge 49 tries his hand at sci-fi in this new dystopian drama. Premiere. AMC+
Press Your Luck: Season premiere. 7 p.m., ABC
Generation Gap: Kelly Ripa hosts this new game show based on the Jimmy Kimmel Live! game, in which grandparents and grandkids answer pop culture questions. Series premiere. 8 p.m., ABC
Fatal Flaw: Basically, it’s Jenga, but with piles of stuff. I think. Series premiere. 9 p.m., ABC
Good Trouble: Davia tells Dennis how she feels in the season premiere. 9 p.m., ABC
The Boys: Season finale already. Somehow. Prime Video
|United States of Al
|NBC||Law & Order
|Law & Order: SVU
|Law & Order: Organized Crime