Polite elephants are polite.
Elephant says thank you after the herd crossed the road.. 🙏 pic.twitter.com/ZDE0ufxKPH
— Buitengebieden (@buitengebieden_) April 17, 2022
All Other TV News
We are a month away from Upfronts when the networks announce their fall schedules, and there are a number of series (about 39, depending on how you count) that have not been renewed. Deadline has sorted through which series will probably return and which are in danger of being canceled, with the 18 shows below the most at risk.
If you could choose only one show to save, which would it be?
MAKE THE SALLY DRAPER SPIN-OFF SERIES.
Listen, this is not going to surprise you if you’ve watched the series, but it sounds like the producers of Netflix’s The Ultimatum lied about at least one cast member’s age. I find this completely insane because as a viewer, I’m much more sympathetic towards a woman who has entered into her thirties who is ready to get married than a bunch of 23-year-olds. But who am I (other than their target demographic), right?
How do you all feel about this? #theultimatum #netflix #popculture #newswithcami
Seriously, though, give me more of this show but with the youngest member being 35. Do you want real drama? Cast women who want babies, have been with their boyfriends for five years and are nearing 40.
And this article has some interesting information about the production of The Ultimatum, and the casting process, etc. (once you get past the initial story about which cast member isn’t on the group chat anymore). It has plenty of spoilers, though, so proceed only if you’ve binged the whole thing.
Jensen Ackles has stuff to say about the upcoming Winchesters spinoff if you’re interested.
Fox News is particularly insane this week.
Exhibit A: In a new special, Tucker Carlson is encouraging men to “tan their testicles” on some sort of Tesla charging pad to boost their testosterone levels, because a drop in testosterone levels is the number one source of society’s ills or something. Anyway, you’ve got to watch the promo. Trust me.
I promise you are not prepared for Tucker's latest montage pic.twitter.com/8tdvYTW2cn
— nikki mccann ramírez (@NikkiMcR) April 16, 2022
I am sitting here next to my gay husband living my gay life reading a gay novel as research for my new gay book…and yet I am not and will never be as gay as whatever is haunting Tucker Carlson's fantasies. https://t.co/wU05PVIrfG
— Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) April 16, 2022
"hormone therapy for trans people is bad but i want to tan my balls to make me feel like a big man" – tucker carlson https://t.co/sdsjE0nwGA
— Aurora 🏳️⚧️ (@SpectralAurora_) April 18, 2022
tucker carlson's latest promo but with righteous gemstones clips instead pic.twitter.com/gTEqvOJ5Gu
— John Whitehouse+ (@existentialfish) April 18, 2022
Exhibit B: ~blink … blink~
Jeanine complains about not knowing if any undocumented immigrants are alcoholics pic.twitter.com/3g7DQaznxj
— Acyn (@Acyn) April 15, 2022
Have you heard the good news? Succession season four scripts are almost complete.
Satire is failing in the current hellscape:
Infowars is declaring bankruptcy
so that Alex Jones can hide his money from the Sandy Hook victims he terrorized.
Get well soon, CNN’s Richard Roth.
- Basketball Wives has been renewed for a tenth season on VH1.
- The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder has been renewed for a second season on Disney+.
- Exploding Kittens is being turned into an animated series at Netflix.
- Ione Skye has joined the cast of Beef on Netflix.
- KJ Apa and Isabel May will star in Wonder Twins on HBO Max.
- Benedict Cumberbatch will host Saturday Night Live with musical guest Arcade Fire on May 7.
- Wilmer Valderrama is threatening to make an appearance on That ’90s Show on Netflix.
- Janet Fielding and Sophie Aldred will guest star on Doctor Who on BBC America.
- Thomas Cocquerel will not be returning to The Gilded Age on HBO.
Mark Your Calendar
- I Love That for You begins streaming on April 29 and arrives on Showtime on May 1.
- The Future Diary returns on Netflix on May 17.
- Goedam 2 comes to Netflix later this year.
- After Jackie will debut on the History Channel on June 18.
- Mom Genes premieres on Netflix on May 8.
- black-ish: A Celebration will air right after the black-ish finale on April 19.
Liz Sheridan, Actress best-known as Jerry Seinfeld’s mom on Seinfeld. Two Seinfeld moms in two weeks …
Liz was always the sweetest, nicest TV mom a son could wish for. Every time she came on our show it was the coziest feeling for me. So lucky to have known her. pic.twitter.com/ae9TDHQILU
— Jerry Seinfeld (@JerrySeinfeld) April 15, 2022
"How could anyone not like you?"
Rest in peace, Liz Sheridan. pic.twitter.com/FxQtBjIYpK
— Seinfeld (@SeinfeldTV) April 15, 2022
Christopher Coover, Appraiser on Antiques Roadshow
Wendy Rieger, Anchor and reporter for NBC 4 Washington
Rio Del Valle Hackford, Actor and club owner who appeared in The Mandalorian, Pam & Tommy, and Treme among many others
Jay Binder, TV and Broadway casting director
Patrick Carlin, Actor, writer and brother of George Carlin
Elizabeth Harris Aitken, Mother of actor Jared Harris and ex-wife of famous actors and cousins Richard Harris and Rex Harris
Art Rupe, One of rock ‘n’ roll’s first producers
Better Call Saul: Jimmy and Kim hatch a plan on the long-awaited final season premiere. 8 p.m., AMC
Office Space: Yeahhhh … about those TPS reports … 7 p.m., Epix Drive-In
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Sam Rockwell, Pamela Adlon, Gang of Youths
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Jordan Klepper, Aric Improta
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Julia Roberts, Wilco
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Camila Cabello, Daisy Edgar-Jones, Pedro Pascal, Toni Cornell
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Kaley Cuoco, Giancarlo Esposito, Orville Peck
- The Daily Show: TBA
- Watch What Happens Live: Michael Bublé, Camryn Manheim
|The Good Doctor
|Bob ♥ Abishola
|All American: Homecoming
|9-1-1: Lone Star
|NBC||American Song Contest
One thought on “These 18 shows are in danger of being canceled. If you could only save one, which would you choose?”
They can all go, as far as I’m concerned. Bye, Felicia.