Sure, Huskies are criminally adorable when they’re puppies …
Puppy head tilts.. 😊 pic.twitter.com/F49xVcgDc2
— Buitengebieden (@buitengebieden_) January 22, 2022
But the next thing you know, your living room sounds like this. (SOUND ON. FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN HANDLE IT.)
Cleaning the house with some huskies around..
Better to turn the sound off.. 😂 pic.twitter.com/hDg5PF9C7E
— Buitengebieden (@buitengebieden_) January 22, 2022
All Other TV News
Look. I know it is hypocritical of me, a person who freaked out every time Former President Wiped His Ass with the First Amendment attacked the press (which was every other goddamned day, in case you forgot), thinks it’s funny that President Biden called Fox News’ Peter Doocy a “stupid son of a bitch” on a hot mic, but here we are. I’m pleased President Biden apologized, in large part for the sanctity of the office itself. But do I think he was wrong? Lol, nope.
But you know what is a terrible take?
Have we ever seen a President attack and malign the free press like Joe Biden has??
— Jim Banks (@RepJimBanks) January 24, 2022
And let’s all be honest: there’s a huge difference between calling a dumb reporter who asks dumb questions dumb, and calling the entirety of the Fourth Estate “the enemy of the people.” One of those things encourages serious — and sometimes acted upon — death threats and undermines the public’s faith in an institution that is designed to hold powerful people to account. The other is calling Doocy stupid.
As predicted, Amy Schneider stands second to only Ken Jennings now. So how does Jeopardy! keep winning streaks secret for so long? It’s basically just on an honor system between the contestants and the show. However, when one is on a winning streak, it makes things … weird … thanks to the time between when the episodes taped and when they aired.
Laura Ingraham is handling SNL‘s impersonation of her with grace and class. J/K J/K J/K.
Ingraham does an impression of Kate McKinnon doing an impression of her pic.twitter.com/MRomgXVulU
— Acyn (@Acyn) January 25, 2022
Every right wing media grifter who is parodied on SNL posts something dismissive about whoever is playing them but what they're really doing is bragging that they're important enough to be parodied on SNL.
— Schooley (@Rschooley) January 24, 2022
Kate is doing a comedy sketch. It's not her job to be evenhanded in her commentary, it's yours as a supposed news anchor.
— Demorants (@demorants) January 25, 2022
Tell me an SNL sketch struck a nerve without telling me an SNL sketch struck a nerve. Lol. She'd have been better off just pretending she didn't even see it.
— CodyWitt86 (@TruCompetition) January 25, 2022
Kate McKinnon is amazingly talented, but she could never be as cringey as Laura. https://t.co/kRuorFhKSm
— Khashoggi’s Ghost (@UROCKlive1) January 25, 2022
So, maybe everyone was a little too quick to report that the King of the Hill reboot was definitely on. But if it does happen, it will involve a 15-year time jump.
Peter Dinklage thinks HBO should move on from Game of Thrones and do something new. LOL, OK, SURE, PETE. He also has some thoughts on Disney’s planned live-action Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, and they aren’t positive, Bob.
Dick Vitale is sitting out the rest of the basketball season to rest up for vocal surgery.
James Snyder, the star of Broadway’s Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, has been fired for misconduct following a complaint from his co-star Diane Davis.
Queen Latifah has finally spoken out about Equalizer co-star Chris Noth and the allegations against him. “It’s still surreal. It is such a dicey, delicate situation that requires a great deal of respect. That’s a personal thing that he’s going to have to deal with.” She continued, “Chris’s character’s obviously a big part of the show and it was amazing chemistry, amazing chemistry. And my feeling is justice has to prevail regardless. I just want the right things to be done, you know?”
Danny Masterson’s victims do NOT have to take their cases in front of a religious arbitration panel run by the Church of Scientology after all. The California Court of Appeal ruled that the women have a First Amendment right to leave the church and can not be bound in perpetuity to an arbitration agreement they signed with the cult years ago. GOOD. AND IT’S RIDICULOUS THAT THIS HAD TO BE LITIGATED IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY. (Frankly, most, if not all arbitration agreements are bullshit, but don’t tell my corporate lawyer husband I said so.)
I don’t know if Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly are trolling us or not with this engagement ring, but if it really is designed to hurt her if she takes it off … girl, you need to talk to Evan Rachel Wood before you marry this asshole …
This is an interesting article about the 2001 film Jeepers Creepers and whether it was based on a true story or not. Except, it’s not really about that at all? Instead, it becomes an exploration of Jeepers Creepers‘ director, Victor Salva, who was a convicted child rapist who continued to work in the business for years with the support of his powerful friends. It’s a reminder of how far we’ve come but also how depraved the business was before brave people came forward en masse to expose abusers of all stripes.
BAFTA will not hand out any honorary prizes this year, in the wake of the whole Noel Clarke mess from last year.
In the wake of Joss Whedon’s disastrous interview in which he took no real responsibility for his actions, Charisma Carpenter and Ray Fisher reached out in support of each other:
— charisma carpenter (@AllCharisma) January 18, 2022
#IStandWithCharismaCarpenter who (like this “bad actor in both senses”) has no agency in determining matters of abuse or race, but for the influence of a White male shadow puppeteer.@NYMag and @lilapearl should be ashamed for regurgitating this nonsense.
— Ray Fisher (@ray8fisher) January 18, 2022
- Ghosts has been renewed for a second season on CBS.
- Bob ♥ Abishola has been renewed for season four on CBS.
- The Neighborhood has been renewed for a fifth season on CBS>
- Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol has been canceled at Peacock after one season.
- Black Monday has been canceled at Showtime after three seasons.
- American Rust has been canceled at Showtime after one season.
- Maggie, a comedy that was originally set to air on ABC, is being moved to Hulu instead.
- White House Doctor, a drama series produced by Alyssa Milano, has been given a script commitment at Fox.
- Predators, a docuseries about apex predators, is coming to Netflix.
- Josh Duhamel is replacing Emilio Estevez in Mighty Ducks: Game Changers on Disney+.
- Dylan McDermott is joining the cast of FBI: Most Wanted on CBS.
- Julianna Margulies will host The Hate We Can’t Forget: A Holocaust Memorial Special on The Smithsonian Channel and MTV.
- Kelly McCormack and Katy Mixon are joining George & Tammy on Paramount Network.
- Dagmara Dominczyk is joining Hello Tomorrow! on Apple TV+.
- Mark Strong, Mélanie Laurent, Tony Goldwyn, Jodie Turner-Smith, Kuhoo Verma, Annie Mumolo, Zurin Villanueva, and Enrique Arce have been cast in Murder Mystery 2 on Netflix.
- Jorja Fox is leaving CSI: Vegas on CBS.
- Fredrik Eklund is leaving Million Dollar Listing on Bravo.
Mark Your Calendars
- Real Husbands of Hollywood More Kevin, More Problems will premiere on BET+ on February 10.
- Juvenile Justice premieres on Netflix on February 25.
- Adam by Eve: A Live in Animation will debut on Netflix on March 15.
- Pieces of Her will premiere on Netflix on March 4.
- Alien Abduction: Travis Walton and Alien Abduction: Betty and Barney Hill will both debut on Discovery+ on February 18.
Vachik Mangassarian, Actor who appeared in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Curb Your Enthusiasm among others
Sergei Rakhlin, Russian entertainment journalist and longtime member of the HFPA
This Is Us: Jack buries his mother in what I’m sure will be a silly, upbeat episode and not one of those tear-jerking ones. 8 p.m., NBC
Aziz Ansari: Nightclub Comedian: Aziz is still negotiating his comeback (though he didn’t really deserve to be canceled in the first place, if we’re all being honest). Netflix
The Madness of King George: If you haven’t seen this charming historical drama starring the wonderful Ian Holm and Helen Mirren, I suggest you treat yourself. 7 p.m., Movie Max
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Jamie Dornan, Nicole Byer, Imagine Dragons
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Margaret Qualley, Mike Schur, Larnell Lewis
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Joy Reid, Thomas Middleditch
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Christina Ricci, Jeremy O. Harris, a performance by the cast of “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie”
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Kristen Bell, Ike Barinholtz, Eric Bellinger
- The Daily Show: W. Kamau Bell
- Watch What Happens Live: Alexia Echevarria, Lisa Hochstein
|ABC||Judge Steve Harvey
|Judge Steve Harvey
|FBI: Most Wanted
|CW||Superman & Lois
|FOX||9-1-1: Lone Star
|Our Kind of People
|This Is Us