CAPYBARA BABYSITTING BABY HUSKIES!!!!
capybara babysitting baby huskies pic.twitter.com/F6PbOz0FKA
— CAPYBARA MAN (@CAPYBARA_MAN) August 31, 2021
All Other TV News
One day we’ll stop talking about this Jeopardy! mess, but today ain’t that day.
Former Jeopardy! champion James Holzhauer had some feelings:
Do I think Mike Richards’s podcast comments were appropriate for polite society? No. But did he deserve the benefit of the doubt for the job he did running Jeopardy? Also no
— James Holzhauer (@James_Holzhauer) August 31, 2021
And then there was the reaction from Twitter in general:
Remember July, when we had no idea who "Mike Richards" was? https://t.co/lCl66cr8rF
— Dave Weigel (@daveweigel) August 31, 2021
mike richards is so funny to me. no one knew who he was and he just popped up out of nowhere to be like I'M A STRANGER THAT SUCKS! and now that's the thing he's famous for
— broti gupta (@BrotiGupta) August 31, 2021
This feels like it should be an HBO max series. https://t.co/AltMbC9c0f
— Molly Jong-Fast (@MollyJongFast) August 31, 2021
fox news contributor mike richards https://t.co/PAeLBcaVhQ
— Bobby Lewis (@revrrlewis) August 31, 2021
And The Hollywood Reporter has a damning piece detailing how Mike Richards came into The Price is Right and fired a bunch of people who had been there for decades, oversaw what was described as “shitty management” that demoralized the staff, messed with the prizes, and treated the models like show dogs, parading them around on the stage during rehearsals. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Manifest is coming back whether you like it or not. TV Line has a list of things they would like to see in the final season, including the characters’ “death dates,” and some “definitive answers.” (LOL to that one.) The showrunner is out here saying that while he has a roadmap to the end, he doesn’t have a plan for every single episode, but promises that it will come together organically.
Y’all, there is a whole Reddit thread out there convinced that Roy Kent on Ted Lasso is a CGI character. STOP EATING HORSE PASTE, YOU GUYS.
no more ted lasso discourse it's time for "brett goldstein is cgi" discourse pic.twitter.com/DkSlFAlNp7
— guy (@guymrdth) August 28, 2021
Remember that lunatic who accosted MSNBC reporter Shaquille Brewster while covering Hurricane Ida? Yeah, he’s now wanted by the police and on the run.
We would like to thank the public for coming forward and helping identify Dagley. pic.twitter.com/SFPJAekshn
— Gulfport Police Dept (@GulfportPolice) August 31, 2021
Last week’s numbers:
We haven’t seen numbers like this since March, and it’s fucking terrifying, not least because it’s hitting our kids in record numbers:
NEW: Child Covid-19 cases have “increased exponentially” after early summer declines, American Academy of Pediatrics says, with more than 200,000 children testing positive for Covid-19 in the last week. That's a five-fold increase from a month ago.
— Ana Cabrera (@AnaCabrera) August 31, 2021
Houston-region COVID hospitalizations ⬆️ today to 4,235. The only 7 days above 4k during the pandemic have been… the past 7 days.
1,057 virus patients in ICU is also an all-time record.
Worth repeating: This spike and strain on hospitals was completely avoidable. pic.twitter.com/v85tLBkqz1
— Zach Despart (@zachdespart) August 30, 2021
Jesus fucking Christ, you guys, GET VACCINATED. There’s some suggestion that we are reaching a peak with the Delta variant, but considering Houston ISD only returned in person last week, and many school districts across the country won’t begin until after Labor Day, I’m not counting any chickens.
Meanwhile, among all the other bullshit my state has just done in the past week, Governor Abbott amended his ban on vaccine mandates to include all vaccines, including those approved by the FDA. And in competition with Abbott for the title of Worst Governor in the Country, Ron DeSantis is over here saying that President Biden should follow his lead on COVID. Currently, Florida has the highest case count in the country, the most people hospitalize d with over 16,000, and the most daily deaths, nearing 300 a day.
Some good news: the Pfizer vaccine might be approved for kids 5 and up by late fall early winter. The bad news: we have to try to protect our kids until late fall to early winter from a bunch of lunatics who seem hell-bent on exposing them to a deadly disease to own the libs or something.
While horse paste continues to fly off the shelves and Fox News and Republicans encourage its use as a cure (it most certainly is not), proud anti-vaxxers continue to die. Just this week:
- Marc Bernier, another conservative radio show host who claimed the United States was turning into Nazi Germany because vaccine mandates, died of COVID at 65.
- Caleb Wallace, a 30-year-old anti-mask rally organizer died of COVID, leaving behind three small children and a pregnant wife.
- Robert David Steele, a former CIA officer who believed COVID was a hoax and refused to get vaccinated, has died of the virus at 69.
- Captain Joe Manning, a Georgia police officer who refused to be vaccinated, has died at 57.
In fact, here is an entire website, SorryAntiVaxxer.com, that keeps track of anti-vaxxers who have died of the virus. None of these people had to die.
But we still have assholes like:
- Joe Rogan out here ranting that he won’t force his audiences to be vaccinated
- and Eric Clapton writing dumb anti-vaxx protest songs
- and former shitty Presidents hosting self-aggrandizing rallies that end up shutting down multiple schools because the rallies serve as super-spreader events
- and a bunch of NFL stars who are refusing to get vaccinated despite playing a full-contact sport
- and the National Religious Broadcasters who fired spokesman Daniel Darling after he encouraged fellow Christians to get vaccinated
- and Ingo Rademacher, the General Hospital star who refuses to get vaccinated despite working on a series that often includes love scenes. He might have already infected one of his co-stars, and he’s pissed off a bunch of others.
Fuck each and every single one of these guys.
KISS has had to cancel concerts after Gene Simmons tested positive. And this will shock you, but Kid Rock also had to cancel shows after half of the band tested positive. He claims the members are vaccinated, which good! But guess where they performed recently? If you answered Sturgis, you win!
Keep Jesse Jackson’s family in your thoughts: he’s out of the hospital, but his wife has been moved into the ICU.
And let’s celebrate this hero professor who had come out of retirement to help teach, only to have to deal with an asshole student who refused to wear her mask. He re-retired on the spot. Good for him.
— Chip Stewart (@MediaLawProf) August 27, 2021
This woman is the opposite of that professor:
24-year-old Chloe Mrozak from Illinois was arrested after allegedly using this fake #COVID19 vaccine card to enter Hawaii and avoid travel restrictions — it says “Maderna” instead of “Moderna” @KITV4 pic.twitter.com/1EWp3eG3OR
— Tom George (@TheTomGeorge) September 1, 2021
Abbott Elementary, an upcoming ABC sitcom, had three positive cases on set, but production was not impacted.
Tamron Hall will bring back a vaccinated audience when the show returns this month.
When Succession returns, COVID will not be a part of the plot because as the creator of the series explained to his cast, “‘These are really wealthy people. And unfortunately, none of the world’s really wealthy people were going to be affected by the pandemic.’”
If you’ve been fully vaccinated, go reward yourself with TWO donuts. You’ve earned them.
- The Ghost and Molly McGee has been renewed for a second season at Disney Channel.
- A new Paranormal Activity movie is coming to Paramount+.
- Vince Carter: Legacy is coming to Crackle.
- The Summit Of The Gods has been acquired by Netflix.
- Sophia: Princess, Suffragette, Revolutionary is being adapted into a TV series.
- Vanessa Kirby has been signed to a first-look deal with Netflix.
- Elliot Page has signed a first-look deal with UCP.
- Josh Peck and Ashley Reyes are joining the cast of How I Met Your Father on Hulu.
- Dave Annable is joining the cast of Walker on The CW.
- Richard Blais is replacing Gino D’Acampo on Next Level Chef on Fox.
- Jabari Banks is the new Fresh Prince in Bel-Air on Peacock.
- Tim Daly and Toby Sandeman have joined the cast of The Game on Paramount+. Coby Bell will make a guest appearance.
- Jana Morrison and Samantha Maureen Aucoin will star in Astrid & Lilly Save the World on Syfy.
- Torrey DeVitto, Dylan Bruce, and Patrick Duffy have been cast in The Christmas Promise on Hallmark.
- Alex Aiono, Mallory Bechtel, and Eric Johnson have joined Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin on HBO Max.
- Pratya Patong, Thanaphong Kanthawong, Songpol Kanthawong, Thanawut Chetuku, Thapanot Huttaprasu, Chakkaphat Sisat, Thanapat Phungpumkaew, Teerapat Somkaew, Rattapoom Nakeesathid, Watcharaphol Poungsawan, Apisit Saengchan and Aphisit Yookham have been cast in Netflix’s limited series about the soccer players trapped in the Thai cave.
- Rory Gibson has joined The Young and the Restless in a recasting.
- Elaine Welteroth is leaving The Talk on CBS.
Mark Your Calendars
- Mayor of Kingstown will premiere on Paramount+ on November 14.
- The Bachelorette returns on October 19 on ABC. (~sobs~)
- You vs. Wild: Out Cold will premiere on Netflix on September 14.
- Malignant will debut on HBO Max on September 10.
- All Creatures Great and Small will return on PBS this winter.
- Fauci will premiere on National Geographic on September 10.
- The Show will premiere on Showtime on September 24.
- Seinfeld will stream on Netflix beginning on October 1.
- The Circle returns on Netflix on September 8.
- Tig N’ Seek will return on HBO Max on September 16.
- Swallow will debut on Netflix on October 1.
- The Kids Tonight Show will premiere on Peacock on October 14. Clash of the Cover Bands will debut on October 13.
- The Game will return on Paramount+ on November 11.
- Guilty Party will debut on Paramount+ on October 10
- Underrated will return on TBS on September 24.
- CBS Fall Preview will air on CBS on September 9.
- Circle Remembers 9/11 will air on September 11 on The Circle Network.
- Eli’s Places debuts today on ESPN+.
Ruth Marx, Singer of many famous commercial jingles and the mother of Richard Marx
Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on Terror: Yes, another 9/11 series — this one explores the roots of Al Qaeda, to the response of the Americans. Series premiere. Netflix
Dug Days: Everyone’s favorite character from Up! has his own animated series, yay! Series premiere. Disney+
Future of Work: This new series explores the disruption of the workplace and how it affects employers and employees. Series premiere. 9 p.m., PBS
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Clive Owen, James Arthur
|ABC||Press Your Luck
|The $100,000 Pyramid
|House Calls with Dr. Phil
|In the Dark
|NBC||America’s Got Talent
|Family Game Fight!