It is a Tuesday and you need to look at this adorable family of geese:
Bb’s on the greenway!! pic.twitter.com/EfwehC1d6E
— bobbi barnett (@rbtastic) May 16, 2021
A banner has been flying over a courthouse in Florida that says:
TICK TOCK MATT GAETZ pic.twitter.com/8JjcSWfvsF
— Nick Walden Poublon (@NWPinPDX) May 17, 2021
As expected, Matt Gaetz’s (presumably former) buddy Joel Greenberg in an agreement with federal prosecutors, pled guilty to six criminal charges, including sex trafficking of a child, aggravated identity theft, and wire fraud, and in exchange, prosecutors dropped 27 other charges pending against him. Part of the agreement explained how Greenberg paid women for sex with him and unnamed others.
Joel Greenberg got 33 charges reduced down to 6 and his plea deal mentions a "downward adjustment" at the time of sentencing. Translation: he's snitching on everyone and Matt Gaetz is royally fucked.
— Fifty Shades of Whey (@davenewworld_2) May 14, 2021
In short, tick tock, Matt Gaetz.
Meanwhile, Matt Gaetz is tearing the women of The View apart. (J/K they’ve always hated each other.)
ICYMI… Here’s the clip of Joy Behar gathering Meghan McCain. #TheView
— Chanteezy 💛 (@iamchanteezy) May 18, 2021
Wait, a powerful man was a creep to the women he worked with and unfaithful to his wife? I AM SHOCKED. (But in all seriousness, mad props to Melinda French Gates’ P.R. team: y’all are killing it.)
Joe Rogan, who has a $100,000,000 contract with Spotify, is worried that straight white men are not going to be allowed to talk because of “wokeness.” The thing that is most irritating to me about notorious idiot Joe Rogan is that because he was on one of my favorite TV comedies of all time, NewsRadio, every time his name comes up in a stupid story like this one, my first reaction is, “OH COME ON, JOE ROGAN,” instead of just laughing it off or ignoring it like I would with Alex Jones or the My Pillow Guy or any other half-witted moron with a platform.
Every 'rant' about 'woke culture' is just this pic.twitter.com/LVKAyqwNd8
— Ross Sayers (@Sayers33) May 18, 2021
T.I. is now being investigated by the LAPD for drugging and raping women.
Storage Wars star Jarrod Schulz has been arrested for domestic violence against his former co-star Brandi Passante.
American Idol season 18 contestant, Doug Kiker, has also been arrested for domestic violence.
Drew Barrymore basically apologized to Dylan Farrow for working with Woody Allen after the allegations about what he did to Farrow emerged.
Scottish actor Kevin Guthrie has been given a three-year jail sentence for raping a woman.
Several rape charges against the one-time reality TV star, Grant Robicheaux and his girlfriend Cerissa Riley, have been dropped.
The Les Moonves fight with CBS over his severance package has finally been resolved so hopefully we should never have to hear his name again.
All Other TV News
I had just the other day tried to look up if CBS had set a premiere date for Evil, and it turns out they hadn’t because they’re moving it to Paramount+. It’s such a good show, I hope it finds a safe place there.
Amazon wants to buy MGM for about $10 billion, otherwise known as Jeff Bezos’ pocket change.
Dan Harmon’s new animated series at Fox, Krapopolis, will be the first series “curated on Blockchain” and it will sell NFTs. I have NO IDEA what any of that means, except that NFTs are stupid.
Sometimes shows come back: if you are a Prodigal Son fan who doesn’t want it canceled, here are some steps you can take.
GLAAD, BLM, the Center for Media and Democracy, CHANGE, Indivisible, MoveOn, NARAL Pro-Choice America are among 40 progressive organizations calling for an advertiser boycott of Fox News. And that’s great, but as long as cable channels are bundled without allowing customers to pick and choose which ones they actually want to pay for, this is a kind of toothless gesture.
Here are the winners of the first-ever MTV Movie & TV Awards: Unscripted.
Congratulations, Ariana Grande and Dalton Gomez!
Congratulations, also, to Justin Hartley and Sofia Pernas!
Wow, according to The New York Times, we had fewer than 30,000 new cases yesterday. It’s the lowest number of cases since September, and the fewest deaths SINCE JULY. Soon, I’ll be turning this section into a weekly one, instead of reporting on it every day, and that feels great.
California will keep masks through at least June 15. D.C. is lifting theirs on Monday.
The Knicks and the Nets will have maskless fully-vaccinated fan sections at their playoff games.
BravoCon will return in person in New York City in October. The New York City Marathon will also be back this fall.
Europe is slowly reopening as cases drop there.
83% of Japan does not want the Olympics to be held there this summer. And I can’t blame them.
This is an interesting opinion piece written by a pair of Christian Evangelicals arguing that the only people who can convince vaccine-hesitant Evangelicals to get vaccinated are other Evangelicals in their communities. Get on it, guys!
Ricky Schroder has apologized to the Costco employee he berated but is still ranting about “corporate overlords.” Calm down, Ricky.
OH DAMN, WE LIBS JUST GOT PWND!
Might just start wearing a mask again now that the CDC says you don't need to if you get the jab. Wouldn't want to give off the impression that I'm a vaccinated Democrat!
— Kaitlin Bennett (@KaitMarieox) May 16, 2021
- Fox has renewed The Masked Singer; The Resident; 9-1-1: Lone Star; and The Great North. They have not made a decision about The Masked Dancer.
- The Owl House has been renewed for a third season on Disney Channel.
- The Incredible Dr. Pol; Critter Fixers: Country Vets; Dr. Oakley, Yukon Vet; Heartland Docs, DVM; Secrets of the Zoo Columbus; and Secrets of the Zoo Tampa have been renewed at Nat Geo Wild.
- Noughts + Crosses has been renewed at BBC.
- The Haunted Museum, an anthology series about Zak Bagan’s haunted museum in Las Vegas, has been greenlit at Discovery+.
- Immigrant, a limited series about the origins of Chippendale’s that is produced by and will star Kumail Nanjiani, has been set at Hulu.
- The Captain, a docuseries about Derek Jeter, is coming to ESPN.
- A revival of Project Greenlight with Issa Rae has been ordered at HBO. And Sweet Life: Los Angeles, an unscripted series from Rae has been picked up at HBO Max.
- Welcome to Wrexham, a docuseries about Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney purchasing and running of Welsh football team Wrexham AFC, has been ordered at FX.
- An unscripted series with Tom Brady is in the works at Fox.
- Password is being rebooted at NBC by Jimmy Fallon.
- Alter Ego, a singing competition has been ordered at Fox.
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart is being adapted at Amazon with Sigourney Weaver set to star.
- Jack McBrayer is going to host Hello, Jack! The Kindness Show on Apple TV+.
- Snoop Dogg will host a show about the world’s dumbest criminals on Peacock.
- Lil Jon Wants To Do What? has been ordered at HGTV. Yes. HGTV.
- On the Roam, a series hosted by Jason Momoa, has been picked up at Discovery.
- National Parks, a docuseries narrated by Garth Brooks, has been ordered at Nat Geo.
- The ‘80s: Top Ten, a series produced and hosted by Rob Lowe, has been ordered at Nat Geo.
- Rise Up, Sing Out, an animated series from Questlove and Black Thought, has been ordered at Disney Junior.
- Hustle & Roll has been greenlit at Discovery.
- The Education of Matt Barnes has been ordered at Showtime.
- Charlotte Sophia: Myth, Madness and the Moor is being adapted into a film or TV series at HBO Max.
- Uprising, a vampire virus movie, is coming to Netflix.
- Shark Academy has been ordered at Discovery.
- Otter Dynasty has been ordered at Discovery.
- ESPN+ has announced their slate of programming for 2021.
- Univision has announced their 2021-2022 lineup.
- Stephen “tWitch” Boss will host Clash of the Cover Bands on E!. Meghan Trainor, Adam Lambert, and Ester Dean will serve as judges.
- Taylor Lautner and Rob Schneider have joined the cast of Home Team on Netflix, along with Jackie Sandler, Gary Valentine, Tait Blum, Maxwell Simkins, Jacob Perez, Bryant Tardy, Manny Magnus, Liam Kyle, Christopher Farrar, Merek Mastrov, Isaiah Mustafa, Christopher Titone, Ashley D. Kelley, Lavell Crawford, Allen Covert, Anthony L. Fernandez, and Jared Sandler.
- Toby Sebastian is joining the ABC pilot Epic.
- Noah Mills is joining NCIS: Hawai’i on CBS.
- Anthony Mendez will be narrating Foodtastic on Disney+.
Mark Your Calendars
- Nine Perfect Strangers will debut on Hulu on August 18.
- Only Murders in the Building will premiere on Hulu on August 31.
- Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol will debut on Peacock soon.
- The Hot Zone: Anthrax will premiere on National Geographic on November 28.
- The D’Amelio Show will debut on Hulu soon.
- Changing the Game will premiere on Hulu on May 1.
- The Owl House will return on Disney Channel on June 12.
- Olympic Dreams Featuring Jonas Brothers will premiere on NBC on July 21.
- The House My Wedding Bought will debut on Discovery+ on June 16.
- Chopped: Alton’s Maniacal Baskets debuts on Discovery+ on June 22.
- No Responders Left Behind will debut on Discovery+ in September.
- Eurovision Song Contest will stream on Peacock beginning on May 18.
- McCartney 3,2,1 will debut on Hulu on July 16.
Charles Grodin, Emmy-winning deadpan comedic actor who starred in Midnight Run, the Beethoven movies, Real Life, Rosemary’s Baby, The Heartbreak Kid, and had a wonderful turn in The Great Muppet Caper among many others. I so loved him.
Superman & Lois: In the summer premiere, Lois must trust an unexpected ally. 8 p.m., The CW
Pooch Perfect: A winner is chosen in the “grand fur-nale.” Don’t look at me like that, I didn’t come up with it. 7 p.m., ABC
The Resident: Conrad and Nic welcome their baby daughter. Season finale. 7 p.m., Fox
black-ish: Dre realizes that he needs to make a career change in the season finale. 8 p.m. ABC
mixed-ish: Adult Rainbow, Johan, and Santamonica have differing memories of the past in the series finale. 8:30 p.m., ABC
Prodigal Son: The NYPD’s hunt for a serial killer might help them find one of their own in the series finale. 8 p.m., Fox
Big Sky: Cassie and Jenny finally see Ronald behind bars … but their satisfaction is short-lived in the season finale. 9 p.m., ABC
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Chris Rock, WILLOW
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Nick Jonas, Sam Jay, Deb Haaland, Brian Frasier-Moore
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Morgan Freeman, Tig Notaro
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Regina Hall, Moby
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Gabrielle Union, Dwyane Wade, Royal Blood
- The Daily Show: The Daily Social Distancing Show
- Conan: Deon Cole
- Watch What Happens Live: Luann de Lesseps, Brianne Howey
- A Little Late with Lily Singh: Eitan Bernath
|FBI: Most Wanted
|Superman & Lois
|This Is Us
One thought on “Tick tock, Matt Gaetz!”
Man, I had REALLY been hesitant about adding yet another streaming platform and ST: Discovery almost got me on board with Paramount+ but Evil is just so, so good. It might be what gets me on board. But I’m not happy about it!