It’s Thursday and a good day to remind you that you can be kind to bears.
But you don’t have to actually feed them. In fact, this is a terrible idea that could end up getting this poor bear killed.
All Other TV NewS
Our long national nightmare is over: Jeopardy! has FINALLY relented and named LeVar Burton as a guest host later in the season. He joins Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos, David Faber, and Joe Buck as the final guest hosts.
THANK YOU… to all y’all for your passionate support! I am overjoyed, excited, and eager to be guest-hosting Jeopardy!, and will do my utmost best to live up to your faith you in me. YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE! Go ahead and take my word for it, this time. https://t.co/C7mZWMok2X
— LeVar Burton (@levarburton) April 21, 2021
* Optimists: Levar Burton!!
* Pessimists: FUCK JOE BUCK!!
* Realists: Who the fuck is David Faber?
— Elie Mystal (@ElieNYC) April 21, 2021
After all this, LeVar Burton should start his first episode by asking if anyone wants to buy a vowel
— Jill Twiss (@jilltwiss) April 21, 2021
Mike Lindell is going to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live! as this feud takes a very weird hard left turn.
I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE AND WHETHER OR NOT GOTTMIK WILL WIN TOMORROW.
Labeling broadcasts as being sponsored by foreign governments just seems like something that should have been in place long ago?
HBO Max gained 3 million subscribers in the first quarter of 2021, thanks in large part to the release of first-run movies on the platform. After freaking the entire movie industry out with this plan, Warner Media assured everyone that they would return to the “theater first” model next year, but will they stick to that promise when they see these numbers?
Disney and Sony have struck a deal where Disney’s channels and streamers will be the home to Sony’s movies after Netflix gets them. I am not entirely sure why this is a big deal, but people seem really excited that the Spider-Man movies will be coming to Disney+.
There’s a Reddit thread devoted to commercials people hate, but I have the winner right here:
FUCK OFF, KERASAL.
The Mother of Dragons is writing a comic book about a woman who has superpowers tied to her menstrual cycle and I am for it.
Joe Walsh calls out Fox News — specifically Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson — for spreading disinformation and anger and, yeah, it’s a weird world we live in.
Former GOP Rep. @WalshFreedom: "I was mistaken. I listened to Black Americans, and I understand why it's important to say Black Lives Matter. Now, why don't more conservatives say that yet? Because they're in this sea of disinformation and conspiracy …" pic.twitter.com/AJsQXWXhHO
— The Recount (@therecount) April 22, 2021
Melissa Villaseñor’s comedy is not exactly my bag, but GODDAMN is she good at impersonations. Her Kristin Wiig blows Seth Meyers away at 6:30, but honestly, all of the voices she does in this segment are amazing.
Before he entered office, President Biden pledged he would get 100 million doses of vaccine into arms by his 100th day as President. Yesterday was his 92nd day, and 200 million doses have been administered.
Hey, Congressman Danny? Anything you’d like to say?
In more good news: preliminary studies show that the vaccines are safe for pregnant women.
And in bad news: India continues to spiral out of control, breaking the global record for new COVID cases in one day.
Cirque Du Soleil and The Blue Man Group are returning to theaters soon.
The #CirqueduSoleil sun is rising! Thrilled to announce that Mystere, O, KOOZA and Luzia will shine again as they return to their stages. More info: https://t.co/83fAmeriYx #intermissionisover pic.twitter.com/pINmRJoCXz
— Cirque du Soleil (@Cirque) April 21, 2021
In Los Angeles, fully vaccinated folks will have their own section at Dodger Stadium. Yes to this. And in New York, the organization that runs the marathon is staging its first race since the pandemic began.
The virus has caused a poop problem in the United Kingdom.
The sweetest thing you will see all day:
back when i tested positive for CoVid, my depression/anxiety were really kicking my ass due to being isolated. my precious grandma danced outside my window almost everyday so i would feel loved. & now i watch this video every time i get sad to remind me that i’m never alone🥺 pic.twitter.com/x1PRpW1dyJ
— dom ♡ (@keepthepazx3) April 20, 2021
- Floor is Lava has been renewed at Netflix for a second season which is insane to me — how had it not already been renewed?
- How I Met Your Father, a sequel to How I Met Your Mother, starring Hilary Duff is coming to Hulu.
- Shout It Out Loud a biopic about KISS, is very close to happening at Netflix.
- Take Out, an Asian cuisine docuseries hosted by Lisa Ling has been picked up at HBO Max.
- A reality series about social media influencers The Hype House is in the works at Netflix.
- Number One on the Call Sheet: Black Leading Women in Hollywood and Number One on the Call Sheet: Black Leading Men in Hollywood, documentary films produced by Jamie Foxx, Kevin Hart, Datari Turner, and Dan Cogan have been ordered at Apple TV+.
- The Last Will and Testament of Charles Abernathy, a horror film from Alejandro Brugués, has been set at Netflix.
- Cellmate Secrets, a docuseries narrated by Angie Harmon, has been greenlit at Lifetime.
- Two new Below Decks, set in Australia and Iceland, are in the works.
- Sixteen Horses is being adapted into a TV series in the U.K.
- Ione Skye will be a part of the cast of La Brea on NBC.
- Luke Hemsworth will guest star on Young Rock on NBC.
- Maya Erskine is joining the cast of the Obi-Wan Kenobi series on Disney+.
- Michael Mosley has joined the cast of The Sinner on USA.
- Paris Jackson has joined the cast of American Horror Story.
- LisaGay Hamilton is joining The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix.
- Julian Edelman will be an analyst on Inside the NFL on Paramount+.
Mark Your Calendars
- Master of None will return on Netflix in May, and it will focus exclusively on Lena Waithe’s character, Denise.
- The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It will open in theaters and premiere on HBO Max on June 4.
- Kevin Can F**k Himself will premiere on AMC+ on June 13 and AMC on June 20.
- The Dexter revival will premiere on Showtime in the fall.
— Dexter on Showtime (@SHO_Dexter) April 22, 2021
- The Big Shot With Bethenny will premiere on April 29 on HBO Max.
- David Makes Man will return on OWN on June 22.
- Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. will premiere on Hulu on May 21.
- The Bleepin’ Robot Chicken Archie Comics Special will air on Adult Swim on May 23.
- Jungle Beat: The Movie will stream on Netflix on May 14.
- 20/20 will air a two-hour portrait of the life of George Floyd on April 23 on ABC.
- CODA will debut on Apple TV+ on August 13.
- Summer Of Soul (Or, When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised) will debut on Apple TV+ on July 2.
- 22 vs. Earth will stream on Disney+ on April 30.
- Generation Por Qué? will debut on HBO Latino and HBO Max on May 1.
Lyndon Chubbuck, TV and film director. He directed episodes of Baywatch, Wiseguy, Stingray, Friday the 13th: The Series, and Alien Nation among others
Tempest Storm, Burlesque performer and Russ Meyer actress
Rutherford Falls: Ed Helms and Jana Schmieding star in this new small-town comedy from the producers of Parks and Rec. Series premiere. Peacock
Stowaway: A team of astronauts headed on a two-year mission to Mars discovers they have a surprise guest along for the ride, which … complicates matters. Anna Kendrick, Daniel Dae Kim, Shamier Anderson, and Toni Collette star. Netflix
Cher + the Loneliest Elephant: I mean, the title kinda says it all, right? Paramount+
Searching for Sheela: Speaking of Wild Wild Country, Ma Anand Sheela returns to India after 30 years in this new documentary. Premiere. Netflix
Greta Thunberg: A Year to Change the World: Greta visits Canada, California, and Madrid in this new documentary special. Premiere. 7 p.m., PBS
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Kevin Bacon, Simone Biles, Ritt Momney
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Gwen Stefani, Adam McKay, Emmanuelle Caplette
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski, Bebe Rexha
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Dominic Cooper, Static and Ben El x Black Eyed Peas
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Gal Gadot, Eric Andre, Kale
- Watch What Happens Live: Lindsay Hubbard, Kyle Cooke, Ciara Miller
- A Little Late with Lily Singh: Earth Day show
|United States of Al
|Last Man Standing
|Law & Order Special Victims Unit
|Law & Order: Organized Crime