It’s Tuesday and everything is still completely insane. Hello!
Here is a video of cute bunny kisses:
I don’t know who in the White House is giving the green light to these interviews with President Terrific Brain, but whoever you are, WELCOME TO THE RESISTANCE, MY FRIEND.
Yesterday, HBO aired an interview Axios reporter Johnathan Swan had with the Mensa Champion-in-Chief, and it was brutal. Swan did not ask any gotcha questions and he did not twist or otherwise manipulate any of the answers. But he did fact check him on the spot and allowed President Spray Tan to hang himself with his own ignorance. It’s stunning (also stunning: that I can continue to be stunned). You can watch the entire interview below:
If you don’t have 37 minutes to watch the whole thing, here are some astonishing moments:
The time when he waved meaningless graphs around claiming that they proved everything is FINE here in regards to the virus:
Oh my god
— Carole Cadwalladr (@carolecadwalla) August 4, 2020
The time he said “It is what it is” about tens of thousands of dead Americans:
TRUMP on 1,000 Americans dying from coronavirus each day:
“It is what it is.”pic.twitter.com/dgzc1s7Ptt
— Ian Sams (@IanSams) August 4, 2020
The time he wishes an arrested sex trafficker “well” AGAIN:
The disaster of Trump’s Axios interview is off the charts. He is delusional & dementia impaired. His COVID death line again is “it is what it is”
He says why he wishes Ghislaine Maxwell well & shows his paranoia, deception & detachment from reality.
— Tom Joseph (@TomJChicago) August 4, 2020
The time he said he hasn’t confronted Russia about putting bounties on AMERICAN SOLDIERS’ HEADS:
President Trump tells #AxiosOnHBO that he has never confronted Vladimir Putin over intelligence indicating Russia paid the Taliban to kill U.S. troops.
Watch the full interview Monday at 11pm ET/PT on all HBO platforms. pic.twitter.com/ORScPt2hZU
— Axios (@axios) July 29, 2020
And finally, the time he says he has done more for Black people than John Lewis:
.@jonathanvswan: "How do you think history will remember John Lewis?"
— Axios (@axios) August 4, 2020
Woke up today to many people asking me this. I say, with every fibre of my being, ‘No.’ I write fiction. This, sadly, is reality. America, register to vote. Then vote him out. https://t.co/UN7AOHpqef
— Armando Iannucci (@Aiannucci) August 4, 2020
Election Day is 91 days away but remember: early voting is available in most states, and be sure to look into the possibility of mail-in voting where you live. Just be sure to mail in your ballot early since this piece of shit is trying to destroy the post office so as to disenfranchise you.
The Worst President of all time called Nevada passing a law to allow mail-in voting an “illegal coup” and is threatening to sue the state to stop it. 1. States set their own election laws, so fuck off with that noise. 2. He pretty much gives away the game by saying that making it easier for people to vote (especially during a deadly pandemic) will make it “impossible for Republicans to win,” but, 3. a “coup?” I never cease to be amazed by his relentless projection.
In an illegal late night coup, Nevada’s clubhouse Governor made it impossible for Republicans to win the state. Post Office could never handle the Traffic of Mail-In Votes without preparation. Using Covid to steal the state. See you in Court! https://t.co/cNSPINgCY7
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 3, 2020
Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True. Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail! #MAGA
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 4, 2020
When you’ve pissed off people in Longview, Texas, Gov. Abbott and President Dipshit, you might be in trouble.
The Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes has been canceled for 2020. The holidays are going to be grim this year, brace yourselves accordingly.
We’re all going to die.
Despite being in the middle of a pandemic, today Etowah High School in Cherokee County started their first day of school.
Here's a seniors photo that was taken this morning. pic.twitter.com/3VwzN3d0pE
— Everything Georgia (@GAFollowers) August 4, 2020
Paulding County, Georgia:
First day of school.
4 masks – if you zoom in — and zero social distancing.
This is gonna end badly… pic.twitter.com/pGUwzRr6VN
— Rex Chapman🏇🏼 (@RexChapman) August 4, 2020
All Other TV News
The Christmas Set Up will be Lifetime’s first gay Christmas movie. It will premiere this year.
MSNBC is shaking things up in its daytime lineup. More Nicole Wallace, and that toadie Chuck Todd is moving to a
lesser earlier time.
Sarah Paulson will be directing some of American Horror Stories, but it is unclear if she’ll be appearing in any episodes.
These are all excellent episodes of It’s Always Sunny, but I can’t take any list of best Sunny episodes seriously that excludes “The Gang Broke Dee.”
Release the pilots! What I would give to see the original Game of Thrones pilot.
Have you watched Netflix’s Love on the Spectrum? Here’s a video update on the couples.
- Hunters has been renewed for a second season on Amazon.
- Married at First Sight has been renewed for six more seasons at Lifetime.
- Fixer Upper has been revived at the Magnolia Network.
- The Woman in the Window is coming to Netflix. The film was supposed to released in theaters in May.
- City So Real, a four-part documentary about Chicago, has been ordered by Nat Geo.
- Two-Front War, a docuseries about Black soldiers in Vietnam from LeVar Burton is being developed.
- Secrets of the Whales has been ordered at Nat Geo.
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s production company has signed an overall deal with Apple TV+.
- Courtney Hope is leaving Days of Our Lives.
- Danielle Brooks is going to star in Robin Roberts Presents: The Mahalia Jackson Story on Lifetime.
BTS, Doja Cat, and J Balvin will perform at the VMAs.
Mark Your Calendars
- The Bachelorette — with GOD ONLY KNOWS WHO AS THE BACHELORETTE — will return “soon.”
— The Bachelorette (@BacheloretteABC) August 4, 2020
- Ratched will debut on Netflix on September 18.
- The Boys will return on Amazon on September 4.
- Power Book II: Ghost will debut on Starz on September 6.
- Surviving Jeffrey Epstein will debut on Lifetime on August 9.
- Expedition to the Edge will premiere on Discovery on August 23.
- Get Duked! will debut on Amazon on August 28.
- Summer Comedy Stand Up Specials will debut on HBO Max on August 20.
- Glitch Techs will return on Netflix on August 17.
- Enslaved will debut on Epix on September 14.
- Shark Beach starring Chris Hemsworth, will debut sometime in 2021.
- Long Way Up, a motorcycle series starring Ewan McGregor, will premiere on Apple TV+ on September 18.
- Married at First Sight: Unmatchables will debut on Lifetime in 2021.
- Alaskan Bush People will return on Discovery on August 23.
- Delicious Miss Brown will return on Food Network on September 6.
- The Suspect will premiere on Sundance Now on August 18.
- Lifetime has released the titles of 30 holiday movies that will premiere this season.
National Geographic announced a number of titles yesterday:
- Blood on the Wall will debut on September 30.
- Bin Laden’s Hard Drive will premiere on September 10.
- Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller will premiere on January 1.
- From Above will return on August 11.
- Virus Hunters will debut on November 1.
Reni Santoni, Actor who played Poppie on Seinfeld. He also appeared in Dirty Harry and 28 Days.
Mark “Rollerball” Rocco, Professional wrestler
John Lewis: Celebrating a Hero: A look at the life of a remarkable American and hero. 9 p.m., CBS
The Swamp: This documentary follows around three of Trump’s most loyal idiots, Matt Gaetz, Thomas Massie, and Ken Buck as they attempt to “drain the swamp” (while not realizing they are the swamp creatures). 7 p.m., HBO
America’s Got Talent: The 15th Anniversary Special looks back at some of the most viral acts. Huh! I wonder if they’ll have a look back at past judges like Sharon Osbourne and Gabrielle Union? 7 p.m., NBC
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Jesse Eisenberg, Blake Griffin, Gracie Abrams
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Matthew Macfadyen, Foster the People, Thaddeus Dixon
- The Daily Show: The Daily Social Distancing Show
- Watch What Happens Live: Alanis Morissette, Sean Hayes
|Primetime: What Would You Do?
|John Lewis: Celebrating a Hero
|<Tell Me a Story
|NBC||America’s Got Talent
|World of Dance