Game of Thrones released a bunch of new posters featuring some 20 different characters sitting on the Iron Throne, and new twitter emojis when you hashtag their names. The characters include: Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, the Night King, Cersei Lannister, Arya Stark, Jaime Lannister, Tyrion Lannister, Sansa Stark, Bran Stark, Brienne of Tarth, Davos Seaworth, Euron Greyjoy, Jorah Mormont, Greyworm, Melisandre, Missandei, Samwell Tarly, Theon Greyjoy, Varys and The Hound.
Which, OK, I get it, but like, Sam and Theon and The Hound, and Jorah and Greyworm and Davos and Brienne? They aren’t getting anywhere near the Iron Throne. Come on. Lady Mormont is on that throne faster than any of these people.
To see the emojis, you have to tweet the following character names:
- I DEMAND TO KNOW WHERE MY LADY MORMONT EMOJI IS.
- My favorite, obviously, is Arya:
That’s just my constant mood.
OH NO, LUKE PERRY HAS HAD A STROKE. According to reports, he was taken to the hospital this morning but his condition is currently unknown. Get better soon, Luke Perry.
A third Walking Dead series is in the works. Nevermind the fact that The Walking Dead‘s ratings are falling and no one watches Fear the Walking Dead, but whatever.
Usually, I would put the Saturday Night Live promo under “Dates,” but this deserves your attention because it’s great:
Jordan Peele is making all of the TV and movies. Here’s a helpful guide.
Ok, so this is more of a pop culture thing than it is a TV thing, but HOLY COW, the Disney Star Wars park sounds AMAZING. I’m a huge Star Wars fan as everyone my age is obligated to be, but I’m also a big theme park fan and the description of this sounds like a real leap forward in immersive experiences. Here are 77 things to know about it.
Fox just lost a lawsuit against Bones for a LOT of money.
Apparently, Netflix’s UK version of The Notebook has the wrong ending and people are SO MAD.
Sex Monster News
The public relations war over Leaving Neverland has begun: The Jackson brothers and a nephew gave an interview to Gayle King accusing Jackson’s accusers of only being interested in money. This morning, Jackson’s accusers, Wade Robson and James Safechuck gave Gayle King an interview discussing how Jackson groomed them for abuse. Meanwhile, Gayle’s best friend, Oprah, is going to interview the accusers, Wade Robson and James Safechuck, for a special that will air on HBO and OWN following the documentary on Sunday. Meanwhile, this writer wrestles with what to do after you’ve seen the documentary.
Thanks to a bunch of fragile white boys whose feelings were hurt by Brie Larson saying the obvious, Rotten Tomatoes had to disable commenting on movies before they have been released. Which, OK, but why did they have that feature to begin with?
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine has been renewed for a seventh season on NBC. Interestingly, it is bringing in a million more viewers than it did on Fox.
- Star Trek: Discovery has been renewed for a third season at CBS All Access.
- Strike Back has been renewed for a seventh season at Cinemax.
- has been
- Love Connection has been canceled at Fox. Boo.
- 90210 has been ordered to series by Fox. It will be a summer event series.
- Lil Dicky has been ordered to series by FX.
- Book of Enchantment is in development at Disney+.
- A Constantine series might be back in development, and they want Matt Ryan back.
- Sara Lee Hess, the executive producer of the Game of Thrones prequel series, has signed an overall deal with HBO.
- Jason Biggs has been cast as the lead in the Fox comedy pilot Geniuses.
- Stephen Dorff will star in the Fox pilot Deputy.
- Adam Brody is going to guest star on Single Parents as Leighton Meeter’s ex.
- Jacqueline Grace Lopez has been cast as the lead of Jane the Novela, the spinoff of Jane the Virgin.
- Mike Vogel is joining the ABC drama pilot Triangle.
- Parker Young has been cast in The Us Project pilot at CBS.
- Damian Lewis is going to host the British documentary series Spy Wars.
- Joshua Orpin is your new Superboy on Titans at DC Universe.,
- Alexa Skye Swinton, Clancy Brown, Robert Bailey Jr., and Ashley Aufderheide are joining the cast of the NBC drama pilot Emergence.
- Amaury Nolasco and Dohn Norwood are joining the Stars series Hightown.
- Alanna Ubach is joining the cast of the comedy based on Hannah Simone’s life story at ABC.
- Michael Chernus will co-star in the CBS comedy Tommy.
- Odette Annable will star in the Fox comedy pilot Adam & Eve.
- Glenn Turman is joining Claws on TNT.
- Reid Scott is joining the CBS All Access comedy Why Women Kill.
- Angus Mcfadyen is joining the cast of Strange Angel on CBS All Access.
- Pollyanna McIntosh will recur on Lodge 49.
- Arden Myrin is now a regular on Netflix’s Insatiable.
- Titus Welliver will guest star on Law & Order: SVU.
- Ray Liotta has joined The Sopranos prequel movie.
Mark Your Calendars
- Arrested Development returns on Netflix on March 15.
- Turn Up Charlie will debut on Netflix on March 15.
- The Tick will return on Amazon on April 5.
- Osmosis will debut on Netflix on March 29.
- Will Smith’s Bucket List is available to watch on Facebook Watch now.
- Gold Rush: Parker’s Trail will return on Discovery on April 5.
- CMT Crossroads returns on CMT on March 27.
- Wolf vs. Bear debuts on Smithsonian on March 27.
- Mysteries of the Abandoned will return on the Science Channel on March 19.
- Murder for Hire will debut on Oxygen on April 7.
- Hustle & Soul will return on We TV on April 4.
- Urban One Honors will air on TV One tonight.
Perry Wolff, CBS News producer and documentarian
Andre Previn, Composer and conductor and one-time husband of Mia Farrow
Legacies: THANKS FOR RUINING SPRING BREAK, HOPE. 8 p.m., The CW
Better Things: Patricia Adlon’s wonderful little show that almost didn’t survive the Louis C.K. scandal is back, thank goodness. Season premiere. 9 p.m., FX
RuPaul’s Drag Race: Miley Cyrus appears in the season premiere. 8 p.m., VH1
Grey’s Anatomy: It officially becomes the longest-running medical show in TV history tonight. 7 p.m., ABC
A Million Little Things: WHO THE HELL ARE YOU, BARBARA MORGAN? Season finale. 8 p.m., ABC
How to Get Away with Murder: Will they get away with murder? Again? Season finale. 9 p.m., ABC
The Titan Games: Season finale. 7 p.m., NBC
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: John Mulaney, Kevin Nealon, 2 Chainz featuring Marsha Ambrosius
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Amy Sedaris, J.K. Simmons, Jon Epcar
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Ellen Pompeo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, half•alive
- The Daily Show: Gary Clark Jr.
- Conan: Maya Erskine, Anna Konkle
- Busy Tonight: Shane West
- Watch What Happens Live: Scott Foley
|A Million Little Things
|How to Get Away with Murder
|CBS||The World’s Best
|The Big Bang Theory
|NBC||The Titan Games
|Will & Grace
|The Enemy Within