Some new details about the Breaking Bad movie have leaked: It’s going to air on both Netflix and AMC; it’s sounding more and more like it is a sequel about Jesse Pinkman; and it’s being shot as a feature, although it hasn’t been determined how it will air, as a movie or edited into episodes. Can’t wait, bitch.
Starz was at the TCAs:
Sounds like Starz is happy with how season two of American Gods turned out and might be close to greenlighting season three. That said, they need yet another showrunner. Ian McShane is a fan, too, and claims that this upcoming season is closer to the original novel, while Neil Gaiman insists that season two will feel like season one. SO WHICH IS IT, GUYS? (Ian McShane also answered some Deadwood questions, and suggested there could be a second film, if you’re interested.)
Starz also introduced their upcoming supernatural spy series, The Rook, which originally was helmed by Twilight author Stephanie Meyer. She left the show over creative differences, and Starz SWEARS it’s all good. Here’s a question: Why can’t Starz hang onto their showrunners? What’s going on over there?
The creators of The Spanish Princess, which is about Catherine of Aragon, admit that they took license with timelines and ages of characters because history was kinda gross.
New Starz series Now Apocalypse features a lot of sex, but they couldn’t afford intimacy coaches. Well, good luck with that. Ask Frankie Shaw how well that worked out for her.
In other TV news
Sounds like This is Us will end with season 6. Plan accordingly.
Netflix was watching you while you watched Bandersnatch in a fittingly Black Mirror-esque twist. .
Jordan Klepper got himself arrested while filming for his new show.
View this post on Instagram
Yesterday I learned many things. Police cars are not built for lanky giraffe bodies was one. Another, there are good people fighting good fights across this land. In Georgia they are denying college admission and tuition benefits to undocumented students. These are students who pay taxes, grew up here and want to learn and give back to their community. We need more thoughtful, curious, educated young adults dedicated to making this place better. Education is a human right. Places like Freedom University are fighting the good fight. I was honored to stand with them and the other community faith leaders, teachers and protestors. Education not segregation. Sounds like a smart idea. If you think so, let the Georgia Board of Regents know.
Megyn Kelly is trying to remain relevant by going after Sarah Silverman and it’s pitiful.
Handsome Animal Planet host asked if he’s too handsome. True fact: no such thing.
If you’re a big fan of the cinematography, film editing, live action short, and makeup and hairstyling categories in the Oscars, I’ve got some bad news for you.
I will not wear makeup in solidarity with my queen, Lena Headey:
Sex Monster News
Aziz Ansari addressed his whole situation at a comedy show at New York’s Village Underground:
From there, Ansari sat down, and his voice turned somber. He told the audience that there are two reasons he hasn’t really talked about that “whole thing” much, referring to the story that came out last year on Babe.net accusing him of sexual misconduct. First, he said, he wanted time to process and determine what he wanted to say. Second, “it’s a terrifying thing to talk about.” “There were times I felt really upset and humiliated and embarrassed, and ultimately I just felt terrible this person felt this way,” he continued, his voice wavering. “But you know, after a year, how I feel about it is, I hope it was a step forward. It made me think about a lot, and I hope I’ve become a better person.” Ansari recalled a conversation in which a friend told him it made him rethink every date he’s been on: “If that has made not just me but other guys think about this, and just be more thoughtful and aware and willing to go that extra mile, and make sure someone else is comfortable in that moment, that’s a good thing.”
His comments might not be enough for some people, but honestly, I’m good with it. Ansari’s situation, which always just sounded to me like bad sex as a result of a lack of communication, is not comparable to what Louis C.K. did. But he is handling it much better than Louis C.K. in every respect: he doesn’t surprise audiences, he is openly talking about the situation, he has acknowledged not just his experience but hers, too, and it sounds like he learned from it.
I can only speak for myself, but what I would hope for from this entire #MeToo moment is that men learn to be more empathetic to women’s experiences, that they examine their own prejudices and behavior, and that they hold other men accountable. It sounds like Ansari has done this and I wish him well.
This is interesting: actress AJ Cook is suing her manager for not disclosing multiple sexual assault accusations, arguing that his behavior could harm her reputation as an advocate for women’s issues.
D.L. Hughley says he wants Terry Crews to be the first guest on his late night talk show. This comes after he and Crews had a Twitter spat when Hughley questioned whether or not Crews was really assaulted. He then went on to suggest that the people involved with the #MeToo movement haven’t done enough about police violence. WHICH, NO. I think it’s fair to say that both things are bad! But you, D.L. Hughley, a man, do not get to claim that women and men like Terry Crews can’t speak out about sexual assault and harassment until something is done about police violence. WE CAN DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME, ASSHOLE, AND YOU AREN’T IN CHARGE.
And now Les Moonves and other CBS executives are accused of, and sued for, selling off shares — some $200 million worth — before the sexual harassment allegations became publicly known.
- Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers have both been renewed at Fox.
- Windy City Rehab has been renewed at HGTV.
- Last Call with Carson Daly has been canceled after … wait, this can’t be right … 17 seasons??
- A Chinese-American family comedy from a Rick & Morty writer has been ordered to pilot by ABC.
- Brave New World is being turned into a series at USA.
- Amy Schumer Growing, a stand-up special, is coming to Netflix.
- Merry Happy Whatever starring Dennis Quaid has been bought by Netflix.
- Bloodride is coming to Netflix.
- Modus, a Swedish thriller, is coming to PBS.
- Miss Fisher has been acquired by Acorn.
- America Unearthed is moving to Travel Channel.
- Serengeti will be coming to Discovery Channel.
- Jawline was bought by Hulu.
- Rusnestaff is being developed into a TV series.
- The Ruin of Kings is going to be turned into a TV series.
- The Lost Night is being turned into a TV series by Mila Kunis’ production company.
- Sarah Wayne Callies, Michele Weaver, and J. August Richards are going to star in the NBC pilot, Council of Dads.
- Amy Acker is joining Grey’s Anatomy.
- Chadwick Boseman, Delroy Lindo, and Jean Reno are going to star in Spike Lee’s Da 5 Bloods at Netflix.
- Shameik Moore, Ashton Sanders, Siddiq Saunderson, Marcus Callender, Zolee Griggs, and Erika Alexander will star in Wu-Tang: An American Saga on Hulu.
- Esther Povitsky has been added to the cast of Dollface on Hulu.
- Sherri Saum is going to recur on Facebook Watch’s Limetown.
- Sonya Deville is joining the cast of Total Divas on E!
- Echo Kellum has left Arrow.
Mark Your Calendars
- Catastrophe returns on Amazon for its final season on March 15.
- The Bold Type will return on Freeform on April 9.
- Queer Eye will return on Netflix on March 15.
- Expedition Unknown: Egypt Live, a live special in which a 3,000-year-old sarcophagus will be opened, will air on Discovery on April 7.
- Photograph will debut on Amazon on May 17.
- Action will debut on Showtime on March 24.
- Cold Justice will return on Oxygen on February 16.
- Portals to Hell will debut on Travel Channel on April 19.
- Drag Me Down the Aisle will premiere on TLC on March 9.
- Mission Declassified will debut on Travel Channel on March 24.
- The Atlanta Child Murders will debut on Investigation Discovery on March 23.
- Deadly Recall will premiere on Investigation Discovery on March 5.
- Feherty returns on Golf on February 25.
Lifetime just announced seven new movies:
- Who’s Stalking Me? on February 23
- The Killer Downstairs on March 2
- Suburban Swingers Club on March 9
- Mommy Group Murder on March 16
- Mommy’s Little Princess on March 17
- A Daughter’s Deception on March 23
- The Killer Next Door on March 30
Pedro Morales, WWE Hall of Famer
The Real Housewives of New Jersey: It’s the season finale and I’m like 78 episodes behind. ~siiiiiiiiiigh~ 8 p.m., Bravo
Celebrity Big Brother: A winner? is chosen. Season finale. 8 p.m., CBS
Paranormal Caught on Camera: Look, I’m a sucker for a crappy ghost show and I don’t care who knows it. Series premiere. 9 p.m., Travel
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Steve Martin, Martin Short, Avril Lavigne
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Will Forte, Second Chance Theatre
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Trevor Noah, Natasha Lyonne, the Marcus King Band
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Courteney Cox, Nick Kroll, Betty Who
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Rothe, Josh Groban
- The Daily Show: RaMell Ross
- Conan: Jay Baruchel
- Busy Tonight: Adam Devine
- Watch What Happens Live: OMG Moments
|CBS||The World’s Best
|Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
|FOX||Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back
|The Masked Singer