Lewis is NOT GUILTY.
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
As the actors’ strike hits day 101, SAG-AFTRA and the AMPTP are scheduled to return to the negotiating table tomorrow. CROSS YOUR FINGERS, EVERYONE. If only so all the actors can wear their planned Barbie Halloween costumes.
I look forward to screaming “scab” at my 8 year old all night. She’s not in the union but she needs to learn
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) October 19, 2023
One more week without a deal. One more week closer to this: pic.twitter.com/YoisWTVIA3
— stranger writers (@strangerwriters) October 20, 2023
People have been calling for the WGA to put out a statement about the situation in Israel, but they are declining to do so, noting that they don’t have consensus. Also, and maybe this is a controversial take, but maybe not every person or organization needs to express an opinion on a complicated, nuanced situation that has bedeviled the international community for nearly a century?
ALRIGHT. I’ve given you people time to watch Fall of the House of Usher, so let’s talk about it already.
Here are a bunch of wonderful Edgar Allen Poe easter eggs hidden within the series that you might have missed. One not mentioned here: Verna = Raven.
The poem at the end of the series is Edgar Allen Poe’s “Spirits of the Dead,” part of his very first poetry collections.
The comparisons between The Fall of the House of Usher and Succession are fairly obvious: the powerful patriarch, the worthless children, the ties to real people — the Murdochs and the Sacklers. But this piece suggests the biggest thing connecting the two series is the question of consequences, and how the 1% never really face any.
Collider suggests this is the most underrated character in the series (and the one who wins in the end).
Mike Flanagan had a color code for each of the characters which helped guide the production design of the series, and they also relied heavily on the works of Poe.
Rahul Kohli expressed his gratitude to the cast without violating SAG-AFTRA rules against promoting the series because he’s a class act:
As for where The Fall of the House of Usher lands in my Flanagan (series) rankings:
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Midnight Mass
- The Fall of the House of Usher
- The Haunting of Bly Manor
- The Midnight Club
This can change without notice.
The Saturday Night Live actress, Melanie Hutsell, who wore a prosthetic nose to portray Mayim Bialik has expressed her deep regrets over the issue, insisting that she resisted wearing it at the time.
Adam Sandler stopped a stand-up show when a member of the audience had a medical emergency. In other news, Adam Sandler is still doing stand-up.
- Gangs of London has been renewed at AMC+ and Sky.
- The Scapegoat, a historical drama anthology series, is being shopped around.
- Darin Brooks is leaving The Bold and the Beautiful on CBS.
Mark Your Calendar
- Squid Game: The Challenge will premiere on Netflix on November 22.
- Hidden Assets debuts on Acorn TV on November 13.
- Comedy Island Japan premieres on Prime Video on November 22.
- The second season of Yellowstone will begin airing on CBS on October 29.
- Fallout will premiere on Prime Video on April 12.
- Noble Energy will debut on Tiktok on November 14.
- Cribs is returning on MTV on November 15.
- Verified Stand-Up will premiere on Netflix on November 28
- Christmas with the Foxes will premiere on Fox Nation on November 23.
Elaine Devry, Actress who appeared in dozens of movies and TV shows such as Perry Mason, Death Valley Days, 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Bonanza, I Dream of Jeannie, and My Three Sons among many others
Sir Bobby Charlton, Legendary British soccer player
Bob George, Film producer
Dusty Frances Street, One of the first female radio DJs on the West Coast
Rangers at Astros: This series is going to be the death of me. 7:03 p.m., Fox Sports 1
The Royals: A New Era: This new docuseries explores the royal family and its dramas one year after the death of the Queen. Series premiere. 8 p.m., The CW
30 Coins: Father Vergara wakes up in a nightmarish realm in the season two premiere of the Spanish horror series. 9 p.m., HBO
The Cabin in the Woods: This clever 2012 film manages to pull off being funny and scary and very meta all at once. 7:25 p.m., ThrillerMax
Justice League: Warworld: An R-rated animated Justice League movie is a … choice. I do love that Jensen Ackles is voicing Batman. Genuinely A++ casting right there. Max
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Jacob Elordi, Julius Randle, Leslie Liao, Mick Jagger
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: John Oliver, Aaron Jackson & Josh Sharp, Neal Daniels
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Daniel Radcliffe, Jonathan Groff, Lindsay Mendez, Arlo Parks
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Ronny Chieng, Brothers Osborne
- The Daily Show: Guest host Desus Nice
- Watch What Happens Live: Tumi Mhlongo, Corinne Olympios
|ABC||Monday Night Football
|CBS||The Price is Right at Night
|The Royals: A New Era
|Special Forces: World’s Toughest Test