Dog Math is real and irrefutable.
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
Stephen Colbert had to host The Late Show last night from home having tested positive for COVID. Fun times. But also, why is he doing this from a podcast mic? Did they just get rid of his whole at-home set-up from 2020? Because that seems premature right about now.
Roy Wood Jr. says he might still be considered to be the host of The Daily Show, even though he just quit.
Meanwhile, Jordan Klepper is back at the rallies:
I’m not sure that I highly recommend the new Hulu documentary, Monster Inside: America’s Most Extreme Haunted House … it’s not for everyone, and I do worry that it will only introduce a man the filmmakers clearly think is a psychopath to new victims. That said, it is interesting if incredibly disturbing, and if you do watch it, I also recommend you check out the Netflix series Dark Tourist, episode eight, in which David Farrier interviews Russ McKamey just to get another look at this lunatic.
This is an argument that the era of Peak TV might really be over now that the studios are steering away from limited series, and more towards more traditional multi-season series. I hadn’t really associated Peak TV with limited series before, but I suppose the rise of limited and anthology series, allowed for bigger named talent and larger budgets, and it does make a certain sense.
- A reboot of Gargoyles is in the works on Disney+.
- Backed By The Bros and Don’t Hate Your House with the Property Brothers have been ordered at HGTV.
- A limited series about the Dassler family, the founders of Adidas, is in the works.
- Jeremy Renner will narrate Incredible Animal Journeys, Angela Bassett will narrate Queens and Awkwafina will narrate A Real Bug’s Life for Nat Geo.
- Anna Maxwell Martin has joined the cast of A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder on BBC.
Mark Your Calendars
- American Horror Stories returns on Hulu on October 26.
- Colin from Accounts will debut on Paramount+ on November 9.
- Maxine’s Baby: The Tyler Perry Story premieres on Prime Video on November 17.
- A Nearly Normal Family will premiere on Netflix on November 24.
- The Santa Clauses returns on Netflix on November 8.
- You’re Not Supposed to Be Here will debut on Lifetime on November 4.
- The Netflix Cup will stream on Netflix on November 14.
- Hannah Waddingham: Home for Christmas will premiere on Apple TV+ on November 22.
- Yet to Come will premiere on Prime Video on November 9.
Lara Parker, Dark Shadows actress
Joanna Merlin, Broadway actress who also played Law & Order: SVU‘s Judge Lena Petrovsky for dozens of episodes
The Devil on Trial: This documentary explores the notorious case of alleged possession that led to a murder that was explored in one of the Conjuring films. Premiere. Netflix
Frasier: CBS offers a taste of the new Paramount+ reboot of the classic sitcom. 7 p.m., CBS
Celebrity Squares: It’s ‘Hollywood Squares’ but in the 21st century. Series premiere. 7 p.m., VH1
The Witch: DOST THOU WISH TO LIVE DELICIOUSLY? 7:24 p.m., Outer Max
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Jared Freid
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Josh Gad, Ayesha Nurdjaja, Fred Armisen & Jacquelene Acevedo
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Rachel Maddow, Caroline Polachek
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Simu Liu, Myke Towers
- Watch What Happens Live: Heather McMahan, Monica Garcia
|ABC||Dancing with the Stars
|Press Your Luck
|CW||Inside the NFL
|FOX||Name That Tune
|9-1-1: Lone Star