I love this dog.
They call me #plantpotpaddy #dogsoftiktok #dog #funnydog #funnydogvideos #doglovers #goldador #goldadorsoftiktok #plantpot #gardening
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
The SAG Awards were last night, and on the TV side, The White Lotus was the only show to win multiple awards. (All of the winners are here.)
But we can all agree that Aubrey Plaza was the big winner of the night. Between this moment with Jenna Ortega:
Aubrey Plaza and Jenna Ortega being dark and moody together…love lol#SAGAwards pic.twitter.com/DOsD3bswlW
— Spencer Althouse (@SpencerAlthouse) February 27, 2023
And these perfect photobombs/Parks and Rec reunion:
📸 | Amy Poehler, Adam Scott and Aubrey Plaza backstage at the #SAGAwards pic.twitter.com/TbuNpT5jdP
— I Heart Amy Poehler (@amypoehlerorg) February 27, 2023
And for whatever she said at the end of F. Murray Abraham’s speech:
Better video of it. Aubrey Plaza def was on something and seemed annoyed/paranoid #SAGAwards pic.twitter.com/wWGYGg6lyV
— 🌊トーサー • 〔≡_≡〕 🌊 (@somegaveall) February 27, 2023
She was having a night, for sure.
Also amazing — but in a bittersweet way — was Christina Applegate who brought her daughter as her date, and said that it was likely her last awards show as an actor.
Christina Applegate walked the SAG Awards red carpet with her daughter, Sadie Grace LeNoble.
“It’s my last awards show as an actor probably, so it’s kind of a big deal,” Applegate told the Los Angeles Times.
📸: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images pic.twitter.com/0yTuRtZ09q
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) February 27, 2023
The star of last night’s The Last of Us episode, Storm Reid, thinks homophobes need to get the fuck over themselves and get used to seeing more LGBTQ+ representation in storytelling.
“Like Bella said when episode 3 came out: If you don’t like it, don’t watch,” Reid told Entertainment Weekly in an interview. “We are telling important stories. We’re telling stories of people’s experiences, and that’s what I live for. That’s what makes good storytelling because we are telling stories of people who are taking up space in the world.”
“It’s 2023. If you’re concerned about who I love, then I need you to get your priorities straight. There’s so many other things to worry about in life. Why are you concerned that these young people — or anybody — love each other? Love is beautiful, and the fact that people have things to say about it, it’s just nonsense.”
And yes, the homophobes were out here bitching about last night’s episode and review-bombing the episode — even though everything is how it unfolded in the game.
I know many are raving about The Last of Us (HBO TV series) but am I the only one that, having seen ep.7, thinks it's descended into utter woke bollox with the majority being meaningless padding apart from 2/3 mins of "action"?
— IksnisarobOfde (@borrieboy21) February 27, 2023
The Last of Us is the worst zombie show I’ve ever seen. It’s just woke agenda laden tripe.
— Keihndeth (@Keihndeth) February 27, 2023
Yet another woke Alphabet mafia propaganda episode of The Last of Us… Such garbage
— RELENTLESSxRG (@RELENTLESSRG) February 27, 2023
Least turn a rad fucking video game into a woke ass homosexual beauty
— cobra1d (@cobra1_d) February 27, 2023
The #lastofus gets worse with every episode..the woke BS never stops
— ULTRA-MAGA Psaki 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤❤ (@PsakiBerg77) February 27, 2023
Yeah I'm out on last of us. I'm not usually a "everything is woke" kinda person but this show is all over the place.
— The RetroBro (@The_RetroBro) February 27, 2023
Me (to everyone who is upset because The Last of Us HBO being "woke") excitedly waiting for Season 2 pic.twitter.com/B2tGkM2kOb
— • kulturpoop • Ari • (@kulturpoop_) February 27, 2023
Collider has a nice roundup of the game easter eggs in last night’s The Last of Us episode. And the show’s production designer talks about creating that mall and all of the easter eggs that they tried to incorporate.
But it was the use of “Take on Me” seems to be the thing that is freaking out the game players the most, so take note.
HAVING TAKE ON ME IN THE BACKGROUND IS INSANE pic.twitter.com/chmICZe2YW
— gigi | tlou era (@sapphosz) February 27, 2023
when take on me started playing #TheLastOfUs pic.twitter.com/whpcR9mOFq
— harLIVy (@ahsokabree) February 27, 2023
NOT THEM PLAYING TAKE ON ME IM UNALIVING #TheLastOfUs pic.twitter.com/gLSOCq1dbi
— meri!! bella ramsey emmy campaign manager (@pateIfilms) February 27, 2023
THEYRE PLAYING TAKE ON ME pic.twitter.com/IEtr56tv6X
— marin 🎧 (@legolover6000) February 27, 2023
NOT ‘TAKE ON ME’ COME ON #TheLastOfUs pic.twitter.com/QuH2ejAqld
— shelbi (@korra_alone) February 27, 2023
La Brea‘s showrunner seems to be disputing those reports that the series will end next season. Reminder: NBC only renewed La Brea for a six-episode third season and released all of the actors from their contracts. That doesn’t mean they couldn’t order more episodes and sign the actors to new contracts (especially if the writers’ strike doesn’t happen or is short) but … I mean …
As for David Appelbaum, the creator of La Brea, he told TVLine: “Right now, they’ve given us six episodes,” the showrunner affirmed. “They might add more episodes as this progresses. but there haven’t been any official decisions. A lot of that stuff is still kind of in flux.”
Warming Glow feels the same as I do about the end of Succession — which is while I would love for it to run for seven seasons, it’s probably better that it ends with four. But what I really appreciate from this piece is the “pitching a perfect game” metaphor, which works really well when we’re talking about a TV show that ends on its own terms. The longer any show goes, the more likely it is it will have a misstep and let us down. If the writers think it’s time, it’s time.
Eugene Levy is giving people hope for a Schitt’s Creek reboot.
Who do you think the highest-paid TV actor is? Yeah, wrong.
Former President Thin Skin reportedly had White House staffers call and whine to Disney about Jimmy Kimmel being SO MEAN about him, LOL. GOOD. I HOPE HE CRIED ABOUT IT.
Fox & Friends can’t tell the difference between movies and real life and nothing has surprised me less, frankly.
Yes, the timing of Adam Scott taking the role on Parks and Recreation immediately following the cancelation of Party Down does feel like maybe his joining Parks and Recreation is the reason Party Down was canceled. But he says it wasn’t in this story that still kinda suggests that it was.
Just after being crowned the most-followed woman on Instagram, Selena Gomez is taking a social media break and who can blame her, especially when she’s out here being bullied by Hailey Bieber and Kylie Jenner AND I AM A WOMAN WHO IS TECHNICALLY OLD ENOUGH TO BE A GRANDMOTHER WHY SHOULD I KNOW ANY OF THIS NONSENSE?
Love is Blind‘s S.K. is finally addressing the cheating allegations and while he’s claiming that he is taking responsibility, he’s definitely soft-pedaling his behavior, and YES I AM VERY INVESTED IN THIS STORY, SO SUE ME.
An Investigation Discovery show, Killer In Question, helped release a man who had been wrongfully imprisoned for 21 years for two murders.
Warner Bros. Discovery and Paramount+ are having a slap fight over South Park.
As I’ve mentioned a bunch of times, another writers’ strike is looming. And I only keep bringing it up because the last time we had a strike, it lasted more than 100 days, and disrupted the business in a number of ways. Here’s a look back at what happened and what we lost during the writers’ strike of 2007-2008.
Peacock is offering Peacock Premium (not to be confused with Peacock Premium Plus) for half off for a limited time.
Is Apple TV+ moving towards an advertising model? (Yes, probably, they all inevitably do, not having an advertising tier is just leaving money on the table, duh.)
Angela Basset did the thing: she checked in on Ariana DeBose after the whole BAFTA mess, and then shouted her out at the NAACP awards.
Ron DeSantis signed the bill that strips Disney of control over their special district that encompasses their theme parks to punish them for speaking out against the “Don’t Say Gay” bill. The way the GOP goes around claiming to be the pro-business, small-government party is embarrassingly laughable.
Scott Adams — the creator of the workplace cartoon Dilbert — said on his podcast that white people should “get the hell away from Black people,” labeling Blacks as a “hate group.” His cartoon was subsequently dropped from a number of newspapers, which he is now whinging about, before tweeting this:
I've lost three careers to direct racism so far. Crocker Bank, Pacific Bell, and cartooning.
All three were perpetrated by White people for their own gain.
No Black person has ever discriminated against me. That's partly why I identified as Black for several years.
— Scott Adams (@ScottAdamsSays) February 27, 2023
Genuinely, he might be losing his mind.
Jansen Panettiere’s family has released a statement about his death, revealing he died of an enlarged heart. I hope the entire family finds peace.
- A League Of Their Own has been renewed for a season 2 at Prime Video? Maybe?
Spring Training is officially underway! ⚾ pic.twitter.com/egCnw8yZV3
— Prime Video (@PrimeVideo) February 25, 2023
- Dr. Pimple Popper has been renewed by TLC for season 9.
- 90 Day Fiancé: Love in Paradise has been renewed by TLC for season 3.
- You, Me & My Ex has been renewed by TLC for season 2.
- 7 Little Johnstons has been renewed by TLC for season 13.
- Doubling Down With the Derricos has been renewed by TLC for season 4.
- The Night Manager has been renewed for seasons two and three on Prime Video and BBC.
- The Traitors (U.K.) has been renewed by BBC for season 2.
- Death In Paradise has been renewed for seasons 13 and 14 and 2 more Christmas specials at BBC One.
- Dead Boy Detectives is moving from HBO Max to Netflix.
- Reality, a film about Reality Winner starring Sydney Sweeney, has been bought by HBO.
- A documentary about the life and untimely death of TV host and author Paula Yates is in the works at Channel 4.
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally, and David Cross have joined the final season of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix.
- Meredith Hagner, Sally Bradford McKenna, and Dakota Johnson will star in Girlshow on Hulu.
- Michael Mando has been fired from Sinking Spring on Apple TV+ after getting into a fight with an unnamed co-star. He will be replaced by Wagner Moura.
- Eric Stonestreet has been added to the cast of The Santa Clauses on Disney+.
- Ashley Romans has joined The Hurt Unit on ABC.
- Kari Matchett has joined The Night Agent on Netflix.
- Stephen Fry has been set to host the U.K. version of Jeopardy! on ITV.
- Luke Arnold, Bella Heathcote, and Jay Ryan have all joined Scrublands for Australian streamer Stan.
Mark Your Calendar
- Fubar will premiere on Netflix on May 25.
- Ted Lasso returns on Apple TV+ on March 15.
- The Mandalorian returns on Disney+ on March 1.
In three days, the global phenomenon returns.
The new season of #TheMandalorian is streaming this Wednesday on @DisneyPlus. pic.twitter.com/GYbiZMBwfa
— The Mandalorian (@themandalorian) February 27, 2023
- Prom Pact will premiere on Disney+ on March 30.
- FBI True will debut on Paramount+ on February 28.
- The Challenge: World Championship will premiere on Paramount+ on March 8.
- Pokémon Concierge will premiere on Netflix soon.
- American Idol will air a special episode following the Oscars on ABC on March 12, because what everyone wants after three hours of the Oscars is more TV.
- Citadel will premiere on Prime Video on April 28.
- Secrets of Spain will debut on Cooking Channel on March 20.
- From Black will premiere on Shudder on April 14.
- New Japan Pro-Wrestling will debut on AXS on March 2.
Gordon Pinsent, Prolific Canadian actor with more than 150 credits to his name
Ray Jenkins, British TV screenwriter
Walter Mirisch, Former president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and film producer
Brett Radin, Talent manager
America’s Got Talent: All Stars: Weezer, Babyface, Adam Lambert, Lindsey Stirling, Terry Fator, Mat Franco and choir group Voices of Hope perform alongside the 11 finalists in the season finale. 7 p.m., NBC
NCIS: Parker’s dad helps on an investigation in the 450th episode. 8 p.m., CBS
Alert: Keith’s mysterious disappearance begins to come to light in the two-hour finale. 7 p.m., Fox
Elvis Presley: ’68 Comeback Special: The King’s leather extravaganza. If you’ve never seen this concert special, it’s a great reminder of why Elvis was such a phenomenon. 7 p.m., PBS
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Gigi Hadid, Chase Stokes, Micky Dolenz, Dierks Bentley
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Woody Harrelson, Niall Horan, Atom Willard
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Damian Lewis, Linda Thomas-Greenfield
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Wanda Sykes, Joel McHale, Tomorrow X Together
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Michael B. Jordan, Blake Shelton
- The Daily Show: Guest host Hasan Minhaj
- Watch What Happens Live: Danielle Olivera, Gabby Prescod
|The Good Doctor
|Bob ♥ Abishola
|FOX||Alert: Missing Persons Unit
|NBC||America’s Got Talent: All-Stars