For all the older siblings out there:
#siblings #funny #siblingslove #siblingslifebelike
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
Will Smith sat down with Trevor Noah on The Daily Show last night, and opened up about The Slap.
“And I guess what I would say, you just never know what somebody is going through,” Smith told Noah. “I was going through something that night. Not that that justifies my behavior at all … “And it’s like I understood the idea where they say hurt people hurt people.”
“That was a rage that had been bottled for a really long time.”
While I don’t condone Smith slapping Chris Rock on one of the biggest stages in the world for what was a dumb joke, I genuinely do not think that Will Smith is a bad person, and I believe he’s paid penance. Compare Smith’s response to The Slap to, say, someone like Louis C.K. who never really apologized for his behavior, and just hid out for a while, before showing up at shows unannounced, forcing his comeback on people who may not have wanted to be a part of it. And don’t even get me started on Johnny Depp. Smith is at least contrite and clearly trying to work on himself, which is more than can be said for most Hollywood men who have fucked up.
While we’re on the topic of the Oscars, they will air all 23 categories live next year, having learned their lesson from last year’s awkward ceremony.
Fox Sports cut away from the Uruguay/Portugal World Cup match when a protestor ran onto the field with a rainbow flag, and wearing a shirt that read “Save Ukraine” and “Respect for Iranian Women.” And look, while my initial response is BOO, FOX SPORTS, I also understand that they don’t want to air such shenanigans and encourage every fan with some issue to run on the field.
So Tonald Drump. The former Ding-Dong in Chief hosted Kanye West and soft- boy white supremacist Nick Fuentes at Mar-A-Lago for Thanksgiving. According to West, he invited Former President Clogged Arteries to be his Vice-Presidential running mate in 2024, which, as you can imagine, infuriated ol’ Former President Cheeto Dick. But everyone else jumped on the fact that Nick Fuentes — an anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying incel who believes that we need to reinstate Jim Crow laws, take away the right to vote from women, burn women alive, and outlaw abortion, contraception, mixed marriages, and gay rights, among some of his most charming ideas — was granted an audience with the Former President.
Some moderate Republicans immediately condemned Former President Very Fine People for hosting West and Fuentes, including his own Vice-President, prompting Former President Tiki Torch to claim he doesn’t know who Fuentes is. OK. Other Republicans, like Speaker of the House Wannabe, Kevin McCarthy, have remained silent, scared to alienate their base.
Just think about that for one second.
Anyway, late night obviously had some thoughts about all of this:
“Our festively Yam-colored former president had a busy holiday week. A meeting of the mindless at Mar-A-Lago,” Kimmel said.
Stephen Colbert on Former President Big Mac Farts being Kanye’s vice-president: “How would that even work? Can you send a mob to hang yourself? ‘Find my neck! Find my neck!’”
“Why do journalists still act surprised when Donald Trump does Donald Trump stuff? ‘Even for Donald Trump, this is –‘ what do you mean ‘even for Donald Trump?’ It’s Donald Trump doing Donald Trump. Trump having dinner with Nazis is not outrageous. If he had dinner with vegetables, that would be outrageous. That would be crazy.” — Trevor Noah
They are threatening us with a fourth hour of The Today Show.
Meghan Markle used to be a big Real Housewives fan until her own life provided enough drama.
One of the “Plus Eight” of Jon and Kate Plus Eight says the strain of being on the show tore his family apart. HUH. HOW SURPRISING.
The Star Trek Olds are still having a slap fight.
Matt Smith, ladies and gentlemen:
I think my ovaries exploded #houseofthedragon #hotd #hotdcast #hotdbts #houseofthedragonhbo #houseofthedragoncast #mattsmith #daemontargaryen #fireandblood #asoiaf #teamblack
After an investigative report by Rolling Stone and an anonymous letter about Kanye West’s misconduct while at Adidas, the company is launching an investigation. According to the reports, West created a “toxic and chaotic environment” by using “a variety of intimidation tactics with the staff of his fashion empire that were provocative, frequently sexualized, and often directed toward women.” Those tactics included playing porn in meetings, showing intimate and explicit photos and videos of Kim Kardashian to staffers, as well as his own sex tapes. And this went on for years until West started making anti-semitic comments, which ultimately led to Adidas cutting off their relationship with him.
O Yeong-su, the actor who played Oh Il-nam in Netflix’s Squid Game, has been indicted on charges of sexual abuse in Korea. He claims he was just holding the woman’s hand, but methinks there’s a lot more to this story.
Chloë Grace Moretz has opened up about being a young actress, and how she dealt with power struggles with older male actors on set, receiving “pushback” from them.
One Tree Hill actresses, Sophia Bush, Hilarie Burton, and Bethany Joy Lenz, reveal that they were pressured to do a Maxim cover by their sexually-harassing showrunner Mark Schwahn.
Helena Bonham Carter has some very bad thoughts that she felt needed to be shared, including:
“Do you ban a genius for their sexual practices? There would be millions of people who if you looked closely enough at their personal life you would disqualify them. You can’t ban people. I hate cancel culture. It has become quite hysterical and there’s a kind of witch hunt and a lack of understanding.”
And Johnny Depp has been “completely vindicated” and that Amber Heard was just jumping on the #MeToo bandwagon. (Ask the British courts if he’s been vindicated, Helena.)
And that J.K. Rowling has been “hounded” and “suffered abuse.”
Interestingly, she has little interest for any redemption for Kevin Spacey, which … huh?
Speaking of Kevin Spacey, he’s just landed his first film role since being found not liable in the sexual misconduct case brought against him by Anthony Rupp.
Sean Kugler, the offensive line coach/running game coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals, has been fired after reportedly groping a woman right before Sunday’s game in Mexico City.
K-Pop singer Kris Wu has been sentenced to 13 years in Bejing for raping three women.
Another woman has stepped forward to accuse Arcade Fire’s Win Butler of engaging in an inappropriate and abusive relationship. She’s the fifth such woman to do so.
So in the environment in which drag queens and gay folk are being falsely accused of being “groomers” and exposing children to inappropriately sexualized behaviors, books, and other media, someone at the fashion brand Balenciaga thought creating an ad campagin with children holding teddy bears in S&M gear was a good idea. Balenciaga is suing the production company and designer responsible for the ad campaign — which they had to sign off on — and Kim Kardashian is rethinking her relationship with the brand. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY ADULT PEOPLE HAD TO SIGN OFF ON THIS?
- Tell Me Lies has been renewed for a second season on Hulu.
- Miss Scarlet and The Duke has been renewed for a fourth season by Masterpiece on PBS.
- Just Cause, a limited series thriller starring Scarlett Johansson, has been ordered by Prime Video.
- Red Shirt, an international spy thriller starring Channing Tatum has been acquired by Prime Video.
- A Spy Among Friends has been picked up by MGM+ (formerly known as Epix) after Spectrum moved out of the original series business.
- Romancero, a Spanish supernatural horror series, has been set at Prime Video.
- Outrageous has been ordered on UKTV’s Drama network.
- Steve Martin and Martin Short will co-host Saturday Night Live on December 10 with Brandi Carlisle as the musical guest. Austin Butler will host on December 17 with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
- Ed Helms and Jennifer Garner will co-star in Family Leave on Netflix.
- Ryan Eggold and Isaiah Mustafa have joined Cross on Prime Video.
- Peter Stormare, Tim Dekay, and Amelia Rico have all been added to the cast of 1923 on Paramount+.
Mark Your Calendars
- That ’90s Show will debut on Netflix on January 19.
- Fantasy Island will return on Fox on January 2.
- The Volcano: Rescue from Whakaari premieres on Netflix on December 16. (So … yeah … my husband is a lawyer working on this incident and I happen to know a lot about it. Trust me: this is an incredibly harrowing story that somehow didn’t get much coverage on this side of the world because the pandemic hit shortly thereafter.)
- Baking It returns on Peacock on December 12.
Love for the Ages will premiere on Peacock on December 15.
- Sting: A Winter’s Night… Live from Durham Cathedral premieres on AXS TV on December 3.
- Private Lesson premieres on Netflix on December 16.
- The Big 4 will debut on Netflix on December 15.
- Bros will premiere on Peacock on December 2.
- The Drop will debut on Hulu on January 13.
- The Checkup with Dr. David Agus will premiere on Paramount+ on December 12.
- A Christmas Open House debuts on HGTV on December 7; A Gingerbread Christmas on December 8.
- Candy Coated Christmas premieres on Food Network on December 8; Designing Christmas on December 14; One Delicious Christmas on December 15.
- Master Minds returns on Game Show Network on January 9.
- Pelosi in the House will debut on HBO on December 13.
Nick Holly, Manager, writer, and producer who co-created Sons & Daughters
Clarence Gilyard Jr., Actor in Walker, Texas Ranger, Matlock, and films including Die Hard and Top Gun
Behind the Music: So, this is back. How long until they bring back Pop Up Videos and I Love the 2010s? Paramount+
Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields: This limited series focuses on a stretch of road in League City, Texas where numerous bodies were discarded, and grieving families are still looking for answers. Premiere. Netflix
The Laughter & Secrets of Love Actually: 20 Years Later — A Diane Sawyer Special: Fun fact about me: I hate Love Actually. Terrible movie. 7 p.m., ABC
Reindeer in Here: In this new ripoff of Rudolph, Blizzard is a unique reindeer who has one antler longer than the other. I mean, I don’t know how this helps Santa get through shitty weather but sure. Premiere. 8 p.m., CBS
The Rookie: Feds: Simone and her team support their boss in the fall finale. 9 p.m., ABC
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Whoopi Goldberg, Sam Worthington, Gabe LaBelle, Manuel Turizo
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Sally Field, Maria Ressa
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Billy Crystal, Kate Berlant, Camilo
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Chloë Grace Moretz, Glen Powell, Renee Rapp
- The Daily Show: Pam Grier
- Watch What Happens Live: Hoda Kotb, Jenna Bush Hager
|ABC||The Laughter & Secrets of Love Actually: 20 Years Later – A Diane Sawyer Special
|Cold to the Touch
|The Rookie: Feds
|CBS||Rudolph the Red- Nosed Reindeer||Reindeer in Here
|FBI: Most Wanted
|Lopez vs. Lopez
|Lopez vs. Lopez
|Michael Bublé’s Christmas In The City|