Me scrolling through Twitter. 🔊🆙️ pic.twitter.com/heBzEjUfZz
— Paul Bronks (@SlenderSherbet) September 20, 2022
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
One of the La Brea actors claims that the time-travel rules on the series will begin to make sense this season. WELL, I DON’T KNOW WHY IT SHOULD START NOW.
Maren Morris has been nominated for a CMA award, but says she’s not sure if she is going to attend the ceremony because of an online feud with Jason Aldean’s wife. After Brittany Aldean wrote the caption “I’d really like to thank my parents for not changing my gender when I went through my tomboy phase. I love this girly life,” on an Instagram post, Morris tweeted, “It’s so easy to, like, not be a scumbag human? Sell your clip-ins and zip it, Insurrection Barbie.” Aldean started going on Fox News where she called Morris a “lunatic,” so Morris made T-shirts and raised over $150,000 for trans youth. And now if you’ll excuse me, I have a T-Shirt to go buy. (DAMMIT, they’re sold out. It was a class move, Morris.)
But can we stop here and talk for a second about how
two three! of the twelve celebrity relatives of the contestants of the ridiculously dumb ABC summer show, Claim to Fame, have been involved in gross scandals immediately following the show? What is going on over there that 25% of the celebrities on that show — and not minor celebrities! — have been caught up in scandals in the past couple of months?
SPOILER ALERT if you haven’t cleared out your DVR yet, but:
- The runner-up to the show was Logan Crosby, Jason Aldean’s cousin.
- Another contestants was Jasmine English, Tiffany Haddish’s sister. Haddish was recently sued for sexually abusing two minors in a comedy sketch several years ago, though the suit has just been dropped by the plaintiff.
- And one of the first contestants to be eliminated was Brittany Favre, daughter of Brett Favre — though I don’t think she’s the daughter for whom he conspired to steal Mississippi welfare money to build a better volleyball gym at her college. I think that was her younger sister.
WHOOPI GOLDBERG, YOU BETTER WATCH YOURSELF.
Anyway, Claim to Fame was, as I said, a ridiculously dumb ABC summer show. 10/10, would watch again.
Zach wishing he went on Claim to Fame instead of #TheBachelorette pic.twitter.com/iddINTANKv
— Bachelor[ette] (@CheersToTheRose) September 14, 2022
That new Hulu comedy series Reboot was inspired by the disaster that exploded the reboot of Roseanne.
NewsNation is going to broadcast the Governor debate here in Texas, and the Senate debates in Pennsylvania and Georgia to the entire country, if y’all are interested.
Ted Lasso and Richmond AFC will be playable in FIFA 23:
Believe it. #FIFA23 x @TedLasso
He's proven he belongs in the game, now Ted Lasso and @AFCRichmond are playable in FIFA 23 starting September 30.
Learn more 👇https://t.co/n4eQXTC4f4 pic.twitter.com/M9tIiqKHPx
— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) September 21, 2022
Ohmygod if I have to see one more story about the non-existent Community movie …
The Stranger Things writers posted a blurry picture of their storyboard on Twitter, and fans are desperately trying to unblur it. ENHANCE!
Grid complete pic.twitter.com/vAX7z4NAJY
— stranger writers (@strangerwriters) September 20, 2022
i tried unblurring a section but it just looks like a murder scene https://t.co/cZkGhTthqs pic.twitter.com/KD048S3yt4
— ame (@willeldefender) September 21, 2022
OMMG GUYYYS!!!???!! https://t.co/t6BktWoUzm pic.twitter.com/suBmz7hwmM
— june (@fawnluvrs) September 21, 2022
GUYS HOLY SHIT https://t.co/PuaxBfiwdQ pic.twitter.com/5BGgMzjQeQ
— 🔞⛧🜏Sovi (he/they)🜏⛧ | 🦇🍦 (@MISSILE_KIDD) September 21, 2022
Unrelated but related:
If you like STRANGER THINGS today is your day!!!! because the Byers house is for sale. Currently listed for $300,000 in Fayetteville, GA pic.twitter.com/hGHa2117eS
— Zillow Gone Wild 🏡 (@zillowgonewild) September 21, 2022
Reminder: the Brits take queuing VERY SERIOUSLY.
German QAnon is convinced something big is going to happen on September 24 because of the Ukraine war and a nine-year-old Simpsons episode. We live in the stupidest time.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! has been renewed for three more seasons at ABC.
- Alex vs America has been renewed for season three at Food Network.
- Murder By the Book, a crime drama starring Retta, has been given a put pilot order at NBC.
- ABC has given a pilot order to Haut Potentiel Intellectuel (HPI), an adaptation of the French crime comedy.
- A Roseanne Comedy Special has been ordered at Fox Nation.
- All-of-a-Kind Family is being developed into a drama series by the Jim Henson Company.
- In the Know, an adult animated series, has been given an order at Peacock.
- Human Playground, a documentary narrated by Idris Elba, is coming to Netflix.
- Chloé Zhao has signed a first-look deal with Searchlight Television.
- Miles Teller, Brendon Gleason, and Megan Thee Stallion will host the first three episodes of Saturday Night Live this season. Kendrick Lamar and Willow will be the musical guests for the first two episodes, and Megan Thee Stallion will be the musical guest on her own episode.
- Nicole Byer, Harvey Guillén, Jessica Lowe, and Andrew Lewis Caldwell star in Cursed Friends on Comedy Central.
- Molly Ringwald has been added to Feud on FX.
- Bradley Whitford has joined Parish at AMC and AMC+.
- Jeremy Allen White has joined the cast of Fingernails on Apple TV+.
- Lily Collins will star in Razzlekhan: The Infamous Crocodile of Wall Street on Hulu.
- Logan Lerman will star in We Are the Lucky Ones on Hulu.
- David Alan Grier is joining Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration on ABC.
- Donal Logue and Gloria Reuben have joined the cast of The Equalizer on CBS.
- Tyner Rushing is joining For All Mankind on Apple TV+.
- Margo Martindale and Amy Landecker are joining Your Honor on Showtime.
- John Cena, Ben Schwartz, and Paula Pell have joined the cast of Die Hart 2: Die Harter on Roku.
- Gratiela Brancusi and Lane Garrison have joined the cast of Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount+.
- Eric Roberts, Deniz Akdeniz, and Jessica Betts will guest star on The Rookie: Feds on ABC.
Mark Your Calendars
- Hellraiser debuts on Hulu on October 7.
Heckraiser from rarepuppers
- The Mole will premiere on Netflix on October 7.
- Eli Roth Presents: My Possessed Pet will premiere on Travel Channel and Discovery+ on September 30.
- Urban Legends will premiere on Travel Channel and Discovery+ on October 28.
- Dragstravaganza premieres on Hulu on September 29.
- 38 at the Garden debuts on HBO on October 11.
- Hello debuts on BET+ on September 22.
- Batwheels premieres October 17 on HBO Max.
- Inside Amy Schumer will return on Paramount+ on October 5.
- Your Honor returns on Showtime on December 11.
- The Story of Art in America will debut on Ovation TV on October 10.
- Saving the Manor will premiere on HGTV on October 7.
- Cursed Friends debuts on Comedy Central on October 8.
Maurice Morning “Maury” Wills, Former Los Angeles Dodger
Anne-Marie Ross, Lionsgate executive
Andor: Diego Luna stars in this two-season prequel to the film Rogue One. Series premiere. Disney+
The Conners: Darlene and Ben, and Jackie and Neville have a joint honeymoon, and what could possibly go wrong with that? Season premiere. 7 p.m., ABC
Survivor: Season premiere. 7 p.m., CBS
The Masked Singer: 22 new singers compete this season. Premiere. 7 p.m., Fox
Chicago Med: Dylan makes a life-changing decision. Season premiere. 7 p.m., NBC
The Goldbergs: Everyone moves back home. Season premiere. 7:30 p.m., ABC
Abbott Elementary: The teachers return to school for development week in the season premiere. 8 p.m., ABC
LEGO Masters: The competitors are given a space-based challenge. Season premiere. 8 p.m., Fox
Chicago Fire: Kidd and Severide’s honeymoon is interrupted. Season premiere. 8 p.m., NBC
Home Economics: The family goes to Disneyland for a little cross-branding synergy. Season premiere. 8:30 p.m., ABC
Chicago P.D.: Voight faces a new threat in the season premiere. 9 p.m., NBC
Amazing Race: Season premiere. 9 p.m., CBS
Big Sky: IT’S REBA TIME! Season premiere. 9 p.m., ABC
Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story: This limited series explores one of America’s most notorious serial killers mostly from the perspective of his victims. Premiere. Netflix
Meet Cute: Kaley Cuoco and Pete Davidson star in this new romantic comedy about a woman who finds a time machine in a nail salon and uses it to go back in time to fix problems on a date she had the previous night. Premiere. Peacock
The Real Bling Ring: Two of the notorious thieving ring tell their stories. Premiere. Netflix
Shadowland: This six-part documentary explores how conspiracy theories have spread across this country. Premiere. Peacock
The Kardashians: They’re back. Season premiere. Hulu
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Eli Manning, Ana Fabrega, Michael Rowland
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Billy Eichner, Beth Ditto, Craig Reynolds
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Olivia Wilde, Dmytro Kuleba
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Tyra Banks, Yvonne Orji, David Blaine
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: John Boyega, Tyler James Williams, Weezer
- The Daily Show: Beto O’Rourke
- Watch What Happens Live: Dorit Kemsley, Garcelle Beauvais
|The Amazing Race
|World’s Funniest Animals
|World’s Funniest Animals
|FOX||The Masked Singer