Happy Fourth of July to those of you who feel like celebrating this year. Can’t say I count myself amongst them in the wake of all the damage that the Supreme Court has done this session, but feel free to eat a hot dog and enjoy some fireworks on my behalf. I guess.
All Other TV News
This will come as no surprise, but Stranger Things is breaking all sorts of Netflix records. It is the first series on the streamer to break seven billion minutes of viewing time — and this data was from a month ago, long before the final two episodes dropped. I’m not going to post anything spoilery about those episodes … yet. But I will start posting about them in the next week or so.
There was a minor car accident on the set of The Muppets Mayhem and no one was injured. The accident took place at 11:30 p.m., as the series has been filming long days for weeks now, and will add to the controversy surrounding long hours on set.
Have you ever wondered how Top Chef comes up with those Quick Fire challenges? (Honestly, I’m more interested in how the chefs pull off the Quick Fires in the short time they have — it seems impossible.)
- Ten Year Old Tom has been renewed for a second season on HBO.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife has been canceled at HBO after one season.
- Ingmar Bergman’s Faithless is being adapted for television.
- The Invisible Girl is in the works at Disney+.
- In Love and Deep Water has been greenlit at Netflix.
- The Moon Represents My Heart has been greenlit at Netflix.
- Amazon has secured the rights to the Champions League for the 2024/2025 season.
- David Arquette and Elizabeth Marvel have joined the cast of Mrs. Davis on Peacock.
- Kristian Alfonso has joined Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem on Peacock.
- Butch Patrick, the original Eddie, has a role in the remake of The Munsters movie.
Mark Your Calendar
- Reasonable Doubt will premiere on Hulu on September 27.
- Star Trek: Prodigy debuts on Nickelodeon on July 8.
- Resident Alien returns on Syfy on August 10.
- Industry returns on HBO on August 1.
- Chesapeake Shores returns on The Hallmark Channel on August 17.
The rumors are true!! Chesapeake Shores 🌊☀️ returns to Hallmark Channel on August 14! Come see what the O’Brien family has been up to! What are you most excited about #Chessies? pic.twitter.com/anfpneyYeJ
— Hallmark Channel (@hallmarkchannel) June 29, 2022
- Women Who Rock debuts on Epix on July 10.
THE OFFICIAL TRAILER FOR WOMEN WHO ROCK IS HERE! Episode 1, featuring @mavisstaples @funkrockster @ChakaKhan and SO MANY MORE premieres 7/10 on @EPIXHD (PS CRAVE in Canada, SKY in EU) I think y'all are gonna love what we made. pic.twitter.com/iivsPdCnv1
— Jessica Hopper (@jesshopp) June 30, 2022
- History’s Crazy Rich Ancients will premiere on The History Channel on July 17.
- 60 Days In returns on A&E on August 18.
- Remarriage & Desires will debut on Netflix on July 15.
- Young Royals will debut on Netflix in November.
why is it when you need to breathe the most you suddenly forget how? here's the first look images from YR s2 ❤️🔥 pic.twitter.com/9Fkx61K99I
— Netflix Nordic (@NetflixNordic) June 30, 2022
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure STONE OCEAN will return on Netflix on September 1.
- Record of Ragnarök II will debut on Netflix in 2023.
- Love in the Limelight will premiere on Hallmark Channel on August 6.
- American Detective with Lt. Joe Kenda returns on ID and discovery+ on July 6.
- Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted Showdown will debut on Nat Geo on July 25.
Joe Turkel, Character actor best known for his role as the bartender in The Shining
Peter Brook, British filmmaker and theater director
Bruno “Pop N Taco” Falcon, Breakdancer featured in Breakin’ and backup dancer for Michael Jackson
Tommy Morgan, Harmonica soloist who played on film and TV soundtracks including Dances with Wolves, Roots, Sandford and Son, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Dukes of Hazard, and many others
Alex Law, Screenwriter, and director
Ni Kuang, Hong Kong screenwriter and novelist
Arnold Skolnick, Designer of the Woodstock poster
Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular: Fireworks go boom. 7 p.m., NBC
A Capitol Fourth: The nation celebrates its 246th birthday. 7 p.m., PBS
America the Beautiful: Michael Jordan hosts this nature docuseries that explores our nations most amazing animals. Premiere. Disney+
|ABC||The Great American Tag Sale With Martha Stewart
|The American Rescue Dog Show
|Bob ♥ Abishola
|CW||Roswell, New Mexico
|In the Dark
|FOX||Don’t Forget the Lyrics!
|NBC||Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular