It is, Peggy.
All Other TV News
Finally, some good news for Netflix: Stranger Things just broke the streamer’s best-ever debut weekend for an English-language series with 286.79 million hours viewed. That “English-language series” is important: Squid Game is still far and away Netflix’s biggest hit, followed by Money Heist if you’re curious.
This success suggests that Netflix will not be going to weekly releases for big titles anytime soon.
yo viendo Stranger Things en 2016/ yo ahorita pic.twitter.com/sRzpwiJEZK
— ٰ (@marisolelizald) May 27, 2022
us watching stranger things with the new fans pic.twitter.com/KXBPhPQCLu
— HOOD VOGUE is tired of poverty (@keyon) May 27, 2022
me rn bcs I just binge-watched stranger things volume 1 for 9 hours straight and have to wait 35 days for volume 2 to come out #StrangerThings4 pic.twitter.com/0v2wHtjJy1
— rach₊˚ˑ༄. (#1 RONANCE SHIPPER) (@rachegrayy) May 27, 2022
Go ahead and speculate about Will’s sexuality all you want, the Stranger Things cast isn’t talking.
And now more bad news for Netflix: Netflix’s test run of cracking down on password sharing isn’t going great. My takeaway from this is that Netflix is trying to tie an account to one physical location, meaning it’s going to be harder for you to use your account when you’re on vacation or if you move, or if your kid goes off to school? Yeah, good luck, Netflix.
Kelly Cuoco is out here suggesting that there won’t be a third season of The Flight Attendant, FYI.
The Staircase on HBO Max is pissing off another real-life player.
If you are an Anglophile and are interested in watching the Queen’s Jubilee events happening this weekend, ABC is here to help you out. Sorta. Sometimes.
Currently, if a series has episodes that will air or stream after the Emmys’ May 31 eligibility cutoff date, the show can make the remaining episodes available to Emmy voters and still be considered. However, beginning next year, all those episodes have to air by May 31 to be considered, which means Spring 2023 is going to be even crazier than this year in terms of prestige dramas being pushed out.
Hold up, Bethenny Frankel got her start on The Apprentice: Martha Stewart? FOR REAL?
LeVar Burton is being all cryptic about what happened with Jeopardy!
I told you Ben Kenobi was disappointed in you:
A personal message from Ewan McGregor. pic.twitter.com/rJSDmj663K
— Star Wars (@starwars) June 1, 2022
- Our Flag Means Death has been renewed for a second season on HBO Max.
- Slow Horses has been renewed for seasons three and four at Apple TV+.
- Brett Gelman will star in Entitled on Showtime/Channel 4.
- Adrienne Warren is set to star in Black Cake on Hulu.
- Crystal Yu is joining the cast of History of a Pleasure Seeker on Hulu.
- Danielle Macdonald is going to star in Poker Face on Peacock.
- Antoni Porowski will host Easy-Bake Battle on Netflix.
- Julianna Margulies is not expected to make an appearance on The Good Fight before it ends, sorry to disappoint.
Mark Your Calendars
- American Gigolo will premiere on Showtime soon.
- Gotham Knights will debut on The CW sometime midseason 2023.
- The Bear will premiere on Hulu on June 23.
- Three Women will premiere on Showtime this fall.
- The Summer I Turned Pretty will premiere on Prime Video on June 17.
- The Only will debut on Paramount+ on July 12.
- Austin Dillon’s Life in the Fast Lane premieres on USA on June 23.
- Nickelodeon Slime Cup premieres on Nickelodeon on June 25.
- Women Who Rock will debut on EPIX on July 10.
- Big Brother and The Challenge: USA will premiere on CBS on July 6.
- Married at First Sight returns on Lifetime on July 6.
- LEGO Star Wars Summer Vacation will premiere on Disney+ on August 5.
Charles Siebert, Actor known for his role in Trapper John, M.D.
Stephen S. Thompson, BAFTA-winning screenwriter
, Legendary talent agent and founder of ICM
Kr“sh”akumar “KK” Kunnath, Popular Indian playback singer and songwriter
The Real Housewives of Dubai: These women take ridiculous wealth to a whole new level. Series premiere. 8 p.m., Bravo
Generation Drag: Tyra Banks hosts this new series that follows five teens as they prepare for their first drag performance. NO ONE TELL RON DESANTIS. Discovery+
South Park: The Streaming Wars: Premiere. Paramount+
The Orville: Well, this is back. You’ll always be my first hate-blog, Orville. Series premiere. Hulu
- The Daily Show: Sen. Chris Murphy, Akwaeke Emezi
|The Wonder Years
|Press Your Luck
|CBS||Let’s Make a Deal Primetime
|The Price Is Right At Night
|So You Think You Can Dance