LISTEN. It’s Memorial Day, and I know that you’re not exactly champing at the bit for a bunch of TV news when you have pools to be in and burgers to cook. So, I’m just going to leave you with a little bit of news, and these two very excited cockatoos who meet in a pet store for the first time and become chaotic comic gold. See you tomorrow:
All Other TV News
OK, I’d usually put it in “CASTING” but … this is weird? Matthew Morrison has been fired as a judge from So You Think You Can Dance for not “follow[ing] competition production protocols”? What on earth does this even mean? COVID protocols? Something else? It’s strange.
Here’s a list of shows with very bad people, also known as a list of Therese’s favorite shows.
- Selling the Hamptons has been renewed for a second season on Discovery+.
- Star Wars: Visions has been renewed for a second season on Disney+.
- Avenue 5 is expected to end after the second season on HBO.
- Tales Of The Jedi and Young Jedi Adventures, two new animated series have been ordered to Disney+. Also ordered, The Acolyte, a Star Wars series set before the Skywalker saga.
- Saltburn, a movie starring Rosamund Pike, has been acquired by Prime Video.
- Liam Neeson will be voicing Qui-Gon Jinn for Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi on Disney+.
- Val Kilmer will be in Willow on Disney+.
- Alexis Bledel has left The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu.
- Aurora Perrineau has been cast as a lead in Kaos on Netflix.
- Milo Manheim is joining Doogie Kamealoha, MD on Disney+.
- Natasha Liu Bordizzo has joined Ashoka on Disney+.
- Loretta Devine, Sheila E., Misty Copeland, Ellie Kemper, Jack McBrayer, Ryan Michelle Bathe, and Wendell Pierce have all joined the voice cast of Eureka! on Disney Junior.
- Amir Arison and Laura Sohn are leaving The Blacklist on NBC.
Mark Your Calendar
- The Good Fight returns on Paramount+ on September 8.
- The Bad Batch will premiere on Disney+ in the fall.
- Power Book III: Raising Kanan returns on Starz on August 14.
- Jack Osbourne’s Night of Terror: Bigfoot will debut on Discovery+ on June 26.
- Spriggan will debut on Netflix on June 18.
- Angry Birds: Summer Madness returns on Netflix on June 24.
- Twist is streaming on The Roku Channel.
- Gold Rush: Parker’s Trail returns on Discovery and Discovery+ on June 17.
George Shapiro, Executive producer of Seinfeld, and legendary talent manager
Bo Hopkins, Actor in The Wild Bunch, American Graffiti, and Midnight Express among other
Ronnie Hawkins, Rockabilly artist
Pistol: Academy-Award-winning director Danny Boyle tells the story of the Sex Pistols in this new limited series. Premiere. FX on Hulu
Norm Macdonald: Nothing Special: Norm Macdonald filmed a secret special before his death, leaving us with one last goodbye. It also includes footage from his memorial service. Netflix
Julia: It feels like there’s been a ton of Julia Child stuff out there recently, right? The HBO Max miniseries, the cooking competition show? And now this, a documentary from CNN. 7 p.m., CNN
American Ninja Warrior: All-stars return to compete. 7 p.m., NBC
Theodore Roosevelt: The Great Adventure: Based on Doris Kearns Goodwin’s Leadership: In Turbulent Times, this miniseries explores the life and times of President Roosevelt. Premiere. 7 p.m., History
|Bob ♥ Abishola
|CW||World’s Funniest Animals: Summer Fling
|World’s Funniest Animals
|World’s Funniest Animals
|FOX||Don’t Forget the Lyrics!
|NBC||American Ninja Warrior