— 𝕐o̴g̴ (@Yoda4ever) May 4, 2022
All Other TV News
At the Netflix is a Joke comedy festival at the Hollywood Bowl, Dave Chappelle was attacked on stage by a man carrying a knife that looked like a gun. Chappelle is fine, the guy who attacked him, not so much.
Dave Chappelle vs stupid pic.twitter.com/6h9nU600uw
— New York Basketball (@NBA_NewYork) May 4, 2022
Chappelle, who couldn’t help himself, quipped that the attacker was a trans man. Sometime after the attack, Chris Rock joined Chappelle on stage and asked, “Was that Will Smith?”
CHRIS ROCK: 1; DAVE CHAPPELLE: 0.
Chris rock after Dave Chappelle get attacked on stage “is that will smith “😂 pic.twitter.com/hw4PWZWC6y
— abdulaziz (@abdulaziz0m) May 4, 2022
Maybe this will finally give Dave Chappelle something new to talk about
— gianmarco (@GianmarcoSoresi) May 4, 2022
Nerd Day May the Fourth. Disney+ has released the Obi-Wan Kenobi trailer, which you can find in the Dates section below.
Mark Hamill is always game:
May The First Not Be The Worst With You pic.twitter.com/AonDlah7Uw
— Mark Hamill (@MarkHamill) May 1, 2022
May The Second You Get Home Call So I Don't Worry pic.twitter.com/7OLpZvrFFm
— Mark Hamill (@MarkHamill) May 2, 2022
May The Third Word Be Bird Bird Bird_Bird Is The Wordhttps://t.co/8Xwi5q0XZ6
— Mark Hamill (@MarkHamill) May 3, 2022
— Mark Hamill (@MarkHamill) May 4, 2022
Lifehacker has this list of made-up TV and movie holidays and neither Anna Howard Shaw Day nor Leap Day are mentioned and as observers of both I AM OFFENDED.
Also, check out this amazing cosplay:
This Is Us wrapped filming yesterday. After last night’s Miguel episode, I’m just going to start preemptively crying now.
“It’s been my absolute honor to be part of the Pearson journey with you…and while we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, now that you know the full picture, can we finally be Team Miguel??” – @JonHuertas #ThisIsUsFinalChapter pic.twitter.com/GrQtog4aqD
— This Is Us (@NBCThisisUs) May 4, 2022
Oh, yay, La Brea is back in production.
This is a great piece about the production design on Severance (for instance, the computer keyboards are missing an “Escape” key for obvious reasons). I finally binged the season this past weekend and highly recommend. The first episode left me very cold, with its Kubrick iciness — which, of course was intentional. But once I powered through it and the second episode, I found myself hitting the “Next Episode” button over and over again.
Paramount+ now has almost 40 million subscribers, which is a huge increase in one year.
This is a quick video about a movie, not a TV show, but it reminds me of a conversation I had with my husband many times over when I was recapping Lost. If any of you read my recaps, you know that I pulled out all sorts of symbols and references in every episode. My husband (who was an English major in college, I will add) is skeptical of symbolism as a whole, and would repeatedly ask me if I really thought the writers intentionally included all of those references. And my answer was that no, a lot of the symbols and references were included completely subconsciously. Anyway, watch this 35-second clip:
NBC News revealed that one of their reporters plagiarized 11 articles during a five-month period. The reporter has been fired.
Following the leak of Justice Alito’s draft decision that would overturn Roe, the Republicans’ response was to clutch their pearls over the leak rather than demonstrate any concern about the fact that 170 million American women were about to have the right to bodily autonomy stripped from them. Guys, that’s not the story. That’s not what most people give a single shit about.
— Morning Joe (@Morning_Joe) May 4, 2022
I can’t help but notice the similarities to this story coming out of Los Angeles, in which Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva is threatening to investigate a Los Angeles Times reporter for breaking the story of a deputy kneeling on the head of a handcuffed inmate for more than three minutes. Villanueva is more upset about the leak of the video associated with the story, than with the abuse itself. Sound familiar?
JOHN OLIVER ON SHERIFF VILLANUEVA:
Villanueva is always seeking the national spot light. Hope he enjoys it! pic.twitter.com/RmVKu3Y3Gy
— People's City Council – Los Angeles (@PplsCityCouncil) May 2, 2022
The CDC is suggesting that people go back to wearing masks on planes, but not mandating it — because they can’t thanks to that judge down in Florida. Because obviously, Florida. Cases are flaring up in the Northeast, so proceed accordingly.
ESPN reporter Sage Steele has sued the network for breach of contract, claiming they passed her over for major assignments after she complained on a podcast about having to be vaccinated.
Jimmy Kimmel tested positive and had to bring in guest hosts for his show this week.
ABC’s Jon Karl, who shook hands with President Biden and sat next to Kim Kardashian at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner has tested positive, as have reporters and staffers from CNN, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, Politico, and other participating news organizations.
White House Communications Director Kate Bedingfield tested positive before the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
Brandi Carlisle tested positive and had to miss Stagecoach.
Maya Vander of Selling Sunset tested positive.
Howie Mandel tested positive recently and opened up about how it affected his mental health.
- Sweet Magnolias has been renewed for a third season on Netflix.
- Julia has been renewed for a second season on HBO Max.
- Viola Davis is in talks to star in her own spinoff series from Peacemaker on HBO Max.
- No Good Deed, a dark comedy from the creator of Dead to Me, is in the works at Netflix.
- Sharon Osbourne: To Hell & Back has been ordered at FOX Nation. She will cover her time on The Talk in the documentary.
- The Future Of… has been ordered at Netflix.
- A documentary about Stax Records has been set at HBO.
- A remake of the British series, Inside No. 9, a darkly humorous horror anthology series, is coming to Freevee.
- The Lioness is being adapted into a TV series.
- Allison Janney is co-starring in Mrs. American Pie on Apple TV+.
- Ariana DeBose will host the Tony Awards this year.
- Rhea Perlman, Baron Vaughn, Mary Lynn Rajskub, and Sean Kleier will guest star on the Fox series Accused.
- Melanie Brown and Emma Bunton are on this season of The Circle on Netflix which starts today.
Mark Your Calendars
- Obi-Wan Kenobi will premiere on Disney+ on May 27.
- Weird: The Al Yankovic Story will premiere on Roku this fall.
- Emergency will premiere on Prime Video on May 27.
- Pause with Sam Jay returns on HBO on May 20.
- Greatness Code returns on Apple TV+ on May 13.
- Accused: Guilty or Innocent? returns on A&E on May 26.
- The Umbrella Academy will return on Netflix on June 22.
- Dead to Me will return on Netflix this fall.
- Becoming Annika will premiere on the Golf Channel on May 10.
- Bigger Than Africa will debut on Netflix on May 13.
- Cristela Alonzo: Middle Classy will premiere on Netflix on June 28.
Meltdown: Three Mile Island: A look at the events and effects of the accident at the Three Mile Island nuclear plant in 1979. Netflix
The Circle: Season four. Netflix
Good Sam: The battle between Sam and her father takes a shocking turn in the season finale. 9 p.m., CBS
Moon Knight: Season finale. Disney+
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: David Spade, Quinta Brunson, Chef Daniel Humm, Lucky Daye
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Amy Schumer, Jennifer Grey, Stephen Sanchez, Kristina Schiano
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Glenn Close, Sheryl Crow
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Colin Hanks, Mackenzie Davis
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Ewan McGregor, Ben Schwartz, the Head and the Heart
- The Daily Show: Alexis McGill Johnson
- Watch What Happens Live: “Best of One-On-Ones”, Part 1
|The Wonder Years
|A Million Little Things
|Beyond the Edge
|FOX||The Masked Singer