Clever otters are clever.
All Other TV News
Netflix has launched a new site, top10.netflix.com, which will reveal the week’s top 10 titles on the streaming site. The information is broken down into four categories: Films (English), Films (Non-English), TV (English), and TV (Non-English), and is based on the total number of hours viewed around the world between Monday through Sunday of each week. It’s the most viewing data that Netflix has made publicly available to date.
Speaking of Netflix’s top 10 titles, Red Notice is this week’s number one, which brings me to this from Ryan Reynolds:
I was on #AntiquesRoadShow. I haven’t been this star struck since I got into an elevator with Johnny Cash back in ‘99. #RedNotice @RoadshowPBS @MaximumEffort pic.twitter.com/lmHGQ0XtzW
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) November 15, 2021
Nicole Wallace is not having it:
Wallace: The book is about conspiracy and lies and you really don’t take on Fox News, why not? Have you seen The Tucker Carlson show?
Christie: No I don’t watch it
Wallace: Are you aware of what he does?
Christie: Not really pic.twitter.com/HmQ8174cpe
— Acyn (@Acyn) November 16, 2021
"If you want to solve the proliferation of conspiracy theories without dealing with Fox News, that's like solving terrorism without dealing with the terrorists." — @NicolleDWallace to Chris Christie pic.twitter.com/M6yT1WVC6q
— Mediaite (@Mediaite) November 16, 2021
A little explainer: Chris Christie is out here hawking a new book in which he is trying to crown himself the “reasonable” Republican who will take the party back from Former President QAnon and the irrational anti-truth actors in the party. And most of his interviewers are so entranced by his willingness to talk shit about Former President Superspreader. However, in Christie’s arguments against misinformation and conspiracies, he leaves Fox News out of the conversation. And, like I said, Nicole Wallace isn’t having it. Chris Christie doesn’t watch Tucker Carlson MY ASS.
The Simpson‘s showrunner knows how he would end the series, and honestly? It doesn’t suck.
The Children’s & Family Emmy Awards will become its own, stand-alone competition and ceremony beginning next year.
Here’s a good little gift guide for the TV and movie fans in your life.
This is a decent explainer of the use of masks on Squid Game, if you’re interested in a little overthinking on the matter.
I don’t know what to say, other than your girl is planning on getting her booster shot this weekend, now that it looks like the FDA is going to make it available to all adults tomorrow. Deaths continue to decline — which is irrefutably good news — but the hospitalizations are ticking up as we head into the cold season.
Some leading causes of death in the State of Texas
5. Homicide: 1,653
4. Drug overdose deaths: 2,989
3. Firearm deaths: 3,583
2. Accidents: 10,763
1. Deaths from COVID19 vaccine refusal since June 1, 2021 even though vaccines widely available: 21,000
— Prof Peter Hotez MD PhD (@PeterHotez) November 11, 2021
Looking like Texas will soon eclipse California as the worst affected state in the nation in terms of total COVID-19 deaths. We'll get there from the 20,000 unvaccinated Texans over the summer/fall who died because they refused vaccinations.
Death by antiscience aggression
— Prof Peter Hotez MD PhD (@PeterHotez) November 17, 2021
Mr. T gets it:
Even though I am fully vaccinated, I will still wear my mask and keep my distance, thank you. #SaturdayThoughts
— Mr. T (@MrT) November 13, 2021
Gene Simmons gets it:
Gene Simmons rips anti-vaxxers: "If you're willing to walk among us unvaccinated, you are an enemy" https://t.co/R2XUUFP0hH pic.twitter.com/33h8i2h3C4
— The Hill (@thehill) November 11, 2021
Matthew McConaughey is still not quite getting it.
Letitia Wright continues to be a pain in the ass for the Black Panther 2 production. Wright has been recovering from injuries on-set earlier this month, and she’s been recovering back home in the U.K. Production has thus been postponed until next year. Except: new vaccine requirements at workplaces that employ more than 100 people are going to be in place next year, and the CDC has implemented a new rule that allows only vaccinated non-citizens to fly into the United States. Guess who isn’t vaccinated? I have very little patience with this story. Either she gets vaccinated or they replace her.
Rockmond Dunbar is leaving Fox’s 9-1-1 after refusing to get vaccinated. Bye.
Former The View co-host Jedediah Bila appeared on the show yesterday remotely to promote her new book. Joy Behar addressed the fact that she wasn’t in the studio and Bila admitted she wasn’t vaccinated. Bila explained that she both had a “medical exemption” that would make it dangerous to receive the vaccine, before claiming that “I have sky-high, multi-tiered, multi-faceted natural immunity” to Covid. As she began spewing a bunch of misinformation about the vaccine’s efficacy, the other hosts shut her down and Whoopi cut her off altogether. It was a mess.
Appearing remotely to promote her book, 'Dear Hartley,' former #TheView co-host @JedediahBila defends her position to not get vaccinated — which prevented her from being in-studio: "I am not anti-vax… However, I do oppose mandates." https://t.co/cVclFZQmjA pic.twitter.com/c1jQoYBm2T
— The View (@TheView) November 16, 2021
Annie Live! on NBC replaced Jane Krakowski with Megan Hilty after Krakowski had a breakthrough case.
Derek Hough contracted a breakthrough case and is quarantining. It’s unclear how this might impact the Dancing with the Stars finale next week.
Miles Teller SWEARS he’s vaccinated, you guys.
“I am vaccinated and have been for a while,” Miles Teller announces after fans questioned his casting in Taylor Swift’s “I Bet You Think About Me” video. https://t.co/WwX2J76MlG
— billboard (@billboard) November 17, 2021
Broadway’s Chicken & Biscuits will shut down permanently after they had to shut down due to an unreported number of cast and crew members tested positive.
Times Square will welcome vaccinated spectators back for the New Year’s Eve Ball Drop. (The question is why anyone, vaccinated or not, would want to stand out in the cold for 10 hours with no alcohol or access to bathrooms.)
The ATX Television Festival will be in person next year. (I mean, we hope.)
- The Accidental Wolf has been renewed for a second season at a streamer called Topic.
- Queen Sugar has been renewed for a seventh and final season on OWN.
- The Sinner will end with this fourth season on USA. Bummer. Though it would be hard to come up with more ways to throw murders in front of Bill Pullman.
- Zero Chill has been canceled at Netflix after one season.
- Trivial Pursuit is being turned into a game show hosted by … LeVar Burton.
- Days of our Lives: A Very Salem Christmas has been greenlit at Peacock.
- Rhona Who Lives by the River is in development at Disney+.
- Tony Hawk: Until the Wheels Fall Off has been ordered at HBO.
- Animated series Max & the Midknights and Rock, Paper, Scissors have been ordered at Nickelodeon.
- Where I Come From: Life Lessons From a Latino Chef is being adapted into a series.
- Hunt: Showdown is being adapted into a TV series at something called “Binge”?
- City of Likes is being adapted into a TV series.
- Love Marriage is being adapted for TV at BBC.
- Magic Quill Productions has signed an overall deal with Netflix.
- Jennifer Coolidge will star in The Watcher on Netflix.
- Senan West, Dominic West’s 13-year-old son, will play the young Prince William on The Crown on Netflix.
- Bobby Bones and Rachel Smith will host New Year’s Eve Live: Nashville’s Big Bash on CBS.
- Paul Sun-Hyung Lee, Lim Kay Siu, and Ken Leung have joined Netflix’s Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Alicia Hannah-Kim, Amy Landecker, Gillian Jacobs, Austin Nichols, Rich Sommer, Hope Davis, and Stephen Tobolowsky have been cast in Minx on HBO Max.
- Scott Glenn, Colin Ford, Joelle Carter, Randy Houser, and Jesse Berry have joined the cast of The Hill on Showtime.
- Andrew Leeds will guest star on The Conners on ABC.
Mark Your Calendars
- Letterkenny returns on Hulu on December 26.
- Ozark returns on Netflix on January 21.
- The Expanse returns on Amazon on December 10.
- The Afterparty will debut on Apple TV+ on January 28.
- Encounter will premiere on Amazon on December 3.
- Landscapers will debut on HBO on December 6.
- Billy the Kid will premiere on EPIX in 2022.
- How to Ruin Christmas 2 will premiere on Netflix on December 10.
- grown-ish will return on Freeform on January 27.
- A Very Solar Holiday Opposites Special will premiere on Hulu on November 22.
- Becoming Cousteau will stream on Disney+ on November 24.
- The Slow Hustle will debut on HBO on December 7.
- Under The Vines will premiere on Acorn on December 6.
- Crossing Swords returns on Hulu on December 10.
- Buried in the Backyard returns on Oxygen on November 18.
- Real Murders of Orange County returns on Oxygen on December 5.
- Kirby Jenner is streaming on Roku Channel.
- Top Class: The Life and Times of the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers will return on IMDb TV on December 17.
- Chhorii will premiere on Amazon on November 26.
- Perfect Life will premiere on HBO Max on December 2.
- Trollstopia returns on Peacock on December 9.
- The House will premiere on Netflix on January 4.
- Raid the Fridge will premiere on Food Network on December 28.
- 23rd Annual A Home for the Holidays at the Grove will air on CBS on December 5.
- Single Drunk Female will premiere on Freeform on January 20.
- Disney+ has announced its “Season’s Streamings” titles.
- Close to Me will premiere on Sundance Now on December 16.
- Vanished: Searching for My Sister will debut on Lifetime on January 22; Safe Room on January 15.
- Ozzy Osbourne: Black Sabbath Frontman will premiere on Reelz on December 4.
- Bloods will debut on Hulu on December 9.
Tiger King 2: No one asked for it, but here it is, friends: everything that has happened since Joe went to jail and Carole came for his zoo. Premiere. Netflix
The Curse of Von Dutch: The story of the rise and fall of the 2000s brand that became one of the most recognizable labels on Earth. Premiere. Hulu
Road House: Patrick Swayze forever. 5:30 p.m., Showtime West
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Lin-Manuel Miranda, Roman Reigns, Big Boi & Sleepy Brown
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Benedict Cumberbatch, Latto, Nate Smith
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Adam Driver, America Ferrera
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Kirsten Dunst, John Cho
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Michael Keaton, John Wilson, the War on Drugs
- The Daily Show: Dwyane Wade
- Watch What Happens Live: Kyle Cooke, Amanda Batula
|The Wonder Years
|A Million Little Things
|Tough as Nails
|CW||DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
|FOX||The Masked Singer