Here is “Gay of Thrones'” recap of Sunday’s episode. And now I have Bel Biv Devoe’s “Poison” stuck in my head.
The CW held their TCAs yesterday
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is going to go full Fatal Attraction in season three, living up to the title of the series. Also, it is going to have a whole new, darker theme song, with an opening sequence directed by a legendary video director. Though the show teased a big-name guest star, they admit that it’s hard to get celebrity cameos thanks to their fast shooting schedule.
There are a bunch of new military dramas headed to TV this fall, so how does Valor stand out? Easy: lady soldier. This is part of The CW’s effort to lure female viewers back, apparently.
Dynasty is going to be less homophobic than the original. But good luck keeping Trump out of it.
Speaking of Trump, he inspired a new Muslim superhero on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Good.
Mark your calendars for November 27 and 28 for your CW superhero crossover episodes.
And you can expect a less angsty Flash when it returns. Also from that article: Supernatural and iZombie aren’t going anywhere in the foreseeable future.
Also, there was an Everwood reunion and people cried. Chris Pratt was not there, though.
This is a true story: In 2015, Sharknado approached Donald Trump to play the President in Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! His lawyer said, well, he’s thinking about running for President, so this might not be the best time. So Sharknado offered the role Mark Cuban who took it. “‘Then we immediately heard from Trump’s lawyer,’ recalls Latt. ‘He basically said, “How dare you? Donald wanted to do this. We’re going to sue you! We’re going to shut the entire show down!”‘” This is the world we are living in. This is our reality.
Elisabeth Moss assures us that we can never guess what the first scene of the second season of The Handmaid’s Tale will be, and that we shouldn’t even try. Commence the crazy theories.
Here are some cast photos from American Horror Story: Cult for you. I’d forgotten that Billy Eichner is joining the cast …
Oof, that HBO hack was worse than previously reported, including personal data of employees.
This WWE parody of Twin Peaks is literally more David Lynchian than anything David Lynch has ever done:
Here are Vegas’ odds on the Emmys. If you’re in Las Vegas, go bet on This Is Us right now.
- NBC is developing a Miami Vice reboot produced by Vin Diesel. That sounds about right.
- Starz is developing Ascendent, a series based on the Divergent movies and books.
- Glen Mazzara, former Walking Dead producer, is going to be the showrunner on the Dark Tower series.
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians has been lowering the bar for American pop culture for 10 years now, so they are going to have a Ryan Seacrest-hosted special over on E!.
- Freeform has ordered the comedy series Then & Now.
- Netflix has ordered Diablo, a new Mexican horror series.
- The CW is in early talks for an Originals spinoff.
- The Wonder Woman prequel series is dead at The CW.
- Looks like there won’t be another season of this Hooten and the Lady series over on The CW.
- Chris Parnell, Trevor Jackson and Emily Arlook are joining the cast of the black-ish spinoff, which is now called Grown-ish (it had been called College-ish, which doesn’t even make sense).
- Amy Brenneman is going to star in the Deadlier Than the Male pilot for TNT. Also joining the cast, Ashley Madekwe.
- Michael Ironside is going to be in The Alienist.
- Matthew Morrison is going to return to Grey’s Anatomy.
- YouTube star Liza Koshy is going to co-host the new TRL.
- Tyler Christopher is headed to Days of Our Lives, so I guess Nicholas isn’t returning to General Hospital anytime soon. Also returning to Days of Our Lives, Louise Sorel.
The Guest Book: This new comedy is apparently based on the creator, Greg Garcia’s (Ed, Raising Hope) habit of writing crazy stories in the guestbook of rental properties in an attempt to freak out subsequent guests. One-hour series premiere. 9 pm., TBS
Grosse Pointe Blank: Here’s something that will make you feel old: this Generation X rumination on nostalgia is itself 20 years old. Ugh. 9 p.m., The Movie Channel
Toxic Shark: This shark “spews acid.” OK. 7 p.m., Syfy
Late Night: Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Ice Cube, Ryan Seacrest, Lil Yachty Late Night with Seth Meyers: John Krasinski, Melissa Leo, Rep. Adam Schiff The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Anthony Mackie, Elizabeth Olsen, Arcade Fire Jimmy Kimmel Live: Robert Pattinson, Mike Colter, Casey James Salengo The Daily Show: Kate Fagan Watch What Happens Live: Halle Berry, Toni Collette
|Battle of the Network Stars
|The Gong Show
|CBS||The Big Bang Theory
|Kevin Can Wait
|CW||Penn & Teller: Fool Us
|Whose Line is it Anyway?
|Whose Line is it Anyway?
|NBC||NFL: Cowboys vs. Cardinals