Cabbage is perfect, no notes.
Here’s A BUNCH OF TV News
Now that the writers’ strike is officially over, writers’ rooms are back to work: Grey’s Anatomy, Criminal Minds: Evolution, 9-1-1, Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, The Simpsons, Yellowjackets, Ghosts, NCIS, Fire Country, and The Neighborhood, Abbott Elementary, The Sex Lives of College Girls, Young Sheldon, The Cleaning Lady, Rescue: Hi-Surf, Animal Control, Alert, Quantum Leap, Law & Order, FBI, and Law & Order: SVU are all back to work this week. HBO hopes to get The White Lotus, Euphoria, and The Last Of Us back to work ASAP.
Oh, and Stranger Things, they’re back too:
— stranger writers (@strangerwriters) September 27, 2023
Drew Carey, who paid for meals for striking writers at Bob’s Big Boy and Swingers, gets it:
I deeply appreciate all the love and thanks. It as with every dime.
But if you really want to thank someone for those meals, thank Bruce Helford and all the Drew Carey Show writers.
They helped make me rich enough to afford it,
No writers, no $. Simple as that
— ʎǝɹɐƆ ʍǝɹᗡ (@DrewFromTV) September 30, 2023
And a reminder that the actors are still on strike, though SAG-AFTRA and AMPTP begin negotiating today:
FYI this is pre-vis for a scene in ep 1. So technically your first look at season 5. We told Joe he has to perform it EXACTLY like this.
— stranger writers (@strangerwriters) September 28, 2023
The Home Economics team hopes they can find a new home for the family sitcom that ABC canceled last week. I really liked this little show but worry that if it didn’t have a home on ABC, it’s going to struggle to find a more appropriate network. Maybe TBS?
Heels is also looking for a new network after it was canceled at Starz after two seasons. It’s a solid series with tons of critical acclaim. Maybe Peacock or Netflix?
That Blossom reboot that Mayim Bialik has teased will be a serious drama, not a sitcom, which is … a choice …
LOVE IS BLIND SPOILERS INCOMING. You’ve been warned.
Hold up, Love is Blind‘s Uche and Aaliyah are actually dating and that whole break-up scene was fabricated in post? MA’AM, HE IS A WALKING RED FLAG. YOU CAN DO BETTER. RUN.
— the bitchelorette (@Bitchelorette_) September 29, 2023
In fact, you know what? The only men on this season who are at all decent are Chris and Milton. Houston boys, y’all are not making a good showing.
— jas (@lokai_16) September 30, 2023
all the women in the pods were fighting over a bald man named izzy who doesn’t own any real dishes, cups or silverware, throw this season of love is blind away
— ashley ray (@theashleyray) September 30, 2023
— Mamane❤️ (@ikobengd_) October 1, 2023
Just truly disgusting behavior from all these men! It's like they all enjoy gaslighting. #LoveIsBlind
The way Uche spoke to Aaliyah in the pods and their meet up.
The way JP spoke to Taylor about her wearing make up.
The way Izzy spoke to Johnie at the in person meet up.
— Bri (@LovelyOTPs) September 29, 2023
— nat ✨ (@laugh_track_nat) October 1, 2023
An extra who was injured on the set of Batgirl is suing Warner Bros. Discovery. And I know it’s not the point, but it does feel like literal insult to injury that the film was then thrown in the trash by the studio.
- A documentary about the boy bands of the 90s and 2000s is in the works at Paramount+.
- While You Were Breeding is not moving forward at Freeform.
Mark Your Calendar
- Leave the World Behind will premiere on Netflix on December 8.
- Monster Inside: America’s Most Extreme Haunted House will debut on Hulu on October 12.
- Painkiller: The Tylenol Murders premieres on Paramount+ on October 10.
- Fright Krewe premieres on Hulu and Peacock on October 2.
- Camp Courage premieres on Netflix on October 15.
- Planet Earth III will debut on BBC America and AMC+ later this year.
- Cigarette Girl will premiere on Netflix on November 2.
- The Talk will return on CBS on October 9.
- The Gilded Age returns on HBO on October 29.
- iHeartMedia Jingle Ball will air on ABC on December 21.
- Strays premieres on Peacock on October 6.
- 55th NAACP Image Awards will air on BET on March 16.
Tim Wakefield, Two-time World Series-winning pitcher for the Boston Red Sox
Lotería Loca: Jane the Virgin‘s Jamie Camil hosts this new game show based on the classic Latin card game. Series premiere. 8 p.m., CBS
The Mill: In this new film, Lil Rel Howery stars as a businessman who wakes up to find himself in an open-air prison housed in an old grist mill. I think it’s a metaphor. Premiere. Hulu
Appendage: A young fashion designer who suffers from insecurities and self-doubt suddenly suddenly suffers from a terrible growth. I think it’s a metaphor. Premiere. Hulu
AND LATE NIGHT! LATE NIGHT’S BACK!
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Matthew McConaughey; John Mayer
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: “A Closer Look”
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Neil deGrasse Tyson, Louis Cato
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
- Watch What Happens Live: John Mayer
|ABC||Monday Night Football
|CBS||The Price is Right at Night
|CW||Son of a Critch
|Run the Burbs
|Children Ruin Everything
|Whose Line Is It Anyway?
|Special Forces: World’s Toughest Test