I feel you, Doggo.
All Other TV News
The Tinder Swindler wants to turn his notoriety into a full-fledged entertainment career. According to TMZ, this piece of work has a talent manager, and is looking for a book deal, to star on his own dating show, and host a dating podcast. Honestly? He couldn’t be a worse Bachelor than our current dolt Clayton. I joke, but I could totally see Fox giving this asshole his own show. Meanwhile, I’m trying to not get depressed over what it says about our culture in general that this documented con artist could potentially fulfill some of these ambitions — after all, look how far Former President Steak Salesman got.
More people watched the finale of The Book of Boba Fett than the finale of the second season of The Mandalorian. All I can think is that there are a lot more subscribers to Disney+ now compared to the end of 2020 …
John DiMaggio, the voice of Bender on Futurama, posted an update on his contract fight:
— John DiMaggio (@TheJohnDiMaggio) February 16, 2022
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert will go live on March 1, following President Biden’s first State of the Union address.
The creator of Sex and the City no longer recognizes herself in Carrie (and hasn’t for a while now).
They’re making a Peaky Blinders video game? Huh. But hey, if video games can be turned into critically-acclaimed TV dramas, why not the other way around, right?
Obviously, Fox News wants to pretend that President Biden was in office when the Black Lives Matter protests took place in the summer of 2020. Obviously.
Who wants to tell her?
Judge Jeanine: "Biden, the same guy who, in the summer of 2020, decided that he would allow people to burn down streets and businesses." pic.twitter.com/QY4iyF8unw
— Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) February 15, 2022
According to GLAAD, LGBTQ+ representation is at an all-time high on broadcast television. Lesbian and transgender characters are on the rise on TV, and in fact, for the first time ever, there are more lesbian characters than gay men.
And while we’re talking about GLAAD, actress Michaela Jaé “Mj” Rodriguez will be honored with the Stephen F. Kolzak Award at the 33rd annual GLAAD Media Awards. The awards ceremony will be held in April.
The number of cases continues to plummet, as does the number of hospitalizations. Hopefully, deaths will follow soon enough. Because we are still losing 15,000 Americans A WEEK, you guys. Yes, Omicron is fading, but we are still woefully under-boosted. Go get that third shot if you haven’t already. I know from close friends that the third shot really can make the difference between being mildly ill and very ill.
This story about a young police officer and his even younger pregnant wife here in Harris County who refused to get vaccinated is heartbreaking and infuriating. I’m glad he finally came to his senses, but the politicization of the vaccine has been one of the most dangerous and cynical things I’ve seen in my life.
Still, people are over it. The Oscars are going to be maskless and not even require proof of vaccination which seems … like a choice. Which nominees are they catering to?
Disneyland and Disney World are lifting their mask mandates — for vaccinated guests. The unvaccinated will still be required to mask up.
The SAG Awards, which will take place on February 27, will require proof of vaccination. Yellowstone actor Forrie J. Smith has announced he will not be in attendance because: “I’m not vaccinated, I will not get vaccinated,” Smith added. “I haven’t been vaccinated since I was a little kid. I don’t vaccinate my dogs, I don’t vaccinate my horses. I’ve never had a flu shot. I never will. I believe they compromise your immunities… It’s just my beliefs. I just don’t believe in that stuff. Whatever.”
Rockmond Dunbar is suing Disney and 20th Century Fox for firing him from 9-1-1 after he refused to get the vaccine. OK.
The Berlin Film Festival, which has been taking place over the past week, has seen 128 positive cases, including Isabelle Huppert, who was unable to receive the prestigious Honorary Golden Bear award as a result.
Japan’s Princess Yoko was hospitalized for pneumonia after contracting COVID-19.
I’m sure you’ve heard about the Canadian trucker protests by now. Ostensibly, it’s about vaccine mandates, but in reality, it’s just really a bunch of right-wing, anti-government grievances. Anyway, enjoy:
- Fargo has been renewed for season five on FX.
- Teen Mom: Family Reunion has been renewed for a second season on MTV.
- Stranger Things will end on Netflix with the fifth season.
— Netflix (@netflix) February 16, 2022
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel will end with season five.
- Rust Belt News, a comedy, has been given a pilot order at CBS.
- The Big Conn, a true-crime series, has been given ordered at Apple TV+.
- The Island, a limited thriller series, has been ordered at Hulu.
- Farmhouse Fabulous has been greenlit at HGTV.
- Love & Marriage: D.C. has been ordered at OWN.
- Reliable Sources Daily is coming to CNN+.
- The Murdochs: Empire of Influence has been ordered at CNN+.
- Steve Yockey has signed an exclusive, multi-year deal with Warner Bros. Television.
- Keri Russell will star in The Diplomat on Netflix.
- Paul Reiser is joining Reboot on Hulu, replacing Michael McKean.
- Tahar Rahim will co-star in Napoleon on Apple TV+.
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley, Ariyon Bakare, and Ian Hart have joined The Mosquito Coast on Apple TV+.
- Nia Jervier Carolyn and Michelle Smith have been added to the cast of The Chi on Showtime.
- Yalitza Aparicio will star in Presencias on Vix+.
Mark Your Calendars
- So You Think You Can Dance is COMING BACK THIS SUMMER!
- Stranger Things will return in two chapters, the first on May 27, the second on July 1.
- The First Lady will debut on Showtime on April 17.
- The Larry David Story will debut on HBO on March 1.
- From will debut on Epix on February 20.
- Below Deck Down Under will return on Bravo on March 17.
- Marriage Boot Camp: Hip Hop Edition will return on March 31 on WE tv.
- Teen Mom 2 will return on MTV on March 8.
- Hillsong: A Megachurch Exposed will premiere on Discovery+ on March 24.
Frank Pesce, Actor in Beverly Hills Cop, Top Gun, Midnight Run, Miami Vice, Matlock and Kojak
Steve Salas, Co-founder of the band Tiera and political activist
Severance: In this new dystopian thriller, employees at Lumon Industries undergo a “severance” procedure in which their work life and personal life memories are kept separate. The whole thing is called into question when an employee finds himself in the middle of a mystery. Series premiere. Apple TV+
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: Season four premiere. Amazon
Peacemaker: Season finale. HBO Max
Young Wallander: Season two. Netflix
Winter Olympics: Freestyle Skiing, Speedskating, Figure Skating (Women’s) & More 7 p.m., NBC
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Pete Buttigieg, Adam Scott
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Ike Barinholtz; Chloe Kim; Parcels
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Ringo Starr; Shaun White
- The Daily Show: Janicza Bravo
- Watch What Happens Live: Mya Allen, Andrea Denver, Ciara Miller
|ABC||Jeopardy! National College Championship
|United States of Al
|FOX||Joe Millionaire: For Richer or Poorer
|Call Me Kat
|NBC||Olympics 2022 Primetime