WELCOME TO THE WHITE HOUSE, COMMANDER!
Meet the newest Biden. pic.twitter.com/JHAbH53iRk
— President Biden (@POTUS) December 20, 2021
Chris Noth had about 24 hours of cultural relevance thanks to And Just Like That … before he was accused of sexual abuse and harassment by multiple women. In the flood of publicity for the HBO Max series which was exacerbated by the whole Peloton thing, two women went to The Hollywood Reporter claiming that the actor had raped them, one in 2004, the other in 2015. Warning: the stories are rough. Noth has vehemently denied the claims, saying the incidents were consensual.
Actress Zoe Lister-Jones then came forward to say that Noth had been inappropriate with her and drinking on the set of Law & Order many years ago. This was followed by a fourth woman who claims he groped her in 2010. And we were reminded that back in 1995, Noth was accused of horrifying physical abuse by his then-girlfriend, supermodel Beverly Johnson.
— Boma Brown (@thatbomabrown) December 16, 2021
The women of Sex and the City have put out a statement supporting the women who have come forward:
— Kristin Davis (@KristinDavis) December 21, 2021
Since this story has been developing, Chris Noth has been fired from The Equalizer, dropped by Peloton, dumped by his agency, and his tequila brand is not moving forward. It seems like it was for the best that Mr. Big dropped dead.
A periodic reminder: Louis C.K. has not been canceled.
In the wake of his resignation from the Governor’s office after multiple allegations of sexual harassment, New York State is ordering Andrew Cuomo to return the $5 million he made on the book he wrote about his response to the COVID crisis.
Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai is now saying she was never sexually abused by former Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli and everyone totally believes this is a completely honest statement and not coerced by the Chinese government at all.
We Need To Talk About Cosby will debut on Showtime on January 20.
All Other TV News
The Matrix Resurrections debuts on HBO Max tomorrow (or at 2 a.m. if you want to stay up late tonight) and so far the reviews look promising. If you need a reminder of where we left off with the previous sequels: here ya go (though from what I’ve read, parts two and three aren’t really vital to being able to enjoy this film). Full disclosure: my cousin and one of my favorite people is an associate producer on this film, so I might be a little biased. That said, you should watch his movie!
Have you already burned through The Witcher season two? Good news: season three is already written. Bad news: it’ll be a while before it makes it to Netflix.
The Emmys continue to shake things up with rules changes: 1. Did you know that previously, showrunners were eligible for Music Supervisor Emmys if they “contributed musical ideas to their shows”? Well, they’re not anymore. But 2. And arguably a much bigger deal: the run-time of a show won’t determine which category it will go into: drama or comedy. Considering how many hour-long dramedies there are, and how many 30-minute series that aren’t particularly funny, this is a LONG overdue change. Producers can now choose which category they want to submit their show for consideration. 3. Any film that appears on the viewing platform for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will not be eligible for an Emmy. So pick which you want: an Emmy or an Oscar.
This just seems unfair, Wheel of Fortune. If you can’t be bothered to spell the person’s name right, you shouldn’t expect contestants to be able to guess it.
Michelle Young will make history on tonight’s Bachelorette, no matter who she chooses.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK Versus the World is coming to BBC Three, and will be available to stream in the US on WOW Presents Plus.
- The Dispatcher is being adapted into a TV series.
- Lena Ahn has joined the cast of Partner Track on Netflix.
- Julie Benz and Amy Acker will guest star on 9-1-1: Lone Star on Fox.
Mark Your Calendars
- Euphoria will return on HBO on January 9.
- Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts premieres on HBO Max on January 1.
- I Want You Back will debut on Amazon on February 11.
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey will return on Bravo on February 1.
- Miley’s New Year’s Eve Party will air on NBC on December 31.
- Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch will debut on Discovery on January 7.
- Encanto will begin streaming on Disney+ on December 24.
- The Wrong Blind Date will premiere on LMN on January 14.
- Warped! will debut on Nickelodeon on January 20.
- Elite Youth premieres on FS1 on January 6.
- The Legend of Vox Machina will premiere on Amazon on January 28.
- Murder Under the Friday Night Lights will debut on ID on January 4.
- Street Outlaws will return on Discovery and Discovery+ on January 10.
Sayaka Kanda, Japanese singer and actress
Frodo, The last surviving dog from the Michael Vick dogfighting ring
The Bachelorette: Michelle has to choose between Nayte and Brandon in the season finale. 7 p.m., ABC
A Saturday Night Live Christmas: Two hours of SNL‘s funniest Christmas bits. 7 p.m., NBC
Jim Gaffigan: Comedy Monster: Jim Gaffigan is back with a new comedy special. Netflix
|Adele One Night Only|
|CW||Beebo Saves Christmas||Greatest Holiday Commercial Countdown 2021||Local|
|A Saturday Night Live Christmas Special