Let’s check in on my friend’s fosters:
I was trying to save this for tomorrow, but there's someone out there who needs it now. pic.twitter.com/QRko40ZzHV
— Blue Heron Farm (@BlueHeronFarmTX) December 9, 2021
All Other TV News
This is a worthwhile read and excellent argument. As someone roughly the same age as Wil Wheaton, I can confirm that Eddie Murphy’s Delirious was one of those stand-up routines that seeped into our culture — people I knew memorized it, word-for-word. As a result, it normalized hate towards gay people, especially with kids my age. Fortunately, we have moved to a place where such ugliness towards gay men would never be tolerated by the culture at large, but we are not in that same place when it comes to trans people. Wil Wheaton is a mensch, and Dave Chappelle should do better.
Jennifer Aniston says the emotional impact of the Friends reunion was so powerful, she had to get up and leave the set several times.
Michael Sheen says he’ll be donating all of his pay to charity, working as a non-profit actor from here on out, and Ryan Reynolds is taking a sabbatical from acting to spend more time with his kids. I’m not saying that we throw these millionaires parades or anything, but good for both of them. Let’s hope more actors follow Sheen’s example in particular.
Paramount+ is launching live channels today for people like me who sometimes can’t decide what to watch and just wants TV to wash over us.
Google and Roku have kissed and made up.
If you’ve got $3.5 million, you can live like Julia Childs.
Important questions of our time: Do you think Cousin Greg can dunk a basketball?
Listen, it’s just my job to tell you that HBO has released an augmented reality tie-in for their new Magic Mike reality show, Finding Magic Mike. What you do with that information is not my business.
- Painted with Raven has been renewed by World of Wonder for a second season.
- Beyond The Edge, basically a celebrity Survivor, has been set at CBS.
- Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty is the official name of the Lakers drama Adam McKay is making for HBO. See trailer below. (It was originally called Showtime, but you can see how that would create confusion.)
- Pictionary is getting a full season on Fox next fall.
- Sophie & the Baron has been acquired by Disney Television.
- Regina Hicks has signed an overall deal with Netflix.
- Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings will continue co-hosting Jeopardy! for the rest of the season, but the bigger news seems to be they still haven’t chosen a permanent host? What’s going on here?
- Amandla Stenberg will star in The Acolyte on Disney+.
- Steve Zahn has joined the cast of George & Tammy on Paramount and Paramount+.
- Jessica Lowndes and Jesse Metcalfe will star in Harmony From The Heart on GAC.
Mark Your Calendars
- Cobra Kai will return on Netflix on December 31.
- Winning Time will premiere on HBO in March.
- Reno 911! The Hunt for QAnon will debut on Paramount+ on December 23.
- Welcome to Wrexham will debut on FX in 2022. And this trailer is excellent.
- La Fortuna will premiere on AMC+ on January 20.
- Twentysomethings: Austin will debut on Netflix on December 10.
- South Park: Post Covid: Covid Returns will premiere on Paramount+ on December 16.
- Yearly Departed returns on Amazon on December 23.
- This Came Out of Me will premiere on Discovery on January 2, and it will be a hard pass for me, thanks.
- The Forgettable Life of Liam White is streaming on Roku.
- The Business of Christmas 2 is now streaming on BET+.
- Davis & Annie: After the 90 Days, and Loren & Alexei: After the 90 Days will premiere on TLC on January 10.
- Undercover Boss returns on CBS on January 7.
Rhonda Stubbins White, Days of Our Lives, and Ruthless actress, along with many other roles
Lina Wertmüller, Italian filmmaker who was the first woman nominated for the Best Director Oscar
Robbie Shakespeare, Music producer and bassist
Vincent “Slim 400” Cohran, Rapper
And Just Like That …: The Sex and the City girls are back in this Samantha-less sequel series. Premiere. HBO Max
The 11th Hour with Brian Williams: It’s the last night with Williams as the host, but the show will go on. 10 p.m., MSNBC
Housewives of the North Pole: One part Housewives spoof, one part traditional holiday romantic movie, this tongue-in-cheek TV movie stars Breaking Bad’s Betsy Brandt and actual Housewife, Kyle Richards. Premiere Peacock
The Expanse: Season premiere. Amazon
Anne Boleyn: Jodie Turner-Smith stars in this new take on the doomed queen’s final months. Series premiere. AMC+
Snoopy Presents: For Auld Lang Syne: The Peanuts gang takes on the New Year in this new animated special. Apple TV+
Crossing Swords: Season premiere. Hulu
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Miley Cyrus, Pete Davidson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Tom Holland, Anna Konkle, Maya Erskine, Nikki Glaspie
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Michael B. Jordan
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Gov. Gavin Newsom, Hannah Waddingham, She & Him
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Will Forte, Lily Collins, Isaiah Rashad featuring SZA
- The Daily Show: José Andrés, Lou Llobell
- Watch What Happens Live: Rachel Dratch, Ana Gasteyer
|United States of Al
|FOX||Thursday Night Football
|Law & Order: SVU
|Law & Order: Organized Crime