It’s a Monday and you just go out there and take what’s yours. Don’t let the zookeepers of the world tell you otherwise.
When you're caught stealing someone else's food 🙄
📷 Keeper Marty pic.twitter.com/6wmMxREi7a
— Perth Zoo (@PerthZoo) May 2, 2021
All Other TV News
It sounds like at last night’s premiere party for the third and final season of Pose, executive producer Janet Mock had … a lot to say. She complained about how much she was being paid, told Hollywood to fuck itself, complained about the male writers, and revealed that she cheated on her boyfriend — who is on the show and was in the audience — with a crew member. WOW. The category is: DRAMA.
Never call them skits.
First I’d call Em sketches 😂 https://t.co/37liDrKYjo
— Chris Redd (@Reddsaidit) May 2, 2021
And no, you didn’t miss Musk’s appearance on Saturday Night Live, it will air this Saturday. None of the cast members are planning on boycotting the episode, despite some criticizing Musk.
Related: This is an interesting article about why you are seeing so many current SNL cast members in other projects these days. (In part because in a fractured media environment, the show needs them as much as they need the show.)
La Brea — a series set in, and literally named for, a neighborhood in Los Angeles — is going to be filmed in Australia. And not because of COVID or anything, just because.
What could have been … had MacGyver not been canceled.
Cruel Summer is Freeform’s biggest debut ever, and y’all, if you like a dark twisty series, this one is pretty entertaining. It’s like The Sinner but for teens.
PLEASE RESPECT THE SCOTTISH ARTIFACTS, OUTLANDER FANS. DON’T BE TACKY.
What CAN’T Steve Kornacki and the Big Board do?
ViacomCBS’s cable channels are now available on Hulu Live.
People love them some Netflix.
The Upfronts will be virtual again this year. Here’s the calendar.
Newsmax is SO SORRY for spreading lies about Dominion Voting Systems and the election in general. But they’re NOT SORRY for claiming that President Biden had a dandelion planted on the White House lawn so that he could pick it and give it to First Lady Jill Biden. Yep! Makes total sense!
Your daily House of the Dragon photos.
Today’s shitty news is health experts now believe we will never reach herd immunity in this country because soft-brained morons here in the States are refusing to get vaccinated. This combined with how slow the vaccination is rolling out in other countries is dimming the hope of global herd immunity. The best we can do is make COVID a “manageable” disease with the occasional mass outbreak, and hope that in a generation or two, it’s no worse than the common cold. We also have to cross our fingers that a variant doesn’t mutate to become immune to the vaccine, and that our friends and loved ones who have compromised immune systems and can’t receive the vaccine don’t catch the virus from some ignorant selfish asshole. Because the Venn diagram of the people who are refusing to get the vaccine and the people who refuse to wear masks? A single circle.
Meghan McCain would have you believe the hesitancy is because liberals are SO MEAN to conservatives. But it’s much darker and deeper than that. Thanks in part to the previous administration who politicized everything about the virus, and in larger part to a general culture war that has been raging for the better part of three decades now, yes, some of the hesitancy is rooted in some conservatives’ need to be anti-anything-the-libs-are-for. And so the more people in the center and the left push for everyone to get vaccinated, the more those stubborn jerks are going to resist.
There’s also the piece of the puzzle involving the more religious corners of the right who are skeptical of modern science in general and/or worry that the vaccine is made of fetal tissue or contains microchips or some other nonsense. This piece about folks in Tennessee who are vaccine hesitant was eye-opening and profoundly upsetting: despite losing loved ones, friends, and acquaintances, there are still people out there — health professionals even! — who just flat refuse to get the damn shot to help end the suffering.
But I worry that there is another component at root: this very American sense of INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY! and the belief that the Constitution enshrines the right to do whatever you believe is singularly correct for you with absolutely no concern for the society as a whole. It’s all part and parcel of this right-wing animosity towards government and social services and having to pay taxes, as if they themselves don’t benefit from being a part of society. I don’t know what we do about that; I don’t know that there is anything we can do about that.
It’s infuriating, and it is EXACTLY why businesses, schools, and the government need to require people to get the vaccine, because the “IT’S MY GOD-GIVEN RIGHT TO BE A SCIENCE-DENYING, VIRUS-CARRYING PRICK!” crowd won’t do it unless they are literally forced to do so.
But hey: if you just loved all the culture wars over masks and social distancing, great news! There’s no end in sight for those!
John Oliver knows that nothing he says in this clip will change anti-vaxxer idiots’ minds, but he has to try anyway.
Please continue wearing your masks on planes, trains, and buses, even if you have been vaccinated. It would be nice if we didn’t have to, but thanks to SOME PRICKS OUT THERE WHO DON’T BELIEVE IN SCIENCE …
The United States is restricting travel from India as its COVID crisis spirals out of control. We are also sending supplies and the manufacturing supplies for the AstraZeneca vaccine to help the embattled country.
90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way stars Jenny Slatten and Sumit Singh have tested positive for COVID-19 in the midst of the crisis in India.
In good news, New York state is planning on flinging its’ doors mostly open by May 19. Broadway can reopen its doors (but is unlikely to do so).
- Kenan and Young Rock have been renewed for second seasons on NBC.
- The Good Doctor has been renewed for a fifth season on ABC.
- Kung Fu and Stargirl have both been renewed for second seasons on The CW.
- Tyler Perry’s House of Payne and Tyler Perry’s Assisted Living have been renewed at BET.
- Top Class has been renewed for a second season on IMDb TV.
- Grace has been renewed for a second season on ITV.
- The Last Kingdom will end after the fifth season on Netflix.
- Finch, a film starring Tom Hanks, has been bought by Apple TV+.
- Primo, a series from Mike Schur and Shea Serrano; Greek Candy, a comedy; The Fed, a drama set in the Federal Reserve; Blessed and Highly Favored, a comedy; and The Pradeeps of Pittsburgh, PA, another comedy, have been ordered at IMDb TV.
- Law & Order: For the Defense has been ordered to series at NBC.
- The Garcias, a sequel to The Brothers Garcia, is being developed at HBO Max.
- Tony-winning Broadway musical Come From Away is coming to Apple TV+.
- Sharp, an action film set in the world of competitive knife fighting, has been bought by Netflix.
- The Blindings, a horror series, is being developed at Amazon.
- Gunpowder Milkshake, a female-led action film, has been bought by Netflix.
- A Hero, a film by Oscar winner Asghar Farhadi, has been bought by Amazon.
- Taika Waititi will star as Blackbeard in Our Flag Means Death on HBO Max.
- Vanessa Lachey will lead NCIS: Hawai’i on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch will co-star in the Night Court on NBC.
- Alexander Skarsgård is joining Succession on HBO.
- Keegan-Michael Key will host the May 15 SNL with musical guest Olivia Rodrigo; Anya Taylor-Joy will host the finale with Lil Nas X as the musical guest.
- Camryn Manheim, Daisha Graf, and Dale Whibley have been added to the cast of Big Shot on Disney+
- Ephraim Sykes is joining Russian Doll on Netflix.
- Killian Scott is in talks to join Secret Invasion on Disney+.
- Joana Ribeiro and Annelle Olaleye have joined The Man Who Fell to Earth on Showtime.
- Aneurin Barnard, Andreas Pietschmann, Miguel Bernardeau, Maciej Musial, Anton Lesser, Lucas Lynggaard Tønnesen, Rosalie Craig, Clara Rosager, Maria Erwolter, Yann Gael, Mathilde Ollivier, José Pimentão, Isabella Wei, Gabby Wong, Jonas Bloquet, Fflyn Edwards, and Alexandre Willaume have been added to the cast of 1899 on Netflix. (See below)
- Nikki Glaser will host the MTV Movie & TV Awards: Unscripted ceremony.
- One of the few Fox News reporters who challenged The Big Lie, Leland Vittert, is no longer with the network.
Mark Your Calendar
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch premieres tomorrow just in time for Star Wars Day. Disney+ has a few other Star Wars Day treats lined up as well.
- Heels will debut on Starz on August 15.
- Halston will debut on Netflix on May 14.
- Lucifer returns for its final episodes on Netflix on May 28.
- 1899 will premiere sometime soon on Netflix.
- Rick & Morty returns on Adult Swim on June 20.
- Arcane will premiere on Netflix this fall.
The world of @LeagueofLegends is coming to Netflix.
Arcane drops this Fall. pic.twitter.com/7DJgqHpODM
— Netflix Geeked (@NetflixGeeked) May 3, 2021
- Dog Gone Trouble will premiere on Netflix on May 28.
- Summertime 2 will premiere on Netflix on June 3.
- DOM will debut on Amazon on June 4.
- Sweet & Sour debuts on Netflix on June 4.
- Girl from Nowhere will debut on Netflix on May 7.
- Tuca & Bertie lives! The animated series is moving to Adult Swim on June 13.
- Schmigadoon! will premiere on Apple TV+ in July.
- Homemade Astronauts will premiere on Discovery+ on May 13.
- UNCENSORED: DMX Special will air on May 16 on TV One.
- Naomi is expected to debut on The CW in the 2021-2022 season.
Who is … NAOMI?
Enter the mystery with this first look at the upcoming @TheCW pilot ✨ https://t.co/xUc8dpeTme pic.twitter.com/5hIYW4pQhx
— DC (@DCComics) April 30, 2021
Olympia Dukakis, Legendary actress known for her roles in Moonstruck and Steel Magnolias, among many others
Wrote This Hrs Ago,But Didn’t hit Twt😔.Heard Olympia Was Sick So Called Her Daughter & Said Could I Talk 2 Her.She Said
“She might Not HEAR or SPEAK”.I Called In2 The Receiver”Olympia It’s Cher,I ❤️You”.Remember Moonstruck,She Said
“oh cher,I❣️you”She Was Weak But Happy. RIP O
— Cher (@cher) May 1, 2021
Olympia Was A Great Artist & Brought Immense
Joy To Anyone who was lucky enough To see her
Work her MAGIC.
Ppl Around The 🌍Will
— Cher (@cher) May 2, 2021
RIP Olympia Dukakis…the consummate actor. You made all around you step up their game. A joy to work with. Rest well. "May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest".💛💛💛https://t.co/9uC2Ld4rTU
— Viola Davis (@violadavis) May 1, 2021
She would tell us: don't forget that the reason you wanted to do this was that it looked like fun. And it is. Amid the sweat and the angst, don't forget the fun. Rest in peace, Olympia. 2/2 https://t.co/8kMGEvgdGQ
— Michael McKean (@MJMcKean) May 1, 2021
Nathan Jung, Actor who appeared in Star Trek, The A-Team, and Kung Fu.
Eli Broad, Billionaire philanthropist and art collector
The Voice: The Road to Lives — 10th Anniversary Edition: Wait, this show has been on for 10 years now? How old AM I? 7 p.m., NBC
Incredibles 2: Mr. Mom meets superheroes. (See, for anyone reading this younger than 40, back in the 80s it was considered so ridiculous that a man would be a stay-at-home father that they made an entire comedy about it starring Michael Keaton. Look it up.) 7 p.m., ABC
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Vince Vaughn, Aidy Bryant, Girl in Red
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: Michael Che, Richard Kind, Mario Duplantier
- The Late Late Show with James Corden: Tiffany Haddish, Dominic Fike
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Sean Hayes, Casey Wilson, Jason Aldean
- The Daily Show: The Daily Social Distancing Show
- Conan: Nasim Pedrad
- Watch What Happens Live: Bravo Blasts from the Past, featuring former cast members from “NYC Prep”, “Ladies of London”, “Gallery Girls”, “The Millionaire Matchmaker”, and more
- A Little Late with Lily Singh: MJ Rodriguez
|ABC||The Incredibles 2
|Bob ♥ Abishola
|9-1-1: Lone Star