It’s Wednesday and here are some penguins chasing bubbles:
Texas moron Louie Gohmert has tested positive the same day he was in a Congressional hearing with Attorney General and Head Toad, Bill Barr. In fact, he escorted Barr to the hearing and neither of them was wearing masks — because that has been something Gohmert has refused to do during all of this, wear a mask.
Gohmert was tested because he was scheduled to fly back to Texas with President Denier today. It should also be noted that this fucking mold brain went to his office to deliver the news of his positive status IN PERSON. Jesus fucking Christ, these people.
Louie Gohmert telling each staff member in person he has Coronavirus pic.twitter.com/lkCh8Qru9D
— Krister Johnson (@KristerJohnson) July 29, 2020
UPDATE: Since I posted this, this Shit For Brains is now blaming the mask for giving him coronavirus.
Rep. Louie Gohmert thinks that it’s possible that wearing a mask gave him COVID. pic.twitter.com/kucy119Pcv
— Charlie Gile (@CharlieGileNBC) July 29, 2020
I happen to know of a doctor here in Texas with some unconventional ideas about COVID-19 that Gohmert could see …
Speaking of Stella Immanuel … GOD DAMMIT, MADONNA, NO.
Madonna posted the video of Dr. Stella Immanuel, the physician who falsely stated that hydroxychloroquine is a cure for Covid-19 and that masks don’t help to reduce transmission
In her caption, Madonna says the so-called “Demon Sperm” Doctor is her hero
IG has flagged the post pic.twitter.com/RISg6lMg5X
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) July 29, 2020
But don’t worry, President Demon Sperm is still defending Dr. Immanuel:
.@kaitlancollins: The woman you say is a 'great doctor' said masks don't work & doctors make medicine using DNA from aliens-
TRUMP: "I can tell you this: She was on air, along with many other doctors, & they were big fans of hydroxychloroquine. I thought she was very impressive" pic.twitter.com/nSui8DOLDL
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) July 28, 2020
The White House continues to defend this demon-believing lunatic:
.@JohnBerman and White House trade adviser Peter Navarro clash on hydroxychloroquine and President Trump's praise of a doctor who has said demons caused illness.https://t.co/IApcrCz7yp pic.twitter.com/0KE99PyoQG
— New Day (@NewDay) July 29, 2020
And Fox News is ON IT:
A second wave of hydroxychloroquine promotion on Fox News. pic.twitter.com/uOjyuCcqFy
— Matthew Gertz (@MattGertz) July 29, 2020
Reminder: Clinical trials have shown no benefit from using hydroxychloroquine, and in fact there are detrimental side effects for some patients.
Also, the Russians are weaponizing this conspiracy theorizing against us:
WASHINGTON (AP) — US government officials tell AP that Russia is using 3 English-language websites to spread coronavirus disinformation.
— Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) July 28, 2020
No names of websites have been given yet, but be careful out there.
During yesterday’s White House COVID-19 briefing, President Victim whined that Dr. Fauci’s approval ratings are higher than his. HMM. MAYBE THAT’S BECAUSE DR. FAUCI TRIED TO PREVENT 150,000 AMERICANS FROM DYING INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SHUT DOWN TESTING AND FLINGING OPEN THE COUNTRY.
Fauci has “got this high approval rating, so why don’t I have a high approval rating … and the administration, with respect to the virus?” Trump said, touting the total number of coronavirus tests, the delivery of personal protective equipment.
“So it sort of is curious: A man works for us — with us, very closely, Dr. Fauci, and Dr. [Deborah] Birx also highly thought of. And yet, they’re highly thought of, but nobody likes me. It can only be my personality. That’s all.”
Speaking of unlikeable people, The Real Housewives of New Jersey has resumed filming.
Also resuming filming: Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
Thanks to the pandemic, movies will now be available on VOD after 17 days of release in theaters. This is one of the biggest changes to the movie industry since the advent of streamers and even VHS.
All Other TV News
HEY, GEORGE. EITHER GIVE UP THE BOOK OR GO TO JAIL. YOU’RE THE ONE WHO MADE UP THE RULES.
— bobo (@BobbyDumDum) July 29, 2020
I swear to God, y’all. Lindelof is not doing another season of Watchmen. LET IT GO.
The creator of Dead to Me is claiming that she always meant for it to only run for three seasons and that this isn’t some of Netflix’s bullshit in which they cancel shows before their fourth season. OK.
PBS is launching a PBS Channel on Amazon Prime. It will include “a library of programs including the entire Ken Burns collections and films from “Nova,” “Frontline,” “American Masters,” “Nature, “American Experience,” “Independent Lens,” “POV” and other independent producers.”
- The Girls I’ve Been, a thriller starring Millie Bobby Brown, is being made at Netflix.
- Netflix has picked up the rights to Moesha, Sister, Sister, The Game, Girlfriends, The Parkers, Half & Half, and One on One.
- Marsai Martin is going to host Tiny Talk Show at Quibi.
- Captain Fall, an animated series, is in the works at Netflix.
- Stanley Tucci will star in La Fortuna on AMC.
- Yoo Ah-in, Park Jeong-min, Kim Hyun-joo, Won Jin-ah, and Yang Ik-june have been cast in Hellbound on Netflix.
Mark Your Calendars
- Ratched will debut on Netflix on September 18.
- The Comey Rule will debut on Showtime on September 27. Watch the trailer at the link.
- The Umbrella Academy returns on Netflix on July 31.
- The Sonata will premiere on Crackle on August 1.
- American Chopper returns with a special on August 4 on Discovery.
- I Quit will debut on Discovery on August 18.
PBS made a number of announcements:
- PBS Kids Talk About: Race and Racism will air on October 9.
- Tell Me More with Kelly Corrigan will debut on October 5.
- The Black Church: This Is Our Story, This Is Our Song will air on February 16 and 23.
- How It Feels to Be Free will air sometime in 2021.
- Mr. SOUL! will air sometime in Winter 2021.
Maurice “Reese” Schonfeld, The first president of CNN
Beckie Mullen, An original GLOW wrestler known as “The Farmer’s Daughter”
The Weight of Gold: This documentary explores the mental health tolls Olympic athletes face, which I’m sure would have been a very timely piece if the Olympics hadn’t been canceled by the virus. 8 p.m., HBO
The Godfather marathon: Just when you thought you were out, THEY PULL YOU BACK IN. 4 p.m., IFC
Ladhood: Comedian Liam Williams looks back on his adolescence in this British comedies, because that’s all TV is now, recycled British comedies thanks to COVID-19. Series premiere. Hulu
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Ice T, Jack Whitehall, Charlie Wilson
- Late Night with Seth Meyers: David Schwimmer
- The Daily Show: The Daily Social Distancing Show
- Watch What Happens Live: Naomi Campbell, Garcelle Beauvais
|ABC||United We Fall
|Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
|CBS||Tough As Nails
|The Price is Right Primetime Special